James Cameron to unveil Jesus Christ's Coffin live Monday.

DJEagles

Can you please provide what you are relying on to prove this?

Soddom in the Old Testimant, where God destroyed an entire city because of it.

He is being ignorant, like many who choose blind faith. He doesn't allow anyone to question anything. He is right, because he says he is right.

Ok, if you read the 10 Commandments, there is one that reads:

Second Commandment- You shall have no other gods before Me

And when you pray to Many and to the St.'s, who were just people, isn't that the same as praying to an idol? I have a Catholic teacher, who says she dosn't pray to them because its close to idol worshiping.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many Christians who are "born again" in this sense deny that those without such an experience are true Christians.

That is why I have a problem with your faith. Your faith preaches that those who are not "born again" are true Christians.

Hogwash.

Your religion is about as reliable as any other. Your is not superior, nor is it the "ONE". Your religion is a creation of man, who interpreted the Bible to suit his needs. Just like any other religion.

I dont know where you got your info, but I dont consider anyone who isn't Born again to be a true Christian. Just because you open a box on Dec 25, dosn't make you Christian.

and just because you say your religion is the best one, it doesn't actually make it true. If your God isn't tolerant or accepting, what's the point of even having a God.

Well, he has to accept us, not the other way around. The way he accepts us, is by accepting Him.

I feel like I just quoted a Marx Brothers Movie, lol.

Well what if a homosexual person accepts God? According to you, God would not accept that person.

Med, ya gotta know when to hit that off switch. Reach back there and hit the switch bro. You shouldn't feel the need to continue. And then continue. And then.....blah.

Pirate. Ya gotta know how to get to the destination. Though what you said could be used as a quote of the day.

I would love to see what would happen if Christianity was disproven. I would never want to live there when it happened, but I wonder what would occur if it were disproven. Chaos, yes. Pandemonium, check. More traffic on Sundays, probably.

I actually believe there was a fantastic man named Jesus. I have conflict with the idea he was truly born from God and Mary, but I think he was a spectacular person who was extrememly convincing in his preachings. He gave people hope and belief and still does today. Whether the world is better off becuase of him, I am not one to say.

I don't want Cameron to be right, but no one would accept it if he was.

Names like James, Judas, John and Jesus were all too common during that time period. Basically everyone had very similar names since Jews used symbolic meanings for their children.

Finding a tomb with the name of Jesus does not even remotely prove it was indeed Christs tomb at all.

This is why arguing over this is ridiculous and infantile. This has nothing to do with religion, if people just read up on their history no one would be at each other's throats.

Cameron is making this documentary to make money. He most likely knows the tomb does not belong to Christ and getting ignorant gullible Christians to be enraged over this to get more publicity.

Soddom in the Old Testimant, where God destroyed an entire city because of it.

That is your basis for your dislike of homosexuals? Based upon my last reading (approx. 1 year ago), homosexuality was not the sin referred to. If you read with an open mind, I believe you will find the inhospitality, not homosexuality, to be the sin.

Cameron is capitalizing on the running up to Easter. Plain as day IMO. That's why this whole thing isn't worth looking at. Just like any freaking thing that Hollywood will release during this time. They just want your money.

It's still a great discovery for historical purposes.

What offends me is not that you are a "Born Again"--far from it. What is deeply offensive is your accusation, or rather you claim to KNOW (as many evangelicals supposedly do) that a Catholic is not a Christian. Let me remind you first of all that there would be no organized Christian religion without the Catholic Church's existence before the Reformation. A great many of the tenets upon which Christian faith is based comes directly from Catholic writers, such as St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas.

Secondly, let me refute your "points":

1. Catholics worship God above all else. To insinuate otherwise is beyond ignorant. We know, as any Christian does, that there is no other God than God.

2. We do not "worship" the Pope. Rather, we look to him for spiritual guidance. If you look to the Gospels (ironic, I know), you will find the passage in which Jesus tells Peter that he (Peter) is the rock upon which Christ will build his church. This is the same place the common legend about St. Peter being the gate-keeper in Heaven comes from. The point being that the Pope descends from this line of spiritual succession and is thus qualified to give spiritual guidance. However, we recognize that he is only human and is liable to mistakes . The over all point is that we do NOT regard him as our leader above Christ. Your claim to "know" that that is the case displays your sophomoric ignorance.

