James Cameron to unveil Jesus Christ's Coffin live Monday.

DJEagles

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is nothing but a publicity stunt. Even if it was the body of Jesus, which it clearly is not, how would he prove that it is? "Oh, its an old carcas, so it must be the body of Jesus!"

But film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici claim to have amassed evidence through DNA tests, archeological evidence and Biblical studies, that the 10 coffins belong to Jesus and his family.

Why not read the article first, before posting. Add the above with the fact that they probably did some CT Scanning, it may or may not be true.

Its Time Magazine not Wikipedia.

OK,,,now I haven't laughed so hard for a LONG time. I truly hope you're not serious, inferring that Time magazine is objective journalism. LOL. Heck, I think I'd trust Wikipedia MORE than Time mag. Holy crap,,,that WAS funny!

I understand that they can run their DNA tests. What I don't understand is what that proves. They could show that all these people who were buried together were related, which we could have guessed anyway. Or they could prove relation to any living relatives, or to other preserved samples. To my knowledge no other confirmed artifacts exist of Jesus, so how would DNA testing further any identification of this body as that of Jesus Christ.

I find this all very interesting. How did one man, 2000 years ago, stir up this much controversy. Here we are, all this time later, and we have movie makers (of all things) desperately trying to prove that Christ was not resurrected. We have moves such as the DaVinci Code with its outlandish yet indeed entertaining propositions of Christ's behavior. We have here yet another attempt to defame, decry and disprove the greatest gift ever given to mankind. Oh Mr. Cameron, I truly feel the hurt that must be in your soul. I wish you well, but this is just another round of man's folly.

I understand that they can run their DNA tests. What I don't understand is what that proves. They could show that all these people who were buried together were related, which we could have guessed anyway. Or they could prove relation to any living relatives, or to other preserved samples. To my knowledge no other confirmed artifacts exist of Jesus, so how would DNA testing further any identification of this body as that of Jesus Christ.

This is a nothing more than a futile attempt to discredit the Savior of Mankind. This has happened in countless varieties since Christ fulfilled prophecy. This is not new. This type of escapade has been foretold in the New Testament, and it will be repeated in some form again. Until man quits his folly, and seeks God, this is always the thing that will occur. I just love the fact that no matter how vehemently man in arrogance tries to disprove Christ, man's feeble efforts continue to keep Jesus in the front of our thoughts. There is good, and God will continue to work through man's efforts against Him.

OK,,,now I haven't laughed so hard for a LONG time. I truly hope you're not serious, inferring that Time magazine is objective journalism. LOL. Heck, I think I'd trust Wikipedia MORE than Time mag. Holy crap,,,that WAS funny!

Time isn't reporting that Cameron found that body of Christ, they are saying he himself has found it. Where is the problem in that?

This is nothing but a publicity stunt. Even if it was the body of Jesus, which it clearly is not, how would he prove that it is? "Oh, its an old carcas, so it must be the body of Jesus!"

Well the christians go purely on faith alone... at least he has a body and dna to use. He has a stronger case.

This is a nothing more than a futile attempt to discredit the Savior of Mankind. This has happened in countless varieties since Christ fulfilled prophecy. This is not new. This type of escapade has been foretold in the New Testament, and it will be repeated in some form again. Until man quits his folly, and seeks God, this is always the thing that will occur. I just love the fact that no matter how vehemently man in arrogance tries to disprove Christ, man's feeble efforts continue to keep Jesus in the front of our thoughts. There is good, and God will continue to work through man's efforts against Him.

I would first like to point out that I myself am a Christian--though I do question certain aspects of Christian dogma.

Now, to the point. The fallacy with the above primarily lies in the assumption that Jesus is the Son of Man b/c he "fulfilled prophecy." You must remember the key point that scriptural accounts of the life of Jesus (i.e., the Gospel) were written, at the EARLIEST, about 20-40 years after his resurrection. We know this by dating the earliest known copies of said Gospels (look it up for more scientific proof if you don't believe me). By the time said documents were written, the writers had an agenda to show that Jesus was the Son of God, so of course they would emphasize (or even embellish) certain tales about him in order to "prove" that he "fulfilled prophecy." So simply saying that He fulfilled prophecy and is thus God's only Son is ridiculous, as your proof essentially uses circular logic.

Again, I am a Christian and have been for quite some time. I simply believe that one must rest one's beliefs on more than the limited writings of incredibly biased sources. That is, there is a lot to be said for faith alone.

Why not read the article first, before posting. Add the above with the fact that they probably did some CT Scanning, it may or may not be true.

And still, Jesus had brothers. He wasn't an only child. And who's to say that some guy and his family weren't buried under the title of Jesus.

Well the christians go purely on faith alone... at least he has a body and dna to use. He has a stronger case.

How does he have a strong case? Because he has an old dead body? A body that over 2000 years would be close to powder unless it was stored in a giant mason jar?

And how do we kne that the body is 2000 years old, if it is? Carbon dating? A method of scientific age guessing that has been proven wrong again and again, one example being that once three parts of the same animal/artifact (pritty sure it was an animal) were tested, and three different ages came back.

I love how we all KNOW that Jesus existed. It's all a basis of belief w have no evidence. For all the Christians KNOW, Cameron is about to unveil Jesus' body.

then by your account I assume you doubt that Julius Ceaser ever existed? There is just as much proof about the existence of Ceaser as there is about Jesus.

anyway.....

maybe we're all misreading it and it's acutally a Mexican family named Jesus (hey zeus)..lol

There is only one problem with all of this though.....

JESUS WASN'T BURIED IN A COFFIN.

After his "death" (only saying this because he was ressurected) his body was then wrapped in linens and had spices/perfum put on it and then placed in a tomb. There was NO COFFIN.

Even after all of that his body was gone after the third day. There was no coffin, there was no "burial".

I reiterate: This man Jesus continues to stir the passions of man, be it in His favor or be it to disprove He existed. That, my friends, is the relative part of this dicussion.

Cameron can no more prove with a pile of dust that Jesus was there, than could he prove that Mark Antony is laid to rest under the Colossas.

Science, while providing many wonderful things, can also be manipulated, and has been many times. The point is, Cameron will do whatever he can to "lessen" the perception of Jesus. And, once again, it will do absolutely nothing. The believers will continue to believe, with thier knowledge of the truth, and the disbelievers will continue to disbelieve, with thier strongly held ideas. What's new?

The point I keep arriving at is this: No matter which way you believe, this stunt will do nothing to convince either side to change a strongly held core of beliefs. Nothing. It's folly, and while this may play well to non-believers, it is coming off as a mean-spirited circus trick perpetuated by a Hollywood movie director with a well-known agenda. It ain't gonna play with the followers of Christ. BUT,,,,,this little piece of theatre will yet again bring Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior of the World to out forefront. Thanks, Mr. Cameron.

I love how we all KNOW that Jesus existed. It's all a basis of belief w have no evidence. For all the Christians KNOW, Cameron is about to unveil Jesus' body.

Pirate, I totally respect your freedoms to question this. I won't argue with you on any of these points. It's not my job to MAKE you believe. One of the really great things about Jesus' ministry was that he simply presented His side of the story, and let people decide for themselves.

BTW, I love your stadiums, and thank you MUCHO for all the great modding work you do on them.

One of the really great things about Jesus' ministry was that he simply presented His side of the story, and let people decide for themselves.

I wish, in general (no slight at the calm and respectful lautrec or anyone else here), more of his followers would follow his example.

Archived