James Cameron to unveil Jesus Christ's Coffin live Monday.

DJEagles

Theres more proof of finding the "Spear of Destiny", the supposed spear used by a Roman centurion to pierce Christ than there is finding a body. Its a hoax, just like every other so called "relic" which can be found in the Vatican.

Also, didn't David Copperfield find the "Fountain of Youth"?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... Why are people so desperate to disprove everything about the Bible? Oh, lautrec you are now my favorite person on here lol. You described exactly what I was wanting to describe, and worded it better than I would have. Thanks man.

Here's a quote from the movie Jurassic Park that kinda fits in here, but you'll have to substitute a word here and there.

"God creates Dinosuars.

God kills Dinosuars.

God creates Man

Man Kills God

Man re-creates Dinosuars."

Another words, People expect God to be like a gimme-gimme machine, like their uncle who will spoil them with riches and pleasures. But when they dont get their way, they then start a vendetta against God. Someone may be an athiest because their mother died as a kid, others because they didn't get something they wanted. Just because we celebrate Jesus birthday on the same day as when Santa gives kids presents they wanted for Christmas, we have applied Santa's giving when asked qualities with Jesus's "Ask, and it shal be given."

Wow... Why are people so desperate to disprove everything about the Bible? Oh, lautrec you are now my favorite person on here lol. You described exactly what I was wanting to describe, and worded it better than I would have. Thanks man.

KillerBs ---- you have summed it up; "Why are people so desperate to disprove everything about the Bible?" Why, indeed? Interestingly, the Bible, which has taken some shots over the last couple of millennia, has some excellent predictions and prophecies about the very subject.

As contrary as it may sound, it is not only natural that man will attempt to disprove the existence, works, and ministry of Jesus, it is absolutely to be expected.

I personally take great comfort in EVERY one of these impotent stabs in the dark at who and what God did here on earth in the form of His son, Jesus. This is FORETOLD to us. This is prophecy fulfilled. This does nothing but prove to ME and every believer that what Jesus taught us is true!

I would be afraid if they WEREN'T doing this kind of thing! So, don't be disparaged by Cameron's inept folly, rather, be HEARTENED, and remember, the cost of following Christ, while steep, is worth it.

exactly, that's all i was saying... he has a body. It's more than the Christians have.

part of the reason they want to prove everyone wrong is possibly because of blind faith. So many people just follow things so blindly. There is no reason not to prove it wrong... everything in science is supposed to be questioned and proved wrong. Things that can't be proven wrong, are right until they are proven wrong. There is no harm in proving something wrong.

The Christians have the Bible, an official account of the word of God. If your mother/father/whoever called you on the phone last night, and said that they were at the store, and the next day someone shoes you a bad quality photograyh thats realy blury of someone at a car dealership, and said it was your mother/father/whoever, who would you believe? Your mother/father/whoever who you trust, or that guy you dont know who showed you a pic of what might be some homeless guy at that dealership?

I know thats a bad comparison, but you'll get my meaning. The Bible has proven again and again to be the True word of God, abd all man has done is proven time and time again that their, du, human.

Isn't it more like: If you were adopted, but your Mom and Dad called and told the old guy down the street, who only, as it turns out, spoke Greek, so he left a message that years later turned up for someone who may or may not have had ulterior motives in doing so who translates the decade-old message from this Greek fellow about your Mom and Dad, whom you'd never met, that they, at some point in the past, were at the store.

--Eric

lautrec, your my hero ,Christian basball fans unite! to quote Eddie Harris "Are you tring to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball?"

People will always have doubts about faith until they expirience God's grace for themselves I know that I was that way, no ammount of hollywood's propoganda will ever destroy the Chistian faith. Friends, I hate to spoil the ending of the greatest book ever written but we win at the end.

Oh yeah and how the heck is DNA comming into play? what are they going to compare it too? I don't think grissom could even figure that one out....maybe the low talker from miami but even he may have trouble. Well he have some bones they are in this tomb Holy smokes it must be Jesus!

Isn't it more like: If you were adopted, but your Mom and Dad called and told the old guy down the street, who only, as it turns out, spoke Greek, so he left a message that years later turned up for someone who may or may not have had ulterior motives in doing so who translates the decade-old message from this Greek fellow about your Mom and Dad, whom you'd never met, that they, at some point in the past, were at the store.

--Eric

That' a lot more accurate than Medric's post.