3. We do not "worship" Mary. We revere her as the Mother of Christ, for bringing Him into the world and raising Him before His ministry. As she is particularly close to God and Christ, we ask her to intervene with them on our behalf.

4. We look to the saints as paragons of virtue and the personification of how Christ exhorts us to live. Because they lived their lives with such virtue and holiness, we occasionally beseech them to intercede on our behalf. We do not "pray" to them in the sense of asking them to give us something.

I hope that sufficiently shows you that Catholics are not the devil-worshipers that Jack Chick makes them out to be.

That is your basis for your dislike of homosexuals? Based upon my last reading (approx. 1 year ago), homosexuality was not the sin referred to. If you read with an open mind, I believe you will find the inhospitality, not homosexuality, to be the sin.

Ok, here, I didn't say I hate homosexuals, I said I'm against homosexuality. Completely different. One is a dislike of an act, the other is a hate of people. God didn't destroy Soddom because someone didn't lend someone else a cup of sugar or a Mule for the day, it was due to homosexuality.

3. We do not "worship" Mary. We revere her as the Mother of Christ, for bringing Him into the world and raising Him before His ministry. As she is particularly close to God and Christ, we ask her to intervene with them on our behalf.

4. We look to the saints as paragons of virtue and the personification of how Christ exhorts us to live. Because they lived their lives with such virtue and holiness, we occasionally beseech them to intercede on our behalf. We do not "pray" to them in the sense of asking them to give us something.

St. Michale, the St. of Police. Police officers sometimes pray to him for protection.

There is an example of praying to a person and asking for something in return. And when you pray to Mary to 'intervene', you are asking for something.

I hope that sufficiently shows you that Catholics are not the devil-worshipers that Jack Chick makes them out to be.

Now if thats in reference to me, I want to clarify something. I never called you devil worshipers.

I look forward to the show on Discovery, I don't think the find is that amazing, no more than the James hoax a few years ago, but man I love an Indiana Jones tale.

Before becoming a journalist I was an anthropology student. I have years of human evolution studies and ancestral work in my past so I have an extreme science bias to all God conversations.

Oh please! You know what, forget it. People are just too thick headed to understand only what they want to understand. I tried, God knows I tried to explain, but you shut the door and locked it, and your now trapped in a burning building.

You summed up all of your own posts with this.

Ok, here, I didn't say I hate homosexuals, I said I'm against homosexuality. Completely different. One is a dislike of an act, the other is a hate of people. God didn't destroy Soddom because someone didn't lend someone else a cup of sugar or a Mule for the day, it was due to homosexuality.

Where is it that you see homosexuality as being the cause?

This is going nowhere, and quick.

I believe some Catholics are saved, and some aren't. Just like I believe some Baptists (my denomination) are saved, and some aren't. Just let people believe what they want to.

2. We do not "worship" the Pope. Rather, we look to him for spiritual guidance. If you look to the Gospels (ironic, I know), you will find the passage in which Jesus tells Peter that he (Peter) is the rock upon which Christ will build his church.

I respectfully disagree. The meaning of the verse you are referring to (Matthew 16:18) is debatable.

Lautrec (sp?), thanks for your post (the one right after my first post). It got me thinking, and you're right, I should be encouraged. They aren't trying this hard to disprove any other religion, which tells me something. Keep the faith lautrec (sp?).

This is going nowhere, and quick.

I believe some Catholics are saved, and some aren't. Just like I believe some Baptists (my denomination) are saved, and some aren't. Just let people believe what they want to.

I would extend that to other religions as well, not just denominations of Christianity. Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, etc. (Even Atheists) I believe that a person's actions are what matter, not how they worship.

I definitely agree with the above two posts. I just can't stand the people who go on and on about how their religion/denomination is so open and then condemn everyone who doesn't believe exactly what they do. In my defense, I'm attempting to refute the notion that I must be an "idolator" because of my particular denomination.

I believe the man in the farthest reaches of the world, who's never heard of organized religion or Christ or Buddha or Mohammed or Moses, so long as he lives a good life with love in his heart, has just as much a chance of getting saved as someone who claims to study the Bible/Qu'ran/Torah extensively.

Perhaps I should end w/ a quote from Lennon: "I believe that what Jesus and Moses and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's the translations that have gone wrong."

Archived