James Cameron to unveil Jesus Christ's Coffin live Monday.

DJEagles

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I know that I said I was done here, but I just have to say this.

Ok, I am almost certain that it says in the Bible that the sole purpose of Man is to praise God. (if I'm wrong, please correct me)

And second, I dont know who said it, but someone said that God created us, and let us go. Now I highly doubt that God is an illegitamate father. Because if he was, miracles wouldn't happen today, which they do.

First off, I want to say that I have greatly enjoyed this discussion. There are many educated, intelligent people here. I think we can have a better discussion once we realize that we probably aren't going to change anyone's beliefs through this board. We just need to enjoy hearing other people's beliefs and thinking about them. I believe everyone should read about every religion and its history, it is very interesting.

I think that people will believe what they want to, and as long as what they believe won't end up something like Jonestown, then I have no problem with it. Now, I'm not saying I believe all religions end up in the same place, I'm saying that if a person won't listen to God, he won't listen to me.

To Christians: Our job isn't to shove our beliefs down peoples throats. We can't be Nazis. Our job is to tell what we believe to be right, and the rest is up to God. Some Christians are the most abrasive, idiotic individuals on the planet. Look at Jesus, He wasn't like that. He is our example.

Thanks for the discussion guys, and here's to hoping I contributed something.

I've tried to keep up with this conversation. I've put in my two cents worth, and I pray that I've represented what I believe to be the central point of Christianity. I'll sum it up, with a favorite set of verses of mine, 1 Corinthians, Chapter 13,,,,,please, take a moment to read this,,,ESPECIALLY those who are professed Christians. Thanks.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

-------------------------------------------------

Are we, promoting words of hope, encouragement and love when we find all that we consider "wrong" in world? People, life is short. Don't lose that wonderful gift of love, and service to others mired in self-rigteousness and strife. To me, life should include some sacrifice on one's part to help others, however that form may take. Don't waste your precious time pointing out the speck of dust in another man's eye, when you may have a log jammed into yours.

Listen, I have a theory of how everything started....everything. I am creating my own religion, and I will base it off of this:

I will base it off the Big Bang Theory...God was just rubbing in a victory over his dorm buddy Joe in an arm wrestling match in which he manipulated him by farting. He decided to light a victory fart, and stuck the lighter where the sun don't shine (There was no sun yet so it could have been anywhere) and let one rip...

BOOM.

i will finish my theory later.

I've tried to keep up with this conversation. I've put in my two cents worth, and I pray that I've represented what I believe to be the central point of Christianity. I'll sum it up, with a favorite set of verses of mine, 1 Corinthians, Chapter 13,,,,,please, take a moment to read this,,,ESPECIALLY those who are professed Christians. Thanks.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

-------------------------------------------------

Are we, promoting words of hope, encouragement and love when we find all that we consider "wrong" in world? People, life is short. Don't lose that wonderful gift of love, and service to others mired in self-rigteousness and strife. To me, life should include some sacrifice on one's part to help others, however that form may take. Don't waste your precious time pointing out the speck of dust in another man's eye, when you may have a log jammed into yours.

Easily the best post I have read in this thread, you have successfully summed up what everyone should learn and take to heart :wtg:

This thread should be closed on your post.

Thank you for that.

Darn, and I was going for post of the thread earlier...well no, I agree with what laurtec said there, whole hardedly, it definetly is the post of the thread. I will echo Killer B's sentiment earlier, when he said to read up on religions as a whole, all of them, so you don't have a skewed view. I read about Zoroastrianism upon some earlier posts, and though I don't choose it as my religion of choice, it makes sense that people can believe this, and use it to base their day off of it. Please people, you are judging others and are not doing it with all the facts. It is kinda bumming me out here. I really should stop reading.

Zoroastrianism is very interesting, but sadly I don't know that much about it. Who was it here that was a Zoroastrian (I'm sorry if that isn't the right word)? If you happen to know of any websites or books about the subject, could you post them, so I can read them? Thanks in advance.

Listen, I have a theory of how everything started....everything. I am creating my own religion, and I will base it off of this:

I will base it off the Big Bang Theory...God was just rubbing in a victory over his dorm buddy Joe in an arm wrestling match in which he manipulated him by farting. He decided to light a victory fart, and stuck the lighter where the sun don't shine (There was no sun yet so it could have been anywhere) and let one rip...

BOOM.

i will finish my theory later.

Arm wrestling contest ans farting. Yup, if your not nine, you have the mind of someone who is.

Here's some commentary from...uh...a person whose weekly column I read that clears up why the DNA testing might be important. I hadn't done much research myself, but this makes more sense to me now:

I see James Cameron has a new documentary coming out (he produced it) claiming that the bodies of Jesus, his earthly parents, two brothers, his wife Mary (Magdalene?) and their son were found in a buried ancient tomb in Jerusalem 20 years ago. I'm sure the whole of Christianity is shaking. DNA testing has supposedly been done; while there's no way of proving it's the Jesus (if, in fact, it's any Jesus at all), DNA could certainly establish who in the tomb is related to whom, and in what way, and while all the names involved (Joseph, Mary, Judah, Matthew, etc.) were commonplace in the Judea of the day, the odds are a little narrower that they'd all appear in exactly the right family order. Still, plenty of room for skepticism there. While I doubt Christianity will exactly be trembling over the outcome, early responses from the influential faithful have been fairly predictable. While universally calling Cameron's claims rubbish, one has suggested that if Jesus were resurrected once, he could easily have been resurrected twice (I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, and it still seems a pretty striking divergence from the Biblical story of Jesus, if you can narrow it down to one), while others have basically taken the stance that if the legend becomes truth, print the legend.

Archived