The Bible has proven again and again to be the True word of God, abd all man has done is proven time and time again that their, du, human.

Where can this proof be found? I bet you can't even prove to me that God exists. (And I actually believe in God)

The Bible has proven again and again to be the True word of God, abd all man has done is proven time and time again that their, du, human.

The bible has done nothing of the such. Nor does it really try to prove fact. I believe the whole thing with your christian/catholic faith is ... faith.... not fact. That's what the whole thing is about. Never in church when I was a catholic did they ever tell me anything was fact. It's all about faith.

That's exactly what I was trying to say w/ my earlier point about ulterior motives, etc. But I would take this a step further to reconcile it with faith--that because of these ulterior motives and the resulting skewed accounts, we should use the Bible (or the four Gospels specifically) as a "jumping off" point, to get us thinking about the point Matthew/Mark/Luke/John want us to get. We must then use these stories to open our hearts and minds to God's grace. Or, perhaps we should look at Paul's letters as having greater merit, as they were written prior to any of the Gospels and thus likely have the most accurate reflection.

Where can this proof be found? I bet you can't even prove to me that God exists. (And I actually believe in God)

Wonder when this stuff will get old, the discussion on religion and politics on MVP. I've found that it is not worth arguing unless someone truly wants to know-that they are seeking truth rather than just shooting the breeze.

If you look at the history of how the bible was translated, trust me, it was translated as directly as possible, and they even make greek with english King James Versions so you can check the actual meanings of words. So word for word of the message is available to us. Some of us just choose not to recieve the message.

Where can proof be found. The bible says that nature itself is proof that God exists and that man is without excuse. We can look at the stars on a beautiful night and say two things: "Man, somebody made that!" or we can say "Nah, that's just always been there."

Medric, don't tell me the Bible is the "TRUE" word of God. It has been to diluted and distorted by Man over the years, that it has come to the point that we do not know what the true word of God is.

Humans and their need to be "Christians" or "Religious", have led us to interpret the Bible in a way that benefits us. We quote scriptures that we think backs up, or justifies our hatred to another person. Ex: Homosexuals. Johavh's (SP?) Witnesses use a verse in the Bible about not "drinking" God's blood as a way to justify turning away blood transfusions during surgery, etc. Thus threatening their own lives, and the lives of their children.

Man is greedy, man is self-righteous, ego-driven, and self-serving. We have taken a book, twisted our faith, which should be a simple, loving, belief in a higher power, and turned it into a farce of its former self. Because of this, we have the "Born Again Christians", who supposedly live life by Jesus, The Television Evangilists, who preach Power, and healing, while lining their coat pockets with the money of the gullible. Again, you have the "Jehovah's Witnesses going door to door preaching their interpretation of the Bible, which to them was only properly

"deciphered: in the 1800's.

My point is Religion has been diluted and turned inside out by man. We have no real sense of who God is, or what he has done for us. We only have what we have been told by our own Religious figures, who are out for their own "personal" gain. Religion has been distorted, and has been the cause of Wars, and death because we abuse the right to believe in a higher power.

Don't tell me the Bible is the true word of God. It's a book. A book. I choose to believe in a higher power. I have faith in the Lord. But I don't need a book, which has been picked apart and twisted by many, to tell me what I should believe in. If Cameron has bones, and says their Jesus, life goes on. Our religion has been ruined by man. Christianity is a farce of it's former self, and until people believe that, they will continue to hide behind the bible to justify their hate, because Jesus said so...

I agree with the above that there seems to be alot of discussion about God on the MVP forums. That is good. I think is shows the spiritual battle that is going on in all of our hearts. So:

Here is the a formula to know the true God:

But for the average adult you have to use the 18 in. rule.

1. 18 in. is the appox. distance from our head to our heart. So try to not let the 18 in. rule stop your head from reasoning your way out of drawing close to God:

Now find a quiet place and if your heart or really your spirit being is truly seeking, ask God if He is real and if so, tell Him that you want to know Him. Be true to yourself when you do this. Maybe look in the mirror at yourself or whatever works for your heart to be true............

