MVP Commentators

weasel1238

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does that game have a color commentary guy that can be pulled in as well?

Thanks for your efforts.

Yes, Dave Campbell. And he loves making sure Vin Scully knows he is talking to him.

He's not that bad and we can manipulate it so some of the dumb stuff gets left out but my favorites are say, after a 2-run HR, Scully will say "She is outta here, a 2 run HR" and Campbell will follow with "That swing will score two runs for the Braves, Vin".

I fully expect Vin to follow one of these times with a "Dynamite drop in, there, Monty."

Per your earlier message, Mo...yes, it would be nice to have some help, but only so many people have a)MLB 2005 for the PS2 B)a PS2 c)RCA inputs on their PC d)Goldwave or similiar audio program so we can get the proper filters to match up.

I mean, if they did, we could break down rosters by division, AL/NL East, Central, West and if each person dedicated to 1 team a night for a week or so, we could have atleast that part finished fairly quick.

Would the real audio modders please stand up and pitch in?

I'm working on some things and have 2+ prior commitments. In the meantime I'm trying to broker partnerships on various items to change the game. If some one or more than one person stepped up to assist you this would be one thing taken care of.

This is a refined Cubs list of audio I have now:

Lineup

Alfonso Soriano

Cliff Floyd

Jacque Jones

Derek Lee

Aramis Ramirez

Mark DeRosa

Cesear Isturiz

Daryl Ward

Henry Blanco

Micheal Barrett

Need

Matt Murton

Feliz Pie

Angel Pagan

Ronnie Cedeno

Rotation

Carlos Zambrano

Mark Prior

Ted Lilly

Jason Marquis

Need

Wade Miller

Bullpen

K. Wood

Need

R. Dempster

J. Mateo

B. Howry

S. Eyre

R. Novoa

W. Ohman

M. Wuertz

L. Walrond

C. Marmol

N. Cotts

I went back through and started only using MLB 2005 Audio, for consistency. Eh, what are you going to do.

I'm having trouble because MLB 2005 doesn't let you reorganize the active roster, so some of the trades I make (for Dempster, Eyre, Miller, Howry) don't show up on the in-game roster options.

This is kinda fun.

Per your earlier message, Mo...yes, it would be nice to have some help, but only so many people have a)MLB 2005 for the PS2 B)a PS2 c)RCA inputs on their PC d)Goldwave or similiar audio program so we can get the proper filters to match up.

I mean, if they did, we could break down rosters by division, AL/NL East, Central, West and if each person dedicated to 1 team a night for a week or so, we could have atleast that part finished fairly quick.

Well this sounds like a good idea. I would probably help out with this if I had a PS2.

If someone needs MLB 2005 for PS2, you can get it on ebay for $7 or $8 like HardcoreLegend did.

If someone needs RCA inputs for their PC, you can get something like this on ebay for $4.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=5822222570

As for software, there are free sound programs available.

Audacity is one.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I'm not sure if has all of the features that you need, but I hear it's a pretty good program.

Updated list:

FULL NAMES

Cardinals

Aaron Miles

Adam Kennedy

Albert Pujols

Chris Duncan

David Eckstein

Eli Marrero

Gary Bennett

Jim Edmonds

John Rodriguez

Juan Encarnacion

Preston Wilson

Scott Rolen

Scott Spiezio

So Taguchi

Chris Carpenter

Mark Mulder

Anthony Reyes

Adam Wainwright

Kip Wells

Russ Springer

Izzy

Ricardo Rincon

Braden Looper (calls him Brandon in the game)

Josh Hancock

Josh Kinney

Ryan Franklin

Brad Thompson

Tyler Johnson

Need:

Yadier Molina

Randy Flores

NY METS

Carlos Beltran

Carlos Delgado

David Wright

Endy Chavez

Jose Reyes

Jose Valentin

Julio Franco

Moises Alou

Paul LoDuca

Ramon Castro

Shawn Green

Tom Glavine

Pedro Martinez

Orlando Hernandez

Oliver Perez

John Maine

Chan Ho Park

Billy Wagner

Scott Showenweis

Aaron Heilman

Dave Williams

Duaner Sanchez

Guillermo Mota

Jorge Sosa

Pedro Feliciano

Need:

Damion Easley

Ambiorix Burgos

David Newhan

Anderson Hernandez

I always thought it would be possible to just rearrange the commentary, staying within the event that would trigger it of course.

I don't know what that means.

Full Names

CUBS

Alfonso Soriano

Aramis Ramirez

Cesar Izturis

Cliff Floyd

Daryl Ward

Derek Lee

Henry Blanco

Jacque Jones

Mark DeRosa

Micheal Barrett

Carlos Zambrano

Ted Lilly

Jason Marquis

Mark Prior

Wade Miller

Bob Howry

Kerry Wood

Neal Cotts

Ryan Dempster

Scott Eyre

Will Ohman

Need:

Matt Murton

Angel Pagan

Felix Pie

Buck Coats

Scott Moore

Ronnie Cedeno

Ryan Theriot

Rich Hill

Sean Marshall

Angel Guzman

Juan Mateo

Roberto Novoa

Micheal Wuertz

Les Walrond

Carlos Marmol

The Cubs have 36 players on their depth chart. What in the hell is that about?

