MVP Commentators

weasel1238

This is probably one of the most annoying things in MVP, and hasn't been touched ever since its release. Is there a way to export each comment and import a new recorded comment into the game (the new clip doesn't have to be taken from a real game..... just recorded by the modder himself)? Or is this impossible?

I know that this has been brought up many times, but I think that if someone actually figures out how this works, all of us will have a much improved MVP game.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably one of the most annoying things in MVP, and hasn't been touched ever since its release. Is there a way to export each comment and import a new recorded comment into the game (the new clip doesn't have to be taken from a real game..... just recorded by the modder himself)? Or is this impossible?

I know that this has been brought up many times, but I think that if someone actually figures out how this works, all of us will have a much improved MVP game.

Would people want to hear a modder's voice instead?

it is possible but you are talking about over 16,000 audio clips

Wow, no wonder it hasn't been touched. Most of the comments are ok, it's the silly ones that I hate, like everytime a batter comes up, the commentator says that we shouldn't be surprised that this guys gonna bunt.

I was thinking about this. Mainly because I don't remember my conversations re: mvp ncaa 06.

I bet we can rip out the pbp out of mvp ncaa 07 and put it in mvp 05 mlb, but then the player's names would be in kuip/krukow's voices.

You can, I have the ncaa 06 pbp sitting in a folder somewhere right now, however the announcers say very few of the current mlb names, e.g there's no 'jeter' or 'pujols', which may not be a bad thing actually :)

I suggested MLB 2003 (I think) because it had Vin Scully. No single broadcaster (still working) spans a greater generational bridge than Scully. Thousands upon thousands of names have been uttered by that man.

Absolutely, if this ever were to happen he would be the announcer to import into the game.

You can, I have the ncaa 06 pbp sitting in a folder somewhere right now, however the announcers say very few of the current mlb names, e.g there's no 'jeter' or 'pujols', which may not be a bad thing actually :)

The current 'color' guy in the game (name escapes me) never says the players' names in the current games, does he? How easy would it be to simply replace him?

The current 'color' guy in the game (name escapes me) never says the players' names in the current games, does he? How easy would it be to simply replace him?

Yea, he does, however all his player name announcements could be removed by deleting all the xxxxa.hdr (xxxx=player id) files in pnamehdr.big.

Then it would be a case of replacing all his comments in pbpdat.big with 'extractor' or a similar tool . Obviously you'd need to have similar comments in terms of context etc..

Yea, he does, however all his player name announcements could be removed by deleting all the xxxxa.hdr (xxxx=player id) files in pnamehdr.big.

Then it would be a case of replacing all his comments in pbpdat.big with 'extractor' or a similar tool . Obviously you'd need to have similar comments in terms of context etc..

So, how does the ncaa 06 pbp stack up with that?

Archived