* Bringing Back the Boston Glory Days *

redsox

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was searching for some baseball pics. to get some ideas and I happened to stumble upon that picture. Its actually a screenshot from MLB 2k7 that I modified a little to make it appear that way. This is how it was originally:

bigpapi.jpg

The pic. itself was 1280x720; I changed to image size so that I can post it on here.

[align=center]banner.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Boston Red Sox @ Baltimore Orioles (3-game series update)[/align]

[align=center]background-brushes-1.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Full BOX SCORE - Game 1 - click HERE[/align]

[align=center]Full BOX SCORE - Game 2 - click HERE[/align]

[align=center]Full BOX SCORE - Game 3 - click HERE[/align]

[align=center]banner.jpg

Boston Red Sox @ Tampa Bay Devil Rays (Post-game highlights)

post-serieshighlights.jpg

* David Ortiz had a giant impact in the series against the Orioles. *

* He went 6-13 with 2 HRs and 8 RBIs including a clutch 3-run home run in the top of the 10th inning in game 1. *[/align]

[align=center]banner.jpg[/align]

[align=center]American League East Standings (as of September 24, 2007)[/align]

[align=center]newstandingsupdate-1.jpg[/align]

[align=center]Wild Card Leaders

New York Yankees - 0.0 GB

Toronto Blue Jays - 2.5 GB

Cleveland Indians - 6.0 GB

Baltimore Orioles - 8.0 GB[/align]

Man, what happened to the D-Rays?

I know. They went into a 10-game slide during which team the other teams in the division were winning. The picked the worst time of the season to do that. I was very excited about a 5-team race for the division and/or the wild card, but I guess I will have to settle with a 3 team race.

I know. Not to mention my last two series are against Toronto (4 game set) and New York (3 game set). There is a very high chance for the divisional race to get even tighter by the end of the season. A one-game playoff(s) is a very likely possibility.

BTW, JR did you notice that HR tracker thing that I added on that screen with Ortiz? I tried out your suggestion and I got something similar but not like yours.

I know. Not to mention my last two series are against Toronto (4 game set) and New York (3 game set). There is a very high chance for the divisional race to get even tighter by the end of the season. A one-game playoff(s) is a very likely possibility.

BTW, JR did you notice that HR tracker thing that I added on that screen with Ortiz? I tried out your suggestion and I got something similar but not like yours.

I sure did, man. It looks great. The only suggestion that I would have would be to fade the middle just a bit. Maybe keep the point of contact a little lighter, and keep it lighter at the immediate 'trail' behind the ball.

Another little (simple) trick to add some depth, make a shadow on the ground underneath the flight of the ball.

Just a couple of suggestions, no big deal. ;)

I am terribly sorry to announce that after nearly 8 months of running this dynasty, I am more than likely going to have to shut it down.

I had recently formatted my hard drive on both my desktop and my laptop and while clearing everything from my desktop, I forgot to copy over the dynasty saves in the "my documents" folder.

Now, there is a solution, and I am hoping that I can get some response from those who have been keenly following. I have a dynasty save that is 145 games into the season. I can sim until game 155 (which is the game that I had last updated) and continue posting the results from there. But this is something that is going to go against what I usually do with MVP Baseball - play every game and never sim, restart, or manage a game.

But what I am thinking of doing is to sim the games in such a way that the end result is the same - meaning if I were to sim game 150 and I had lost that game when I had originally played it, then I will sim the game until I lose. That way my win-loss stat will matchup with what it is right now. What do you guys think?

Just to let you know, that I am planning on having a total classics 7 tournament up and running in the near future and in fact I had already started creating the initial designs for it.

Thanks for the input everyone. Part of me wants to start a TC dynasty but I have invested a lot of time and effort (nearly 8 months worth) into this to end it abruptly. I think I am going to sim through the current date (keeping the win-loss stat the same) and go on from there.

I would have simmed through the games anyway as I was going to continue on with this and make it a multi-year dynasty (though I am most likely not going to present after the 2005 season, but of course that could change).

Anyway, I should have an update sometime later on today, if not then tomorrow. Sorry for the complications and hope that you guys would still stick around. Thanks again for those who have been following. Take care.

Hey everyone, just to give you guys an update - I managed games 149-155 to get to the position I was before I had messed up my dynasty save. Here's what transpired over those 7 games.

Game 149 - Oakland @ Boston - Oak won 12-3

Game 150 - Boston @ Tampa Bay - Bos won 7-3

Game 151 - Boston @ Tampa Bay - Bos won 2-0

Game 152 - Boston @ Tampa Bay - Bos won 6-4

Game 153 - Boston @ Baltimore - Bos won 4-1

Game 154 - Boston @ Baltimore - Bal won 5-4

Game 155 - Boston @ Baltimore - Bos won 7-0

Here are the AL East standings, 155 games into the season.

Boston: 91-64

Toronto: 88-67 - 3 GB

New York: 87-69 - 4.5 GB

Baltimore: 84-72 - 7.5 GB

Tampa Bay: 80-76 - 11.5 GB

I just have 2 more series to play in the regular season - 4 against Toronto and 3 against New York. I am planning on getting the Toronto series done by this weekend and and the Yankees series next week - so that I can start the playoffs (hopefully) by next weekend. Sorry for having to manage the last 7 games. Take care.

[align=center]banner.jpg

Toronto Blue Jays (88-67) @ Boston Red Sox (91-64) (lineup card)

pre-gamelineup.jpg

* Boston welcomes Toronto for a very crucial 4-game set. *

* The Blue Jays are currently 3 games back in the division and are hoping to gain ground over the Boston Red Sox *

* Elsewhere, the New York Yankees head to Baltimore for a 4-game set with the Orioles. The Yankees had fallen to 3rd in the division - 4.5 games back. Their last series will be a 3-game set against the Red Sox in Boston. *[/align]

[align=center]banner.jpg

* HALLADAY PITCHES A GEM *

~ Gets Toronto to within two games of Boston ~

Toronto Blue Jays (89-67) @ Boston Red Sox (91-65) - (post-game highlights)

currentpostgamereport.jpg

TOR @ BOS - Linescore

boxscore1.jpg

Toronto Hitting

tor_hitting.jpg

Toronto Pitching

TOR_pitching.jpg

Boston Hitting

BOS_hitting.jpg

Boston Pitching

BOS_pitching.jpg[/align]

Ouch tough game. Halladay and that annoying palmball is hart to hit.

More than anything, Halladay was locating his fastball perfectly. If I remember correctly, he seldom threw the fastball for a ball. And when you mix in his off-speed pitches to go with that 94-95 mph fastball, it ends up being a long day for the batters. I am going to be facing Lilly in the 2nd game and hopefully I can get back at the Jays. We will see.

BTW, for anyone who hasn't tried out Hoops' 07 all-star sliders with Kumala's datafile, I strongly encourage you to try them out. I think they are by far the best datafile-slider combination for this game. It really is a thing of beauty - the outcomes are perfect; very realistic.

Kumala's datafile - http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=4086.html

Hoops' All-star sliders - http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=...ight=hoops.html

Also, KSM's FOX overlay - along with his loading/splash screens is another

work of art. Here's the link:

http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=4089.html

I encourage everyone to at least give these a try.

Archived