Hoop27's MVP 07 Allstar Sliders V1.1

Hoop27

the one thing I have noticed using kumala's datafile is you may want to up the hitting power for both sides. I'm still experimenting with it myself but my first 3 games with kumala's were 2-0 2-1 and 1-0 with me throwing a 1 hitter and 2 hitter. However the ball physics are amazing, i have a hunch that there will be a few more hits upping the batting power.

If that is the case I'll adjust sliders for Kumala's and MD's datafile (I use the same set for default and MD's)

I was thinking the same thing. Not to much though. I absolutely love this datafile though. Like to see what you come up with Hoop.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I hit two homers in 1 exhibition game, but in my dynasty playoff none, as well as the cpu, and yes very close games, one run games, except the last I played I got 10 hits and 5 runs and Glavine pitched a shutout, he will dream to do it right now in real life LOL

As you can see I pitched a no-no but loose it @#|¬#@ !

my earliest best guess with kumala's datafile and my sliders is +20 to power for human and cpu (from where it is now) and +5 to User Pitch Meter Difficulty.

You may also want to consider dropping the OF speed back to 0, I have to admit I'm having a b*tch of a time getting much offense out of my team or the CPU.

Thanks Hoop I will try those changes right now cause man, I just pitched a perfect game with Pedro!!!!! not that I regret that but well .... I have mixed feelings about it, I won 2-0 and my 2 runs came from a 440ft. blast I hit with M. Alou in the 5th inning which broke the perfect (till then) for both pitcher's game. LOL

if you guys want more off. edit batterai in the datafile. especially numbers 15-18 and 30 and 31. 30 and 31 affects powerhit speed and 15-18 affects contact quality. raise it by 25 and see what works for you. You guys are damn good hitters or raise your contact slider. I have mine at 0 for both. some games are close while others are back and forth. most runs I have scored was 10 and the cpu was 8.

you guys can also adjust your pitch meter difficulty more, I have mine at 50 and pitch control at -50. Makes it challenging for me hit my spots and the most ks i've gotten was 8. thats the changes I made to hoops sliders. seems like this setup aids the user pitcher. And like, hoops said adjust to your liking.

I suck at hitting Kumala, but I can pitch :D

for me it is very very good, because keeps me focus in the game the whole 9 innings and I love the drama of the 0x0 games being decided on little things, but well, for make it more accurate to reality a bit of more offense won't do bad, but for nothing in this world I want back those roid's kinda arcade games, hate that ! So I will increase little by little every 10 games I play let's say and adjust to the value that works best for me, a bit more of pop and contact is what I will try, for now.

just played a great game. using my pro sliders. I upped user and cpu hitting to 15 and power to 5. trailing 3-1 in the 8th, pinch hit podsednik for luis terero with 2 runners on and he crushes a three run shot. end up winning 5-3.

thats it. may raise 30 to .850 and 31 to 1.175

oops... I thought you were talking 'bout the sliders :binkybaby: , so you mean edit THE datafile.txt you released? if yes, how? open it on notepad simply, edit and save?

BTW, I have changed (in the sliders) what Hoop suggested (minus making the user pitching control +5) and seems to balance a bit CPU and user, for user is almost perfect for me like that (just miss the HR kinda power) but CPU still can't score against me in 10 playoffs games I have played already (and that is suspicious to me, because when you play a 162 season, "suddenly" by the last month of the regular season, seems those CPU players find a truck full of 'roids and start to hit like superman, so I am afraid of giving more power/contact to CPU and get boosted after a LONG season effort)

let us know what you get Maestro. I've had the same issue that Elduque has had. (constant 1 hitters, 2 hitters. etc.)

The pitch meter on Kumala's is perfect by far the best I've used so far. It just seems to me that the ball isnt being hit hard enough by cpu and user batters. Other than that its a fabulous datafile. But I will continue to tinker and see what I can come up with. (I'm actually thinking of really hiking the power and see what happens.)

I'll let you know if I find something good.

Just played a game in my Dynasty. My Cubs against the Sox. Made the changes suggested by kumala in the datafile. Used his PRO sliders.

Cubs: 5 10 0

Sox: 6 13 1

CPU had 2 doubles and 2 Homeruns. I had 0 HR but hit 3 doubles and 2 triples. It was a really good game, best I have had so far. We battled back and forth.

I had bumped up User/CPU Bat Contact to 18, and power to 8. I might bumped those back down to what kumala originally had.

Hoop, I'm going to play a game with your new All-star sliders tommorrow and see what happens. I have always like your sliders every since I first found this site. I am nowhere near a slider guru, leave that to the experts like you. :smile:

And like Hoop stated, this is by far the best datafile I have played with. The variety of hits and ball physics is just amazing.

Alright I just had some success winning a game 5-4 (in 17 innings it was insane) however 4 balls left the park and a couple other extra base hits so I think I may be onto something. I'll keep testing and have a slider set up tomorrow night sometime. And yes I am playing on Allstar

The Hoop27 and Kumula combo seems to be working really well. As mentioned, the only aspect that needs changing is hitting for both the user and the cpu. I actually thinking postitioning the infielders a little more inwards will help. Looking forward to future updates!

Hummm... did the datafile edit "Kumala's batterai 30 and 31 changes"

Played my 3rd World Series games against the Twins with Johan in the mound, me Maine, here it is:

MIN (7-8)

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0

0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 X 2 7 1

NYM (10-1)

W: John Maine (2-1) L: Johan Santana (1-1)

they broke me the no-no in the 8th with 1 out.

BATTING

HR: David Wright (1);

RBI: Shawn Green (3); David Wright (8)

John Maine (W, 2-1)

IP H R ER BB SO PC ERA

9.0 2 0 0 1 7 71 0.00

Johan Santana (L, 1-1)

IP H R ER BB SO PC ERA

8.0 7 2 2 0 2 59 2.35

I was playing in PRO and with the sliders UP as suggested by Hoop, now I will play the next game in ALL STAR see what changes, if :p

I LOOSE !!!! I LOOSE !!! I LOOSE !

OK, in ALL STAR they HIT and pitch location for me was HARD, was errors, caught stealing, stoled bases, PC went high, clutch pinch hitting (Ol'Franco hit a pinch-hit HR in the 8th) anyways was VERY challenging, I am very happy, will give the ball to El Duque now see if he can close the series for me, and get a 6th Ring for himself :D

Sliders are up. Please note that there are two sets of sliders. One for MVP 07/MaddiesDaddy's datafile and one for Kumala's datafile.

Thanks for the sliders Hoops. Just a question. With the current sliders you just put up for Kumula's datafile, is there still the need to edit the datafile (values 30 + 31) to generate a good amount of offence?

Archived