* Bringing Back the Boston Glory Days *

redsox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:w00t: Cowboy up! Ive never seen walkoff celebrations like that Congrats and making the playoffs and good luck win or lose congrats on a great dynasty
Thanks a lot man. Its definitely been a fun ride. There is still work that needs to be done. Need one more win or a Toronto loss for the divisional title. Will get that game in sometime today and post the updates. Thanks for checking in. Take care.

Giants .500! Don't blow it in the last two games...

You will be happy to know that the Giants won another game - one game over .500 and no matter what happens in their last game of the series, they will have a .500 or above record to at the end.

Congrats man - good luck in the postseason :D

Thanks man. Looks like I am going to need it with all these injuries popping up. Take care.

[align=center]banner.jpg

* BOSTON TAKES THE DIVISION EVEN WITH A LOSS *

~ Yankees keep their playoff hopes alive with a very costly win ~

New York Yankees (90-71) @ Boston Red Sox (93-68) - (post-game highlights)

currentpostgamereport-5.jpg

Post-game highlights

post-gamehighlights-3.jpg

* The Yankees sustained a huge blow as Jaret Wright sustained an inflamed right elbow *

* He had a 16-5 record with a 2.42 ERA, and is very likely candidate for the Cy Young award *[/align]

Niiiice! :D

Yeah, the Pedro situation is tough. Hopefully you can find one of those unsung postseason heroes Dane Cook keeps talking about to step up. Good luck sir.

I will surely be on the look out for that. Thanks a lot man. Take care.

[align=center]banner.jpg

AL Standings

al_standings.jpg

AL breakdown

* The Oakland Atheltics, Minnesota Twins, and the Boston Red Sox have secured enough wins to grab the division title. *

* The only aspect that remains to be determined is the wild card team - New York Yankees or the Toronto Blue Jays. *

* Boston has won the division, thanks in large part to Toronto, who lost 2nd straight to the 59-102 Royals. *

* The Toronto Blue Jays will most likely head to the playoffs as they only need a Boston win tomorrow. *

* But no one can count out the Yankees as they have Randy Johnson pitching tomorrow in game that is a must win. *

AL wild-card

Toronto Blue Jays - 91-70, 0.0 GB

New York Yankees - 90-71, 1.0 GB

Baltimore Orioles - 86-75, 5.0 GB

Tampa Bay Devil Rays - 84-77, 7.0 GB

NL Standings

nl_standings-1.jpg

NL breakdown

* Three teams (Florida, Philadelphia, and New York) are fighting for the top spot in the NL East division *

* The Cubs have won the NL central division while the Cardinals are fighting for the wild card lead along with the Phillies and the Mets. *

NL wild-card

St. Louis Cardinals - 87-74, 0.0 GB

Philadelphia Phillies - 87-74, 0.0 GB

New York Mets - 87-74, 0.0 GB

Houston Astros - 84-77, 3.0 GB [/align]

Hell of a race in the NL, with just one team - if the Cubs win - with 90 wins.

But can you believe it - the season ended without any one-game playoffs. I will post the results sometime tomorrow, but it has been one hell of a season through out.

Man, that shot Nomar hit was a rope! lol Looks like a great races going on. I'm glad you decided to finish this one, V! :)

I am glad as well Jay. I have had some bumps along the way, but I am glad that I was able to rectify some mistakes and keep this dynasty running.

I will probably take about a week off to get my playoff templates ready and I will then start posting. Thanks to everyone for sticking around. Take care.

[align=center]banner.jpg

* BOSTON CRUSHES YANKEES PLAYOFF HOPES WITH A WIN *

~ Manny hits a crucial 2-run HR in the 8th to prevent the Yankees from this year's playoffs ~

New York Yankees (90-72) @ Boston Red Sox (94-68) - (post-game highlights)

currentpostgamereport-6.jpg

Post-game highlights

post-gamehighlights-4.jpg[/align]

banner.jpg

BOSTON RED SOX PLAYOFF ROSTER ANNOUNCED

icon_bos.gif Red Sox General Manager Theo Epstein and Manager Terry Francona, at a press conference, have announced the 25-man roster for this year's playoffs.

redsoxroster.jpg

The playoff roster is for the most part similar to that of the regular season roster. The only major difference is the absence of Pedro Martinez. His injury is definitely a huge blow to the Red Sox who will start Tim Wakefield in the first game of the American League Division Series - a game Pedro was scheduled to start. Boston has called up veteran 2nd baseman, Mark Belhorn, to take over the empty roster spot. Belhorn has had an up and down season with the Red Sox. He started off the season as their everyday 2nd baseman, but lost the job when the Boston front office saw a need to trade for Marcus Giles. Mark Belhorn was batting near .200 at the time of his demotion and finished the year with a .223 batting average to go along with 10 RBIs in 49 games (148 AB). But Belhorn did show signs of improvement as he batted .349 @ AAA Pawtucket with 7 HRs and 24 RBIs in 40 games.

Marcus Giles on the other hand has been a blessing in disguise as he fit perfectly in the number 2 hole for the Red Sox. He finished the season with a .303 BA, 6 HRs, and 42 RBIs. He batted even better with the Red Sox where he had a line of .310 with 4 HRs and 30 RBIs and 17 stolen bases. Nomar Garicaparra will take over the shortstop position for the Red Sox while Kevin Millar and Bill Mueller will man 1st base and 3rd base respectively. Jason Varitek will be starting behind the plate and has played gold-glove caliber defense at the catcher position.

Manny Ramirez (LF), Johnny Damon (CF), and Trot Nixon (RF) are expected to roam in the outfield for Boston. Manny had another great year for the Red Sox, batting over .300 and hitting 38 HRs and leading the team with 120 RBIs. Senor Octobere, David Ortiz, will take over the DH role. Everyone remembers Ortiz from last year's playoffs when he single-handedly defeated the New York Yankees in the ALCS with clutch hits. He will be looking to add to his post-season resume this year as well.

Francona has announced that he will be going with a 4-man rotation of Tim Wakefield, Derek Lowe, Curt Schilling, and Bronson Arroyo in the ALDS. Wakefield had by far his best season in the big leagues. He had record of 16-8 with an ERA of 2.68 while pitching a career-high 224.2 Innings and striking out a career-high 169 batters. Derek Lowe, who came over from in the deal with the Dodgers, has been phenomenal for the Red Sox. He finished the season with a record of 8-0 and an ERA of 3.83 with Boston. He will be looking to continue his strong pitching into the post-season. Curt schilling will take his great post-season stat (8-2 career) into this year's playoffs and will be a key factor in how far Boston can go in the post-season.

The bullpen stays the same for Boston with Keith Foulke at the closer's spot while a supporting cast of Mike Timlin, Craig Hansen, Alan Embree, Mike Myers, and Lenny DiNardo will aid him.

Archived