Hoop27's MVP 07 Allstar Sliders V1.1

Hoop27

yeah, the aerial cam I forgot to make the change. but its a simple one. just edit value 65 in fieldingview3. Hoop, you have to be kidding with the underpower. My last three games against the Astros, there have been an average of 2 to 4 homers per game. First game I won 8-3, second 5-4 in 13 innings, and last game 7-5. thome has hit homers in 3 of last 4 games and 2 in one. the cpu has also hit the homers and piled hits on me. Did you use the new datafile I just posted.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remember I have my settings set for all-star which makes the game more difficult in theory. I'm thinking that has to be the difference. I suppose I could be a pitching machine too :lol: but I seriously doubt it.

good news bad news this last game.

good news I hit an out of nowhere homer with my leadoff batter.

bad news I won 1-0 and have given up 6 hits in the last 4 games (including the no-no)

I'm starting to run out of ideas but I have a couple left that I'll give a try.

hoop, try the datafile with my pro sliders that I posted. or try starting with the batting sliders for both user and cpu at 0. Remember I edited the contact quality in this datafile so you have to understand that I have sort of handicapped the cpu and user already.

I am very pleased, the ball pops more from the bat, even I still dominate with my pitching, but for me is not a problem, it is a pleasure :D. I have the feeling that this shows more who are the better players and the crap, and that's the way supose to be, if not why pay 25 mill. to A-Rod for making him have the same HRs at the end of the season than D. Pedroia, let's say (not that Pedroia is crap at all, but if he hits 15 HRs should be very happy) same for pitchers, great pitchers have great control, bad pitchers is a nightmare to pitch with them, also the PC is low for the best and high for the bad, also very realistic for me.

elduque, glad to hear that this is datafile for you. I just saw a great change in gameplay here. Like you said, you can dominate, have close games or blowouts, this one plays the best. Pro level seems to work perfect for me. I just played my last game and led 2 to 0 and lost 3 to 2 in the last inning. you still have the bloops, liners, choppers, hits down the line. like I said this is my final and last datafile for awhile and its time to play.

I'll have to say i'm impressed.. I just played a pro level under kumla's updated datafile with hoop/kumala's edited sliders for pro level. I just had a pretty good game, I won a comeback. I was down 2-0 in 8th, (playing as the brewers against the mets)

Brought up Mench to pinch hit for Turnbow, hit a very slow roller which Wright could have caught but for some reason he was just running down instead of toward the ball so it got past the infield.

So I had a man on 1st and 2nd, brought up Braun to replace Counsell who went 0-3..hit a double to center/right field which scored both runners.

Then here comes hardy and hit a bloop single which scored Braun.

And here comes Cordero to close the game..i win!

I was pitching with Bush against O. Hernandez, bush went 7 innings and hernandez went 7.1 inning (left after i killed him with the 3 runs) There were only one solo shot by loduca. I normally score by hitting the homeruns so it was a nice change.

I'm gonna give it another test when i get home from work tonight..looking damn good so far, thanks guys! :D

Thanks, pro level to me is the place to go. I enjoyed all star for awhile but it came to the point where the cpu kept coming from behind on me. went back to pro and never looked back. depends on your style of play, so all star can work for you. I noticed with this latest datafile that I have more hits down the line and homers seem to go a reasonable distance, no longer those outrageous bombs. Also I finally balls hit over outfielders but not leave the park.

Oh boy, tried another game, me as the jays against the twins. I couldn't even pitch for strikes, ended up giving up 9 walks. I think I'm gonna tweak my pitchers sliders, other than that, it's been a good game, lost 9-3 though, got a hr, gave up one hr as well, 2 hr in a game, not bad. I'd usually have a game iwth at least 3 or 4 hr (which is how we basically score before this datafile/sliders)

I would really like to hear what you guys are getting in your games with Kumala's datafile and whether you are playing on pro or all-star. Also let me know if something doesn't feel right etc etc.

I'm a bit of a loss right now as to how I should proceed because I dont know if it is because I pitch really well (doubt that :lol: ) or maybe I'm on a great pitching streak etc.

So give me some feedback about your games, who knows I could be missing something obvious :D

how can you pitch well with that tiny little yellow thing on the meter lol. All i'm doing is throwing balls, except for the first game, i did really well so i dunno. It depends I guess. I'm gonna try for easier pitching so i don't have to worry about throwing 10 walks a game with only maybe 3 or 4 strikeouts :lol:

Well I have played 13 games (ALL STAR LEVEL) using the new kumala's datafile and always Hoop's AS sliders with the up for contact/power he suggested a few pages ago, I am very pleased with the User's pitching and hitting level of reality, for me it's the more sim we have get till now ... but ... as well as Hoop I'm a hell of a pitcher :contract: so they can't hit me almost :binkybaby:

I am tempted as usual to rise their (CPU) contact/power, but I am f**** afraid as usual to see the sluggers fest begin again :balloons: and spoil my pleasure of playing the closest it can be this game to the "real thing". :headache:

I can send you guys my scoreboards for those games, so you can judge by yourself, but I have had a look at the league standings (always do that myself, that's my measuring tool) and yes I am "squeezing the Grapefruit" league at 1.20 ERA, but there is the Dogers 1.91 and Braves 1.94 also, and a couple of more teams under 3.00, I am batting 303, Cleveland 317, Red Sox 316, Nationals 310 (lol) and Yankees 304, so nothing disproportioned as it used to be, me batting 225 and the rest well, way more than me :joystick: . Home Runs I have 19, Cleveland 18, Cards 17, Jays and Yanks 14, Nats 13, etc... the only disproportional thing in the league are my stoled bases: 34, the Marlins are in 2nd place with 8 :toothless: but with Reyes, Young, Beltran, Upton, Chavez, Gomez, and why not Wright, it's very comprehensible :biglaff: ... all of this is in 20 games of spring training.

I forgot .... I hit a Monster HR with Delmon Young last game I played : a 463 ft. blast over the center-left wall of "The Big O Fort Lauderdale's Stadium" :D

"Hanging change up, sorry, don't throw that to me again" :biglaff:

well I just threw another 3 hitter. however user offense is about right. (needs an adjustment here and there no biggie) I'm beginning to wonder if this is a 'level thing' more so than sliders/datafile. so the only thing i can think of right now is to take the datafile/sliders as is (with a couple tweaks) and try it on MVP level and see what happens.

also you may want to up outfielder arm strength. I scored a run last game on a sac fly from 2nd base.

Hoop I am playing with your sliders (all stars sliders) on PRO mode, and it's pretty realistic, just needs to UP a bit CPU Power (I have it now on 10+) and yes there is minor things to try to fix in the "running game" but when we are getting into this means that we are really really going into finese right now, so we are in the right path bro IMO

don't kill yourself over this one guys, if it does not work for you try another datafile. I tried ksm, and his has more offense but I feel a little too much for me. But since you guys are better at pitching this one could be for you.

don't kill yourself over this one guys, if it does not work for you try another datafile. I tried ksm, and his has more offense but I feel a little too much for me. But since you guys are better at pitching this one could be for you.

I'm having a variety of games with your PRO sliders and the latest datafile. One game might be a pitchers duel, then the other where both teams break out the lumber. Really enjoyable for me. My next dynasty update against the Marlins will be with the datafile and your PRO sliders. Having a heck of a series with them.

Oh ya, I hear ya. I pitch really well with your datafile but when it comes to KSM's, i'd pitch the same way i would but they hit everything so I actually like your datafile, keeps it a bit lower..might not be that realistic but score of 4-2 etc etc will do for me, just hope i get some blow outs. Lots of low hitting games too.

Archived