I have 21 players already and I guess I'm supposed to find the other 15? Blah.

Next team I'm going to make a dent in is the Astros. I'm going to try to get the entire NL Central done before the end of the month.

Full Names

ASTROS

Adam Everett

Brad Ausmus

Carlos Lee

Chris Burke

Craig Biggio

Humberto Quintero

Jason Lane

Lance Berkman

Mark Loretta

Mike Lamb

Morgan Ensberg

Orlando Palmeiro

Roy Oswalt

Woody Williams

Jason Jennings

Brad Lidge

Dan Wheeler

Trevor Miller

Fernando Nieve

Need:

Wandy Rodriguez

Matt Albers

Chad Qualls

Chris Sampson

Luke Scott

HL, As you progress, maybe we should get Hory or whoever is over the audio IDs, have a running list of who is done and who is not, so maybe those with good editing skils can get files from you by downloading the audio files and then they can create the ones that need to be created. Maybe upload the files to a central location for all future players to be created. How does that sound?

I have a question that I dont know if it has been mentioned before. Well, I once downloaded the PC version of the Gamecube Baseball from 2000 I think, and it had voices of John Sterling and Mike Kay. Now I know that that was a long time ago, but is it possible for someone to extract their voices and use them? I wish I could give more info, but I d/loaded this game back in 2005.

I don't know what that means.

What I mean is that for example, let's say there's 10 lines of dialogue for a strikeout, right? And let's say that 5 of those lines of dialogue are used more often than the other 5. What can happen is that we can switch up those lines of dialogue to give the commentary some more variety.

HL, As you progress, maybe we should get Hory or whoever is over the audio IDs, have a running list of who is done and who is not, so maybe those with good editing skils can get files from you by downloading the audio files and then they can create the ones that need to be created. Maybe upload the files to a central location for all future players to be created. How does that sound?

I do have a few questions:

a)how are the names recorded. Does the game look for First Name and Last Name seperately and then combine them or is it one full name audio file that the ID looks for?

I mean, I'm wasting my time creating guys like Chris Duncan and David Wright if I just need to actually create audio files for Chris, Duncan, David, Wright, etc.

b)where are the audio files stored. I tried looking through MVP 2006 and couldn't find a .big file in the pbp section larger than something like 4MB.

c)the list. I still need a list of actual in-game sayings, counts, etc. I've got over 2 hours of gameplay footage recorded right now and I've avoided doing the actual pbp captures because I wanted to work on something I actually knew I had a list of (players names).

If I had a list of 'sayings' or 'phrases', I could try to capture as much as I can, combined with, say...the Cardinals roster and Mets roster audio files I have and we could atleast start testing this out.

All in all, I am going to need an incredible amount of help of putting this into practice. I am more than willing to do all the audio captures, etc but the conversions to proper file format (which I don't know) and assignment of files (which I don't know) is going to need the help from an MVP audio editor.

Also, anyone with any kind of knowledge of PS2 file formats, if there is a reader for I believe an .skx file, or a converter, etc...this process would be sped up greatly.

Thanks for anyone with answers to any of these.

What I mean is that for example, let's say there's 10 lines of dialogue for a strikeout, right? And let's say that 5 of those lines of dialogue are used more often than the other 5. What can happen is that we can switch up those lines of dialogue to give the commentary some more variety.

IMO, this is exactly what's needed. It would stop Kruk from saying "sometimes you make the hitter hit your pitch, that's exactly what you saw right there" 80% of the time a pitcher throws one off the plate. That single line of commentary is the main reason I play with commentary off. I know for a fact there is dialogue in this game that I've heard only once since it's inception.

I do have a few questions:

a)how are the names recorded. Does the game look for First Name and Last Name seperately and then combine them or is it one full name audio file that the ID looks for?

There are 3 different pbp player announcements

Krukow - last namer only & Kuiper - Full name & last name

b)where are the audio files stored. I tried looking through MVP 2006 and couldn't find a .big file in the pbp section larger than something like 4MB.

Player names are in pnamedat.big, team names in tnamedat.big stadium names in stdmnmdat.big, all the other pbp are in the massive pbpdat.big.

c)the list. I still need a list of actual in-game sayings, counts, etc. I've got over 2 hours of gameplay footage recorded right now and I've avoided doing the actual pbp captures because I wanted to work on something I actually knew I had a list of (players names).

If I had a list of 'sayings' or 'phrases', I could try to capture as much as I can, combined with, say...the Cardinals roster and Mets roster audio files I have and we could at least start testing this out.

Using spch_pbp.txt would be where to start I guess, which lists all the pbp audio in the game, although the descriptions are not especially descriptive and before a list was started you could should remove all "pnm" "tmn" "stdm_pbp" entries as those are in the other pbp files.

It'd be great if you found out how to really crack it, then if you put the files somewhere where everyone could get to it, you could outsource the work and we'd all get there faster.

I agree. That would be great. I just cracked open some of the dat.bigs and it's going to be extensive work here. Really, though, the best thing for me to do is to get as much audio captured as possible.

I'll be uploading my Mets and Cardinals rosters tonight, people can play around with those if they like.

Archived