If you could change anything in the game, what would it be?

TwentySeven

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see more players interacting with each other(walk offs etc..) and the ability for players to be inducted into the hall of fame. def better announcers and better player animations

That would be great, players being added to the HOF, does any of these console games have that?

I would add ability to pinch hit/run with a picher and have an ability to pich with a position player.

Like All-Star baseball? ah yes, I remember Bernie Williams pitching 1 inning for me lol throw fastballs without blowing his elbow.

I would fix the draft to be in June, I bet Tywiggins could arrange this if he could trigger the date to be changed in midseason, do the draft, then trigger the date to be changed back. But then you may get retired players. Haven't thought it through.

I would fix the injuries so that you could have more injuries like appendicitis, etc. I was thinking about doing this, all you do is change the text in the game

I would fix it so that when a player comes back from an injury, sometimes they do hit as well as they normally do, but sometimes they take some time to get back to their normal ability. Also, I would make it so that players would sometimes have to rehab from injuries. I bet Tywiggins could arrange this. It would work in a way that when your player comes back, you run a program while your game is loaded and then it would decrease your player's ratings, then after two weeks you run the program again and it would increase the player's ratings. Should be simple.

Mine:

This should be easy.

Take a picture of your arm and hand with a digital camera. Freckles and arm hair included.

Use that as a replacement for a skin tone and put it in the game for a better texture. Currently we have skin textures that are smoothed out.

- The ability to argue as a player and not just the manager

- Day progression from like afternoon to dusk, dusk to night, etc.

- Better retirement system so you don't have 50 guys retire for "personal reasons"

- Better contract system

Just a few off the top of my head

Ok now this is just a wish list thread.

Edit: you said: - Better retirement system so you don't have 50 guys retire for "personal reasons"

- Better contract system

First one can be done, Tywiggins mentioned it, and may have already done this while the second one simply requires text editing. I thought about doing that.

i always wondered if it was possible to change the speed pitchers recovered, this way you don't have a pitcher pitch 100 pitches then be 100% in 2 or 3 days, also relievers can come in for 1 or 2 innings and be 100% the next day.

I remember the All Star baseball series that was on PS2 nailed franchise mode. They had everything, Rule 5, Waivers, Options, correctly working DLs, June Draft, A and B type free agents(where they take away your draft picks) they even had an expansion mode (brings back memories). If you wanted to play GM that game was amazing. The only thing was gameplay sucked. I wish MVP had all those features..... how many years till a new game? lol

I agree with catcher throwing back to the pitcher that always irks me everytime I see it.

I think the creators of MVP should look at WSB 2k3 who had some awesome ideas. You hire coaches and you can change on what they teach like if you want contact you increase the sliders to contact. Also you should be able to fire your manager and coaches at anytime during the season. One more thing is that WSB 2k3 had a concept called team loyalty where lets say a player is on a good team, good playing time, and a nice contract. He might play through nagging injuries and he might cost less to resign but on the other side if he is on a horrible team, a bad contract, and no playing time he might not want to stay around. One more thing about it is that sometimes scouts will find players during the season which is awesome.

Everything else like day-night progression is right on I would also love to see HOF in the game and first base and third base coaches

• 2 weeks later...

You know, with the technology we have today, it wouldn't be that hard to have some kind of way to do text-to-speech for announcers. Apple's new voice, Alex, sounds so human - doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do something like that in MVP.

-dan

Doesn't really affect us with MVP PC, but if they made, like, MVP 2008 for XB360 it would be nice if they gave the ability to use the XB360 camera to put snapshots on created players. I was wondering why games like Madden and NHL 2K didn't have that ability. It's much better than the plain black silhouette.

I always felt that you should be able to take a bigger lead off 3rd base. You should also break for home as soon as you tell the baserunner to go, rather than going with the pitch as you do in the game. If you were going to steal home, you would take a bigger lead than usual, and you would start running some time before the pitcher began his motion for home. I once tried stealing home with Lou Brock (99 speed) and Phil Niekro pitching. I had my friend throw the knuckler high and away, and gave Brock the biggest lead possible. Some tries, he was out; some he was safe. I just can't see a straight steal of home in the game ever being done without purposely setting it up.

You know, with the technology we have today, it wouldn't be that hard to have some kind of way to do text-to-speech for announcers. Apple's new voice, Alex, sounds so human - doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do something like that in MVP.

-dan

dan has the answers, listen.

How hard would it be to contact EA and ask them what software (if any) they used to develop MVP? I'm sure some of us wouldn't mind coming together as a site to buy the software - especially if it means new[er] versions of '05 for us.

It's also kinda hard to railroad the catcher - am I missing something here? Right now I'm pretty sure you can't use the side button until about 7-8 feet before the plate and the catcher has to be pretty much on top of the plate - and even then you're lucky if there's a collision.

-dan

How hard would it be to contact EA and ask them what software (if any) they used to develop MVP? I'm sure some of us wouldn't mind coming together as a site to buy the software - especially if it means new[er] versions of '05 for us.

-dan

You got a number? I'm a good BS talker, I used to do sales, so I think I can get something out of them.

Archived