Hoop27's MVP 07 Allstar Sliders V1.1

Hoop27

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, was out, car broke,wife's on holydays, brother's coming to visit me, but, hey Kumala, i AM HERE :D so send me the "beta", I will give feedback from the "final" datafile, I started a new season and use it, so I have like an 18 games feedback on it, just to say I AGAIN dominating them with my pitching, but I guess it's some talent I had, dam, shoul have know this when I was 15 ! LOL

seeing more hit variety, and cpu offense seems to be more than before. Played a recent game and gave up 5 runs in the first and ended up winning 8-7. Next game, lost 3-2 in the 9th. so there are combination of low and high scoring games.

You must be one damn good pitcher to have those kind of scores. Try raising the cpu contact and power more. Usually pro is low scoring but with the latest changes games have been more than low scoring. But it varies game to game.

I have CPU contact at +10 and Power at +15 user pitch control is -50. I'm hopefully going to get a chance to play a couple on the weekend here and see if it was a fluke.

played another won I lost 3-1 in 23 innings. (about 19 scoreless innings in a row :lol:)

only CPU rund came off of mistake pitches that ended up going a long way the wrong way.

However there were a lot of fly balls and line drives off of the low pitches. I'm guessing if we can slow down the D's reaction time from contact it could generate a few more hits. (hits were 9-8 for the cpu)

I have been following this topic for quite sometime and am really enjoying your posts. I would like to know if you guys (Hoop27 & Kumula) are using the analog stick when you swing? What level are you guys playing on allstar or pro? I know this is a topic on Hoop27's Allstar slider's but I've gotten confused about which sliders are being used and what level you guys are playing on. I am using Kumula's Pro sliders. I am also using Kumula's current data file not the one you guys are using but the one found in MVP's down load section. The reason I am asking all of these questions is that hitting has become quite a challange which is o.k. I just want to know the method you guys are using to hit the ball. :joystick:

I use the analog stick. I try and go with pitches if that makes sense to you. however on 2-0 and 3-1 etc I look for a pitch in a spot and if its there the stick is up and hope I time it right.

Right now I'm figuring out a slider set on all-star however I'm tinkering with pro as well. whichever one gives the best results at the end of the day :D

I'll try your defense speed adjustments and see how that works Kumala.

I adjusted the defense speed and saw a couple hits through holes! :D still a little dominant pitching but I gave up a 3 run homer when I made a slight error with a slider (just missed didnt give up the missed pitch icon or anything crazy like that) so it is promising. If these results hold up I'll release some sliders after a couple more games.

I use the left stick to swing at their pitched location. I play on pro and have found the perfect set for myself. For allstar I use hoops with my adjustments. Several people in this thread are beta testing updates of my datafile to find the right combination of cpu and user offense.

Thanks for your guys response. I am probably not very skilled with the analog stick, I just never used it much. I didn't mean to side track the post I was just curious about how hitting was done using Kumula's sliders and datafile. I like the challange these two things give me in Pro level of MVP. Good luck in your tuning process. I really suck on Allstar level. :popcorn:

Kumala a quick question. when you are playing what aids do you have on?

right now I just have the aim thing (for pitching) on and strike zones on. I'm giving some thought to taking the K zone off though that should make batting more of a nightmare.

The other thought I had is I wonder if there is anyway to make the pitch cursor (i think thats what they are calling it) less stable in the aiming process? I dont like taking it off because good pitches who throw good pitches hit their spots, but a way to make it more difficult to hit that spot aiming could help.

Just played another one which was a 8-0 win (2 hitter) However I noticed something. I was using my knuckleballer and every time I missed the green but stayed in the accuracy zone the pitch went pretty much where I aimed it. it off course flew every where when i mixed in a fastball or a curve.

I'm wondering if there is something in the datafile which would affect the accuracy of a knuckleball? After doing some more research in 23 starts he's thrown 1 walk :lol: so I think there is an issue with the knuckleball in the game. perhaps it can be addressed in the datafile.

maestro, how are games coming along? The latest beta has been great for me. Games are intense and I see way more hit variety now. I even saw a ground ball down the line and pass the 1b for a double.

maestro, how are games coming along? The latest beta has been great for me. Games are intense and I see way more hit variety now. I even saw a ground ball down the line and pass the 1b for a double.

I use the latest datafile that you sent me in my series with Milwaukee in my dynasty. In the 3-game series, I had a hitfest in Game 1, then pitcher's duels in Games 2 & 3. Seeing a great variety of hits, ball going over infielders heads, shots down the line for extra bases, etc... good stuff

Also, nothing is a sure homerun. I have flat out crushed some balls with guys like Soriano, Lee, and Ramirez only too see them fall just short of going out. Some up against the wall and the fielder couldn't get it, and others right at the track where the fielder has room to snag it. Thinking about upping the power a few notches (not much though). What do you think?

If you want to see the boxscores for the games, just click the link in my sig. All your and Hoop's hard work are making this game fun/challenging to me again. Mad props to you two. :wtg:

so kumala any plans for a new "definitive" datafile and settings?

or do you plan on making the beta available to anyone?

í´ve played the original datafile, and i´m not a great pitcher but still got a 2-0 win w 3 hits allowed (w the A´s and Haren)

I'll have sliders and settings for the beta tomorrow ideally. There is a fair bit of change from my old slider sets but it seems to be working. (still a little dominant pitching but I'm making some adjustments in settings too.)

Archived