MVP Commentators

weasel1238

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you would need to convert the wav files to dat files, and then make matching hdr files. the conversion process is simple, and so is the hdr process. they're just tedious considering the amount of files we're talking about here. but actually, if you're just replacing existing audio with new audio, then technically the hdr files are already there and not needed to be made. so technically the wav to dat files would be pretty much all you need. which is still tedious.

it's making those wav files that's gonna be the biggest pain, as it's both tedious and (somthing-i can't even find the word to describe it). it's gonna be a big project okay? :)

If you and one other person re recorded their voices, then sx could quickly convert your audio to the proper file type I'm sure. Just you and one other commentator to get the recordings down would be all we needed. It'd be great to hear a different voice done with more enthusiasm. "That ball is...GONE! It's OUTTA HERE!!!" to replace other things that are currently said would be a welcome change.

I'm on a laptop now, without all my audio programs at my disposal, however what we need firstly is a list of all the 'sayings' in the game. Not the player names, that can be done later. What we need is a comprehensive list of what exactly needs to be replaced.

So, instead of 'soft ground ball to the first basemen' we could replace it with Vin Scully's 'a dribbler up the first base line', etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've started ripping Vin Scully audio from 989's MLB 2002

So far (just going by player's names)

FULL NAMES

Cardinals

Jim Edmonds

Scott Rolen

Scott Speizio

Adam Kennedy

Juan Encarnacion

Eli Marrero

Chris Carpenter

Mark Mulder

Anthony Reyes

Adam Wainwright

Russ Springer

Izzy

Ricardo Rincon

Braden Looper (calls him Brandon in the game)

CHICAGO CUBS

Derek Lee

Mark DeRosa

Ceasar Izturiz

Aramis Ramirez

Cliff Floyd

Alfonso Soriano

Jacque Jones

Micheal Barrett

Henry Blanco

Daryl Ward

Ronnie Cedeno

Ted Lilly

Jason Marquis

Wade Miller

Ryan Dempster

Kerry Wood

Bob Howry

Scott Eyre

NY METS

Carlos Beltran

Carlos Delgado

David Wright

Jose Reyes

Paul LoDuca

Shawn Green

Moises Alou

Jose Valentin

Julio Franco

Damion Easley

Tom Glavine

Pedro Martinez

Orlando Hernandez

Oliver Perez

John Maine

Chan Ho Park

Billy Wagner

Scott Showenweis

Jorge Sosa

Stadium names

Welcome to Busch Stadium

Welcome to Shea Stadium

These are all in 16-bit unsigned wav files. These are only the FULL NAME recordings, not the individual 'last name' recordings that will also be needed.

I have other recordings, but wanted to get the players name list that I have so far down out there.

You can keep track in this thread:

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=373382.html

I just bought a copy of MLB 2005 for the Playstation 2 for $7.99 and THANK GOD I DID. Much easier, more players in the game.

I have 21 of the Cardinals 25 roster slots filled (Flores, Kinney, Thompson, Duncan, Molina missing) in a Zip of wav files that comes to 4MB.

Here it is from RapidShare, Mo.

http://rapidshare.com/files/17599346/Cardi...Scully.zip.html

If someone would extract the wav files, I would volunteer to take 100 to start and create a word document with what each wav says. I remember this was done for High Heat ( alot less lines). So if there are 16,000 lines all we need are 16 volunteers to type out the lines.

Thanks Sharpshooter for catching my little Ha, math mistake. I still thing we could get ur done. May have to do 200. Anyway, I think the next PC game will be when h... freezes over so we can take our time. It would need an ongoing refresher each year for new players but the core would be done for all the other lines.

Or just replace Kukrow for now.

Archived