If you could change anything in the game, what would it be?

TwentySeven

Going beyond the obvious things like new graphics, fixed audio, etc, etc, what would you change? Obviously a lot of these things we can't actually do, but I'm just curious. Maybe one day we can send this list to EA when they start making a new MVP Baseball for MLB game.

I would get different announcers, not anything against the two that are already in the game, but just... I dunno. Also, I would make it so that there would be two sets of announcers instead of just one set.

I would fix the forty-man roster, the disabled list, all that stuff, to make it more accurate. I would also add waivers and September callups and all that stuff.

I would try to find some way to make spring training actually useful. As it is, spring training is a good way to figure out how to set up your lineups, but that takes a couple of days and the rest of the way is kind of worthless.

I would definitely improve the AI so that they actually knew how to rate players, select prospects, etc.

I would fix the draft to be in June, and I would make it so that you could import the actual players in the draft, like the top 1000 players in the draft so that you could select actual players.

I would fix the injuries so that you could have more injuries like appendicitis, etc. I would make it so that you have more options, like you can have players decide to have surgery or decide to rest and rehab an injury, etc. I would also include things like drug testing, and various illegal activities like a player caught speeding, or something. Just to make it realistic.

I would fix it so that when a player comes back from an injury, sometimes they do hit as well as they normally do, but sometimes they take some time to get back to their normal ability. Also, I would make it so that players would sometimes have to rehab from injuries.

I would also add some of the low minors levels, like instead of just having an A+ level, I would have regular A, and Low-A. Maybe not short-season, that's a bit much.

I'm just trying to make the game very realistic, that's all.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having the proper system for waivers and callups would make this game a lot better for me. Surprised none of it was in the original game acutally, I wouldnt have thought it would have been too difficult to put into the game... ah well.

Oh and proper walk off celebrations... you know the ones. That would be cool.

Having the proper system for waivers and callups would make this game a lot better for me. Surprised none of it was in the original game acutally, I wouldnt have thought it would have been too difficult to put into the game... ah well.

Oh and proper walk off celebrations... you know the ones. That would be cool.

Oh yeah, definitely better walk-off celebrations. The one it has now is really really stupid.

I want to have some kind of EMOTIONAL AUDIO recognition for when you pitch:

One Hit Game (It's almost a no hitter for Christ sake!)

Strike out the side (sounds so easy to do?)

Retire 10 or more batters in a row (that's something, no?)

Hit a HR (with the pitcher, of course)

Throw a complete game (In this era, yes that's a very rare thing to do)

Get out of a bases loaded no out jam (No comments, right?)

Close a ballgame (save it, finish it, game over! isn't that the most attended moment in the whole ballgame?))

ETC.. not really recognized the efforts of pitchers and pitching IMO however the steroids guys ones are pretty much well recognized in the game (Grand Salami, over 400 feet, etc)

Other thing I can't stand is the absence of actual stats follow-up, guess someone say it already? Man, my guy is leading the league in doubles, just remind me and the other team, please!, also batter vs pitcher history wont be a bad thing to know when pitching specially "in situations" !

Proper progression...playing multiple seasons just get redicilous with how player ratings progress in game.

A mode like "NFL Superstar" in Madden would be cool. Start in R ball and work your way up. Have a bunch of things I'd love to see with it but not gonna bother typing it all out...could make it real extensive though.

Getting back to the announcers, that is what I would like to change in this game.

I am wondering if any of you have an old DOS game called Tony Larussa baseball 3? I still have this game and I just wish I can still play it.

Here's what I like about this game that Stormfront Studios were able to do back in 1995. They had THREE announcers do the play by play. They were

Mel Allen, Lon Simmons, and Hank Greenwald. Before the game started, you had to choose which one of the three would announce the game for you. It was great. These were three great announcers and I loved playing this game because of it.

Does anyone else remember this?

Screenshot of Tony3

Y4L I do have it somewhere in a closet, yes, I did like it a lot, I did play it a lot also, I even watched Tony's video advices LOL, two baseball PC Games I won't ever forget are Tony3 and MVP2005

I'm with you in the announcers was great !

Y4L I do have it somewhere in a closet, yes, I did like it a lot, I did play it a lot also, I even watched Tony's video advices LOL, two baseball PC Games I won't ever forget are Tony3 and MVP2005

I'm with you in the announcers was great !

Hey elduque, what about Oldtime baseball? My God, that was another game that was released at the same time Tony 3 was. You could play any team from any year. The announcers for that were Curt Gowdy and Mel Allen.

Here's a Wikipedia link for the game.

I miss this one too.

Now I wonder if there is a way for me to play these games on XP?

Proper progression...playing multiple seasons just get redicilous with how player ratings progress in game.

A mode like "NFL Superstar" in Madden would be cool. Start in R ball and work your way up. Have a bunch of things I'd love to see with it but not gonna bother typing it all out...could make it real extensive though.

That Superstar mode would be sweet. I also would like a create-a-ballpark thing like MVP NCAA ones have, (for those of us who can't oedit!)

Just a few ideas that may or may not be feasible:

Home run derby tournament style just as in real life

option to choose announcer team before game or dynasty

ability to save the game and resume later

ability to use more than one stadium in the batting game

ability to play spring training games from the start

ability to play tournament playoffs in addtion to dynasty and owner mode

use of new phrases by the announcer

special event games (ie: Mother's Day pink bats, Old Timer's Day, Jackie Robinson Day, etc)

increase the maximum limit of the free agents list

ability to create a left handed catcher in the game

compatibility with the new screen resolutions available

ability to use a 4 starting pitcher rotation if needed

as mentioned above, MLB superstar mode would be a nice touch

ability to save the game and resume later

this is something I forgot, and would absolutely love to see. I can't believe it's not in the game. :headache: So annoying quitting games in the 6th+ inning, and having to restart the whole game later instead of being able to resume it.

this is something I forgot, and would absolutely love to see. I can't believe it's not in the game. :headache: So annoying quitting games in the 6th+ inning, and having to restart the whole game later instead of being able to resume it.

Oh yeah I totally forgot that one. I hate it when someone else in the household comes and kicks me off the cpu and I'm in the middle of the game.

I would like to see more minor league coverage (with real stadiums and all) and have a decent functioning owner mode. The create stadium feature has too few options for field layout, and it is impossible to make enough money. They were on the right track for the owner mode, they just needed a year or two to refine it, which EA lost the ability to do.

I would like to see more minor league coverage (with real stadiums and all) and have a decent functioning owner mode. The create stadium feature has too few options for field layout, and it is impossible to make enough money. They were on the right track for the owner mode, they just needed a year or two to refine it, which EA lost the ability to do.
It would be nice, yes.

Listening to all these wants made me realize how crappy of a game MVP 05 is without all these modders here at MVPMODS. Kudos to everyone here!

Here are a couple more:

The fans should cheer when a starting pitcher leaves the ballgame after a good outing, but if they got shelled they get booed. Like, if the guy goes 7 innings, 1 run, 6 K's, 1 BB, which is a quality start, they get the standing ovation you would expect.

Also, one thing that just bugs me is the catcher doesn't throw back to the pitcher after each pitch. You'd think that would be easy to add.

Another is that the catcher can't make snap throws to the bases to catch runners sleeping. As it is, there is the pickoff, but snap throws are exciting!

I know that it keeps track of a player's career stats, but I'd like to see an all-time list of stats for both a season and a career so we can see how a player ends up ranking at the end of his career. All it would take would be a top-ten list to make me happy.

• 1 month later...

Archived