I turn 50 on the 28th and I believe many of you are younger than me. I did not come into a personal relationship with God until I was 27 and basically for me it came down to the

Pascal's

http://parablemania.ektopos.com/archives/2...ls_apocryp.html

statement inferring that only God can fill the empty "vacuum" in your hearts. I had a successful job, had done the party life, girls etc.. but man, it just flowed through my heart and did not stick. There had to be more than this to life. Had to be more than waiting for the next physical or whatever thrill to temporarily fill the void. The conclusion was that I was made to have a personal relationship with God through His Son Jesus and was created to worship Him and serve Him. So that last 23 years have been totally not empty, not easy, but not empty and there is true peace and meaning to my existence. Just trust a little and do not run from God because He is running after you but will not force Himself on you (He won't ram the Bible down your throat).

God did not make us into robots and we have free wills to go toward Him or away from Him. Every day we have this choice. He has provided plenty of physcial and writtten evidence for His plan. He even tells in His blueprint for true life us that His ways (the cross) seems foolish to man and to receive His truth we should be like a child and come to Him in trust. Jesus said: "I am the way the truth and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through me" It is really easy to know Him in your heart. He designed us not like a Yugo but a Maserati and His blueprint for us has the answers.

I have to recommend some reading material to you all to do your own intellectual/heart search. The library should have some if not most:

Mere Christianity by C. S Lewis

Case for Christ by Lee Strobel

An Anchor for the Soul by Ray Pritchard

More than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell

The Bible by God

The Bible has been translated correctly for the most part. I'll admit that some parts may be different, because the english language dosn't have the same words as Hebrew or Greek. For example, the Bible would say love, when refering to Motherly love, or Sibling love. But that wouldn't cause the Bible to be completely out of context. And here's one interesting tidbit you may consider coincidential. All the editors or producers of the new modern day "hip" Bibles have had terrible fates hapen to them, such as mental illness, and death because they misinterputed the Bible purposly. Which the Bible talks about, but I dont know the verse right off (will post when I find it later).

One of the most famous mis-interputations with these Bibles, is in Isiah, it Calls the Devil "The Birght and Morning Star" and later in Revelations, it calls Jesus "The Bright and Morning Star." And as the New Testiment shows, Jesus wasn't a demon child, he was the holy son of God.

Do you believe that the American Constitution is the true rules of the Gov't? Why's that? You weren't around when it was written. But why do you follow it, because someone told you so? Its just a piece of paper with rules written by Man. But you follow it. Now why is it so hard for people to follow the Bible, or to at least try, its the word of God. It seems like that should be the #1 prioritory.

Now I'm not saying I support all TV Evangilists, but there are few that I do. Charles Stanley, Dr. David Jerahima (I know I didn't spell that correctly), Crefflo Dollar, and Joyce Meyer. I give Joyce the most respect. She has a ministry that helps people in need. I know, once a few years ago, we couldn't pay our heating bill. With her, I believe you send her Orginization the bill, and they pay it for you, or something like that. So I know she dosn't line her pockets with cash. In fact, none of these people have ever said on their programs "To be cleansed, give me your cash." And its those people that I truely respect.

Our religion hasn't been ruined by man, its been ruined by self. Because we bring down religion, and blame others for it. Its not easy sticking to Religion when times are hard, but when you have nothing else to go to, I feel its more comforting to go to God.

I'm not Catholic, and I dont follow anything the Catholic Church says. But thats another topic for another time. So for me, the only religious figure that I believe and trust with my life, is God. I'm also not a Jehova Witness, or a Morman. Because they realy do twist the Bible to fit their needs. The Christian teachings are of love for our fellow man, which I will admit is hard for some people that I know. But I try my hardest to live by the rules of the Bible, and thats all we can do.

The Bible has spoken out against homosexuality long before it became an Issue. Dont have a point of saying that yet, but I'm working on it.

DJEagles11, I have always respect you, but you have truely offended me today. I am a Born Again Christian. And Born Again Christians aren't anything like what you have said they are. Not all of us as a whole. Granted there may be people who say they are, and twist the Bible around, but not all of us do.

I would love to see what would happen if Christianity was disproven. I would never want to live there when it happened, but I wonder what would occur if it were disproven. Chaos, yes. Pandemonium, check. More traffic on Sundays, probably.

I actually believe there was a fantastic man named Jesus. I have conflict with the idea he was truly born from God and Mary, but I think he was a spectacular person who was extrememly convincing in his preachings. He gave people hope and belief and still does today. Whether the world is better off becuase of him, I am not one to say.

I don't want Cameron to be right, but no one would accept it if he was.

Archived