Hoop27's MVP 07 Allstar Sliders V1.1

Hoop27

don't kill yourself over this one guys, if it does not work for you try another datafile. I tried ksm, and his has more offense but I feel a little too much for me. But since you guys are better at pitching this one could be for you.

Oh c'mon now what fun would throwing in the towel be ;) I'm thinking all star level with more slider adjustments is the guess of the day and I'll be taking a good run at this on the weekend. Though it does hurt my brain a bit :headache:

On a serious note the ball physics, pitch meter, cameras etc. are just excellent. I'll show this damn datafile who's it's daddy eventually :starwars:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good one hoop, remember there are other things to do around the house. I have been bombing some homers with my datafile and noticed in the last couple games how the cpu has poor production. That throws me off because I was losing a lot of games prior. I am doing some other editing to see what can be done.

:balloons: I THINK I'VE GOT IT!! :balloons:

The problem is not in the sliders. it is in the datafile. Now before anyone gets hissy I'll explain...

As most of you know I've been extremely dominant pitching (just threw a 1 hitter) and it clicked into my head that I was getting a load of ground ball outs in comparison to flyball outs.

So from the 4th inning on I kept every pitch low (as best I could) and I got 1 pop out and a line drive double with 2 outs in the 9th. Now normally I keep the ball low in the zone anyways and wondered if that could be it...

I checked the gamelogs of my last 8 games with Kumala's DF and the most fly ball outs were 7 in a game. (most were 4 or 5) so I checked further back with the 07 default and Maddies DF's and noticed I was at an average of 9 fly ball outs a game.

Then I started thinking well why am I getting fly balls and the cpu isnt?

The answer is I (and most people I am guessing) do tend to get the left thumb stick up more so than not. hence you are getting more balls going over the infielders, even on low pitches, which in turn will generate more hits. While I am assuming the computer will try and go with the pitch. (so if you throw low and outside it'll try and slap one the other way usually on the ground)

I have to think this should be a fairly easy fix for you Kumala if you think my theory is right.

p.s. I told you I'd show this DF who it's daddy was! :starwars:

You're probably right. I ALWAYS pitch low, and with this datafile I have not let up more than 2 runs in a game. And you're right about people putting the left thumb stick up. I definitely do that a lot so the ball goes further.

Have you guys tried ksm datafile. I tried it and I like the physics on his datafile. Since you guys are good at pitching, you should try his datafile. I try to get into it since I really like his work, but I get shelled no matter where I place my pitches. I have a harder time hitting homers with his datafile, but not the cpu. I got shelled for 14 runs, 24 hits and 5 homers. I managed 2 runs, 6 hits 1 homer. As far as my datafile I went back to scratch. default data and began editing again.

Have you guys tried ksm datafile. I tried it and I like the physics on his datafile. Since you guys are good at pitching, you should try his datafile. I try to get into it since I really like his work, but I get shelled no matter where I place my pitches. I have a harder time hitting homers with his datafile, but not the cpu. I got shelled for 14 runs, 24 hits and 5 homers. I managed 2 runs, 6 hits 1 homer. As far as my datafile I went back to scratch. default data and began editing again.

I dont think going back from scratch is necessary for your datafile. my suggestion would be to increase the elevation of the ball coming off the bat (preferably just for CPU) just a little bit. especially on the low third of the zone.

Seems like his datafile helps the cpu and sort of lowers the user when it comes to batting. ksm batterai section really is different from mines. Especially value 30 and 31. He has it at .918 and .996 around. These affect ballpowerspeed. Try changing those especially 31 and see what changes. His datafile seems to have a problem with fielders being out of place when catching popups or flyballs. As the ball is coming down, the ball is sort off to the side when the catch is made or sometimes they completely miss a routine popup or fly. That to me was the kill factor to me. To many times the catcher would just miss a routine out and led to another atbat for me. I went hardcore into the datafile to see all the major areas that could be edited. Knowing ksm had the hitting issue covered. I looked at my data and his side by side and incorporated some of his into mine. First game I played. I won 6-4. minnesota had 2 homers and 11 hits total. I had 3 homers, 2 by dye, and 14 hits. Next game I lost 2-1 and walked in the winning run. so will be doing more testing as my season progresses. SO in other words I guess I lied about a final datafile.

:lol: it's ok to lie to us man ;)

Might I suggest firing up beta's for us to help test? I'd say most of us would agree that we like your datafile, but tweaks have to be made.

I'm happy to be a guinea pig!

any feed on the beta guys? Had a great series in the jake with a sweep. Konerko and Dye went off with the dingers. Went to fenway and got swept in 4 games. low scoring affair. Game 1 4-3 lost on walk off homer by lugo, game 2 4-1, game 3 3-1 and game 4 lost 3-0 (shut out by wakefield). Compared to the series in the jake which was a hit fest.

I played a game on Allstar with sliders all at 0 ( I didnt know which sliders to use). Well pitching was refreshingly challenging. I was the nationals w/ jerome williams pitching. I gave up 2 runs and I had 3 in the 4th inning. It was a great file. One good thing I saw was that there was a line drive that got over a 1st baseman which went down the line for a double, I have never seen that before and was happy.

hoop, are trying the one I emailed last night?

July 2nd is the date on the file I have. and I actually played a game with it. Score was 2-1 for me 6 hits each way. I think I may have an idea though if this is dooable....

I noticed a lot of diving stops in my game, so I was wondering if we can put the defense's reaction time back like 1/10 of a second or something like that? It might allow for more hits through the infield.

You must be one damn good pitcher to have those kind of scores. Try raising the cpu contact and power more. Usually pro is low scoring but with the latest changes games have been more than low scoring. But it varies game to game.

Archived