MVP Commentators

weasel1238

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have High Heat 2003 and there is an audio program to preview/extract the files to wav's. The problems are that there is only one commentator, it's 4 years old so names would be a problem, and there are only 5000 or so files of commentary. Also it's Al Michaels, I think. There is a fiel with only last names, and a file with full names.

I've got HH2003 also. Al Michaels wasn't the announcer for that game. They had two announcers, Dave O'Brien and Chuck Valenches. Both were better than Kuiper and Krukow.

And yes, names would be a problem for this.

Has anyone been able to extract the 208MB PBP sound file of the announcers? I tried various methods that have worked on other MVP sound files but have not been sucessful with this large file. If anyone has done it, please let me know the method. This will let us at least get started with maybe just getting Kukrow comments out of the game those are the annoying ones.

I am doing something with it right now. I'm not sure if it's owrking because it's taking forever, but the progress bar is moving along. the pbpdat.big file is not a BIG file that can be opened with any of the normal programs. It is more like an AST file which has ASF audio files back to back. A programmer who mods EA's NHL games made a program called ASF studio for NHL 07. It comes with several programs, one named NHL 07 AST-ABK Packer/Unpacker. What you have to do is rename the pbpdat.BIG to pbpdat.AST. Then you have to take the pbphdr.big file in the "dataaudiospch_pbp" directory and put it in the "dataaudiocdspch_pbp" directory where the pbpdat.AST file is. Rename the pbphdr.big to pbpdat.abk and use the NHL 07 AST/ABK packer/unpacker to open it(either file). It's been about 20 minutes and the progress bar isn't even half way done. I assume it's working because there are almost 16,000 audio files in the BIG/AST file. I'll repost when it is done whether it worked. I think someone submitted the asf studio to the downloads section.

I just want to make it clear again that I have posted the .wav files of over 300 'play by play' isolated sound calls by Vin Scully. Anyone with knowledge of importing them into the game, please, let me know that you are doing such.

If someone is actually going to do that, then I will continue to get more calls, more names, etc.

Well im currently extracting all the audio files from the phpdat.big file, just like pdub is above. But like he said the progress bar is taking its sweet time so im sure one of us will have some luck with this sooner rather than later.

Just as well ive learnt some patience... :biglaff:

Error: Address 103424 not found in abk. Damn. I just clicked ok, and I see it is showing some files, but now I can't do anything. It seems as if it's frozen, but the damn progress bar is back down at the beginning.

Hardcore, how's the quality on those files? Are they from a video game or television broadcast?

I honestly think if we are going to commit to this, we are going to need a program that can edit the MVP play by play directly. I know of someone who made an editor for NBA Live 06, but I'm not sure he would be interested. Maybe if we donated.....

The Vin Scully commentary wasn't bad. Are you editing these files manually after recording, or extracting the sounds directly from the files?

Hory: how do you do that? what programs do you use? where can i download those programs??

I used 'Extractor'

http://www.volny.cz/nova-software/

Unfortunately it has a 30 file search limit unless it is registered with a serial number.

Also deslelect the windows explorer integration when installing or it will crash windows explorer when selecting a large number of files

I've started making a excel spreadsheet so as to index all the audio in the spch_pbp.big file

The spreadsheet and audio files are available in the modders section here if you're interested.

http://eamods.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro...iewtopic&t=1444

i tried to use the link but i get this message:

The topic or post you requested does not exist

Do you have the spreadsheet in another site??

• 1 month later...

You have to be on the modder list at eamods.com. I am a modder(but not on the list), but don't have the access to that section, either.

This was now moved to a more public section.

Time for everyone to man up and assist. You do not need to be a modder. Anyone can help.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived