James Cameron to unveil Jesus Christ's Coffin live Monday.

DJEagles

The Bible has been translated correctly for the most part. I'll admit that some parts may be different, because the english language dosn't have the same words as Hebrew or Greek. For example, the Bible would say love, when refering to Motherly love, or Sibling love. But that wouldn't cause the Bible to be completely out of context. And here's one interesting tidbit you may consider coincidential. All the editors or producers of the new modern day "hip" Bibles have had terrible fates hapen to them, such as mental illness, and death because they misinterputed the Bible purposly. Which the Bible talks about, but I dont know the verse right off (will post when I find it later).

One of the most famous mis-interputations with these Bibles, is in Isiah, it Calls the Devil "The Birght and Morning Star" and later in Revelations, it calls Jesus "The Bright and Morning Star." And as the New Testiment shows, Jesus wasn't a demon child, he was the holy son of God.

Do you believe that the American Constitution is the true rules of the Gov't? Why's that? You weren't around when it was written. But why do you follow it, because someone told you so? Its just a piece of paper with rules written by Man. But you follow it. Now why is it so hard for people to follow the Bible, or to at least try, its the word of God. It seems like that should be the #1 prioritory.

Now I'm not saying I support all TV Evangilists, but there are few that I do. Charles Stanley, Dr. David Jerahima (I know I didn't spell that correctly), Crefflo Dollar, and Joyce Meyer. I give Joyce the most respect. She has a ministry that helps people in need. I know, once a few years ago, we couldn't pay our heating bill. With her, I believe you send her Orginization the bill, and they pay it for you, or something like that. So I know she dosn't line her pockets with cash. In fact, none of these people have ever said on their programs "To be cleansed, give me your cash." And its those people that I truely respect.

Our religion hasn't been ruined by man, its been ruined by self. Because we bring down religion, and blame others for it. Its not easy sticking to Religion when times are hard, but when you have nothing else to go to, I feel its more comforting to go to God.

I'm not Catholic, and I dont follow anything the Catholic Church says. But thats another topic for another time. So for me, the only religious figure that I believe and trust with my life, is God. I'm also not a Jehova Witness, or a Morman. Because they realy do twist the Bible to fit their needs. The Christian teachings are of love for our fellow man, which I will admit is hard for some people that I know. But I try my hardest to live by the rules of the Bible, and thats all we can do.

The Bible has spoken out against homosexuality long before it became an Issue. Dont have a point of saying that yet, but I'm working on it.

DJEagles11, I have always respect you, but you have truely offended me today. I am a Born Again Christian. And Born Again Christians aren't anything like what you have said they are. Not all of us as a whole. Granted there may be people who say they are, and twist the Bible around, but not all of us do.

Now you know how I felt when I read some of the comments you made last week. If being a Born Again Christian is about judging other people and their life style, and I am truly sorry Medric, but that is what tyou do...then yes, I do not agree with your beliefs when it comes to the Bible.

I will not apologize for offending you though, as you have done enough of that yourself lately. What's that quote about "casting stones"?

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bible has been translated correctly for the most part. I'll admit that some parts may be different, because the english language dosn't have the same words as Hebrew or Greek. For example, the Bible would say love, when refering to Motherly love, or Sibling love. But that wouldn't cause the Bible to be completely out of context. And here's one interesting tidbit you may consider coincidential. All the editors or producers of the new modern day "hip" Bibles have had terrible fates hapen to them, such as mental illness, and death because they misinterputed the Bible purposly. Which the Bible talks about, but I dont know the verse right off (will post when I find it later).

One of the most famous mis-interputations with these Bibles, is in Isiah, it Calls the Devil "The Birght and Morning Star" and later in Revelations, it calls Jesus "The Bright and Morning Star." And as the New Testiment shows, Jesus wasn't a demon child, he was the holy son of God.

Do you believe that the American Constitution is the true rules of the Gov't? Why's that? You weren't around when it was written. But why do you follow it, because someone told you so? Its just a piece of paper with rules written by Man. But you follow it. Now why is it so hard for people to follow the Bible, or to at least try, its the word of God. It seems like that should be the #1 prioritory.

Now I'm not saying I support all TV Evangilists, but there are few that I do. Charles Stanley, Dr. David Jerahima (I know I didn't spell that correctly), Crefflo Dollar, and Joyce Meyer. I give Joyce the most respect. She has a ministry that helps people in need. I know, once a few years ago, we couldn't pay our heating bill. With her, I believe you send her Orginization the bill, and they pay it for you, or something like that. So I know she dosn't line her pockets with cash. In fact, none of these people have ever said on their programs "To be cleansed, give me your cash." And its those people that I truely respect.

Our religion hasn't been ruined by man, its been ruined by self. Because we bring down religion, and blame others for it. Its not easy sticking to Religion when times are hard, but when you have nothing else to go to, I feel its more comforting to go to God.

I'm not Catholic, and I dont follow anything the Catholic Church says. But thats another topic for another time. So for me, the only religious figure that I believe and trust with my life, is God. I'm also not a Jehova Witness, or a Morman. Because they realy do twist the Bible to fit their needs. The Christian teachings are of love for our fellow man, which I will admit is hard for some people that I know. But I try my hardest to live by the rules of the Bible, and thats all we can do.

The Bible has spoken out against homosexuality long before it became an Issue. Dont have a point of saying that yet, but I'm working on it.

DJEagles11, I have always respect you, but you have truely offended me today. I am a Born Again Christian. And Born Again Christians aren't anything like what you have said they are. Not all of us as a whole. Granted there may be people who say they are, and twist the Bible around, but not all of us do.

First I am not American, I am a Canadian, and second, why is your religion better then the ones you have named above? Why is being a "born again" Christian better then being a Mormon, or a Jehovah's Witness? You have me confused Medric, like always.

You say you follow the Bible yet you judge peoples race, sexual orientation, religion, etc...does that not make you the worst sinner of all?

I believe there is a God, I believe in a higher power. I don't need a Bible to tell me I will be judged when I die. I don't need a Bile to tell me what is right and what is wrong. The Bible is outdated...should we not accept that, and adapt to this day and age?

Again, in my opinion, organized religion has been manipulated by man to suit his needs. Every religion twists the words of the Bible to suit their needs, and to prove "their" views.

I was going to let this go, but it burns me the longer I sit at my desk.

Medric, I am a Catholic...not a practicing one...anymore, but I do believe in the Lord, and I believe as long as I live a good, clean life, I will be fine on judgment day. I have sinned, and I will sin again I am sure, but I do not hide behind the Bible to justify the reasons for my sinning.

You are judging people left and right on this board...peoples race, and sexual orientations, yet you hide behind the text in the Bible.

That is my point! You use scriptures in the Bible to justify your dislike for someone else...do you really believe that is what God wants? How is that part of God plan or will? How is general dislike for homosexuals a good thing? You have me so confused, because I always though that loving God was part of loving all mankind...am I wrong? You can't pick and choose who to love, and who to dislike.

Everyone has faults, everyone sins, and it seems to me that the biggest sinners are the ones who hide behind the Bible to justify their needs, and wants in life.

Ok, I'm not saying that Being a Born Again Christian is better than all the other religions. How do I say this without it sounding like a jerk. In the Bible, it tells of how people can be cleansed of their past sins, no matter what they are, and how to have eternal life in heaven either when they die or when the rapture happens, whichever comes first (For those who dont know, the rapture is when Jesus is to come from heaven and take all those who have accepted him into their hearts to be lord of their life, he takes them to heaven).

I am against homosexuality as I have stated before for two reasons. 1, its gross, and 2, because the Bible speaks out against it. As I have said before also, if I have to work with someone who's gay, I wouldn't be best friends with him, but I wouldn't act like a jerk to him either. The thing I dont understand about homosexuality, is why would you want to touch something you already have?

Another reason Born Again Christians are different from other religions, is because we dont have a religious leader, like the Pope, who can be corrupt. No leader to tell us when to observe certain St. so and so's death day. We also dont do christenings, ash wednsday, lent, or any other Catholic holliday, because were not Catholic.

Just because your Born Again dosn't mean your perfect. I know for a fact that I'm not, nowhere even close.

Ok, I'm not saying that Being a Born Again Christian is better than all the other religions. How do I say this without it sounding like a jerk. In the Bible, it tells of how people can be cleansed of their past sins, no matter what they are, and how to have eternal life in heaven either when they die or when the rapture happens, whichever comes first (For those who dont know, the rapture is when Jesus is to come from heaven and take all those who have accepted him into their hearts to be lord of their life, he takes them to heaven).

I am against homosexuality as I have stated before for two reasons. 1, its gross, and 2, because the Bible speaks out against it. As I have said before also, if I have to work with someone who's gay, I wouldn't be best friends with him, but I wouldn't act like a jerk to him either. The thing I dont understand about homosexuality, is why would you want to touch something you already have?

Another reason Born Again Christians are different from other religions, is because we dont have a religious leader, like the Pope, who can be corrupt. No leader to tell us when to observe certain St. so and so's death day. We also dont do christenings, ash wednsday, lent, or any other Catholic holliday, because were not Catholic.

Just because your Born Again dosn't mean your perfect. I know for a fact that I'm not, nowhere even close.

Pat Robertson anyone? He was "saved". One of the biggest bigots on the planet...

While your response is quite passionate, it, like the article you criticize, has holes in its accuracy. Actually, the holes are not in your arguments, per se, but rather in the source of your information. For example you refer to the Gospel of John. Many Biblical scholars agree that the Gospel of John is a blatant reproduction of Egyptian mythology at worst, and historically questionable at best. Much of the Gospel does not agree with the Synoptic Gospels (the Gospels that DO agree with one another): Matthew, Mark and Luke.

Furthermore, if one studies the history of the Bible itself, in particular the New Testament, one finds that the books selected to be canonized were those of only one of many Christian belief systems that existed at the time, and they were chosen as the result of a political decision, the purpose of which was to unite an empire (Constantinople) that was divided by religious beliefs (pagans vs. Christians). While this information appears in The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown, it also appears in many scholarly books and articles written by Biblical historians and is taught at many seminaries and colleges throughout the U.S. and the rest of the world today.

What's more, several versions of the different texts existed at the time of the canonization, and only one was selected. There were several versions of the Gospel of Mark (or was it Luke? or both?), for instance. They varied in meaningful ways, and only one was selected to be canonized.

Furthermore, the Bible has been greatly altered through the millenia. Consider that no copywrite laws existed, and creative license was often incorporated in copying from one scroll to the next, as part of the norm in such exercises of the day. Marcus J. Borg, an emminent biblical scholar, informs us that the story of the woman who adulterated whom Jesus saved from death by stoning entered the canon in the twelfth century. He explains that this was a popular story of the day that a scribe had written into the margin of the text. The next scribe mistakenly copied it into the body of the text and now it is considered Biblical history, which it is not.

The Book of Revelation was not added until the 600s. The original text of the New Testament avoided apocolyptic language, which was the belief system of another group of Christians that Constantine did not want HIS Christianity associated with.

Many of the historical accounts that might challenge the canonized Bible (excluding the above mentioned story and the Book of Revelation) were destroyed by Constantine throughout the fourth century. There once existed a library in Alexandria, Egypt that is said to have contained many historical documents, possibly including information about the lineage of Jesus, which Constantine burned to the ground in 367 CE.

The idea of Jesus having been a deity was not introduced into Christianity until the Council of Nicea, 325 CE. The original Greek word in the New Testament that was translated into "virgin" in fact can also be translated as "young woman." Often young women WERE virgins, but not necessarily so. It is possible that the whole story of the spirit of God descending upon young Mary so she could concieve as a virgin was added to the Gospels to satisfy the pagans that Jesus was a deity, so they'd convert and Constantinople would be united.

Does all this nullify Christianity? No, not at all. What I believe it does is invite us to look more closely at the teachings of Jesus. Who the man was, whether deity or not, may NEVER be proven with certainty. What I think is VERY certain is the message Jesus taught us: The greatest commandment is to love God with all your heart, with all your soul, and all your mind, and to love your neighbor as yourself. Jesus also taught us by his example to have compassion, to forgive, and to serve. By following his teachings, we honor his message that he is the way, the truth and the life, and in doing so we may ourselves be restored to God as was he.

By the way, for a great and very readable introduction to the history of the Bible, take a look at the book "Don't Know Much About the Bible" by Kenneth C. Davis. For a better understanding of the historical Jesus, Marcus J. Borg has a lot of publications that are wonderful.

The above was copied from another message board. This is why my fath in the Bible as being the absolute "Word Of God" is tested.

I just don't like how people who follow a religion completely close themselves off to other opinions of reality. Like, there is no possible way in hell anyone else can be right.

Why are you right, and the other billions of people in the world that have their own beliefs wrong?

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light. No man come to the Father, but by me."

I'll post the Bible Reference for it in a few.

How is being "Born Again" better then being a Catholic? Also aren't people of the Jewish faith, the Chosen ones?

My point is, we all believe in different aspects of the same overall faith. Yours is no better then mine, or the next fellow. That is what is WRONG with religion. People get so wrapped up in what they believe in, they think there is no way that anyone else could be right.

How is being "Born Again" better then being a Catholic? Also aren't people of the Jewish faith, the Chosen ones?

My point is, we all believe in different aspects of the same overall faith. Yours is no better then mine, or the next fellow. That is what is WRONG with religion. People get so wrapped up in what they believe in, they think there is no way that anyone else could be right.

Amen. Why couldn't all faiths be right?

Catholics as a whole dont believe in accepting Jesus into their hearts and becoming Born Again. They also pray to Mary and any other St. out there, which is similar to praying to idols. Also, most Catholic churches have replaced Bibles with little packets that they read from, which can have the verses or messages altered by whoever. Catholics have the Pope as their leader, where Born Agains have Jesus.

The Jews are the chosen ones. God blesses Jews alot. Very few Jews are poor (few when compared to wealthy Jews), they were given Israel after the Holocost, and unfortunately, they are still waiting for their savior, since their forefathers didn't accept Jesus because he didn't drive the Romans out of Israel.

Buddhist and Hindu's acknowlege Jesus, but dont pray to him.

What you dont understand is that not all gods is the same God.

Amen. Why couldn't all faiths be right?

No, they cant. They all teach different things.

If your driving down the road, looking for the on ramp for the highway. (Ignore the colors) And you see a blue sign that says on ramp, three miles, then turn right. Then just after that, you see a red sign that says onramp, 2 miles, then turn left. And then you see a third sign, a orange one, that says On ramp, 4 miles. Colud they all be right if there's only one onramp and one road leading to it?

Catholics as a whole dont believe in accepting Jesus into their hearts and becoming Born Again. They also pray to Mary and any other St. out there, which is similar to praying to idols. Also, most Catholic churches have replaced Bibles with little packets that they read from, which can have the verses or messages altered by whoever. Catholics have the Pope as their leader, where Born Agains have Jesus.

The Jews are the chosen ones. God blesses Jews alot. Very few Jews are poor (few when compared to wealthy Jews), they were given Israel after the Holocost, and unfortunately, they are still waiting for their savior, since their forefathers didn't accept Jesus because he didn't drive the Romans out of Israel.

Buddhist and Hindu's acknowlege Jesus, but dont pray to him.

What you dont understand is that not all gods is the same God.

You are incredibly wrong on SO many levels. Can't prove your point so let's start the Catholic-bashing--classic. To explain the myriad ways in which what you've just said is not only offensive and hurtful but just plain WRONG would take many pages, which I frankly don't have time to do. Hopefully someone can help me out here.

You are incredibly wrong on SO many levels. Can't prove your point so let's start the Catholic-bashing--classic. To explain the myriad ways in which what you've just said is not only offensive and hurtful but just plain WRONG would take many pages, which I frankly don't have time to do. Hopefully someone can help me out here.

Either you dont know how to explain it, or you just dont know what to explain. I was Catholic before becoming a Born Again Christian. And I didn't feel like I was bashing Catholics. If I was, I'd say something insulting like you guys smell like burnt pizza or something (which you dont, well, a few of my relatives do, but thats a different story).

No, they cant. They all teach different things.

If your driving down the road, looking for the on ramp for the highway. (Ignore the colors) And you see a blue sign that says on ramp, three miles, then turn right. Then just after that, you see a red sign that says onramp, 2 miles, then turn left. And then you see a third sign, a orange one, that says On ramp, 4 miles. Colud they all be right if there's only one onramp and one road leading to it?

Fact of the matter is, no matter the religion, we are all striving to end up in Heaven. It's how you live your life now, that will decide where you end up when you die.

Being a "Born Again Christian" doesn't give you an inside track on anything. Anyone can claim to be Born Again. It's a means to an end. If that offends you, sorry.

He is being ignorant, like many who choose blind faith. He doesn't allow anyone to question anything. He is right, because he says he is right.

Fact of the matter is, no matter the religion, we are all striving to end up in Heaven. It's how you live your life now, that will decide where you end up when you die.

Being a "Born Again Christian" doesn't give you an inside track on anything. Anyone can claim to be Born Again. It's a means to an end. If that offends you, sorry.

Archived