Hoop27's MVP 07 Allstar Sliders V1.1

Hoop27

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

try to be selective with your pitches. Location of the l stick helps too. If a pitch is inside and high, push to the left and up. I have hit homers without the left stick and hit homers on balls pitch low and outside. So its a matter of timing. This datafile is set for more challenging type of gameplay. I am more of sim guy, so I don't like balls flying all over the place. If you want adjust the datafile more.

my file

batterai values 15-18 are .850 , 1.050, .850, .1050 up these by .950, 1.075, .950, 1.075 and raise 30 and 31 up so more till you get the offense you want. but your hit variety might get affected as well. These are the key components on how balls come off the bat.

I found that with this datafile, you really need to have the bat aimed low for low pitches and high for high. There is little margin for error. I usually make educated guesses on where the cpu will throw it based on previous pitches and knowledge of my batters hot and cold zones. For example, the cpu likes to open up with an inside pitch low to Jeter. So before the pitch is thrown I have the left stick set in a low inside zone. If the pitch is not there I don't swing. If I am down two strikes in the count, say 1-2, I don't preset the stick and leave it in the middle. If the pitch is not in the mid zone, I can usually get a foul ball and then maybe guess on the next pitch based on where the cpu has just thrown the fouled pitch. I need practice on not presetting and just aiming for the ball as the pitch is thrown. This is something I really never had done because I set the pitch speed at +50. With a lower settting at - 5 per Hoop, I have time now to aim.

Kumula: With your speed at + 50 are you quick enough to aim for a fastball or sinker?

I think there still could be some more offense.. or maybe I need a new approach to hitting...how do u guys approach hitting in terms of taking and where u point the joystick n stuff

Most of the time I am just reacting, and aiming the joystick to where the ball is thrown. the only time I dont is with a 2-0, 3-0, or 3-1 count, when those come up I am aiming up and to pull, and if I get a pitch down the pipe/inner half I take a rip at it. (and usually swing a hair too early and pop it up to third :lol: )

I've actually wondered about this for awhile. Whenever I use the left analog stick while I'm hitting, I just push it up/right/left/down all the way. But what if I move it a little bit? Is there a difference? For example, if I push the left analog stick only half-way up and left, will it not go as far if I push it up ane left all the way?

I still have it at +15 for contact and 5 for power. seen more offense with that setting. like I said, values 30 and 31 affect distance of homers. I changed value 31 to 1.250 and podsednik hit a 400 ft homer to right.

okay, did more testing with the datafile and I think I found the happy medium. Played about ten games and happy with the results. offense seems more a factor but not a slugfest. I used this with my pro sliders. What i did was raise the power speed value and lowered the contact quality, and now it plays good. if you want this send my a reply with email and I will get it out to you.

Okay I am IN Kumala, I just started spring training of my second season, got a new 2B (B.J. Upton) and a new RF (D. Young) so I got more speed, contact and power in my lineup, let's see if it shows with your new datafile changes, even I am very happy with the one before w/ the 30 and 31 edited and Hoop's Allstar Sliders. Send it to me by email (if you don't have it at hand I can send you and email back so you replay w/the datafile)

That's what spring training is for, to test, no? :D

im having trouble with CPU not scoring any runs and pitching being WAY too easy. I can pretty much guarantee I wont score more than 5 and the cpu wont score more than 1.

quick fix off the top of my head would be to increase the cpu power and maybe contact (try 5 points each at first) also you can decrease the pitch meter slider, and lower the human pitch accuracy. (again 5 point steps is how i try and do it.)

You know Kumala it just crossed my mind but I havent seen a low power guy hit a home run at all (nor even be close) Granted it shouldnt happen often but there has to be a way that the 10 homerun guys will still have their dingers.

(again I play on allstar with my sliders :contract: )

I think the pitchers may be too dominant (maybe looking at this from the wrong side) I'm finding good pitches are dominant and great pitchers are damn near unhitable. however average pitchers you can get a few runs off.

On a side note with that I just threw my first no hitter :lol:

have you guys tried the latest datafile I sent? Cause I played an inning of it and gave up 3 runs already.. either your sliders are handicapping the cpu or your sliders for user pitching is set to high. or you guys could just be great pitchers.

Ok first off that Aeriel Camera (sp?) camera is god awful :lol: However the datafile has a better feel to it. I still feel that both sides were underpowered but not nearly as much. so I adjusted the sliders accordingly.

Version 2.0 is for Kumala's updated datafile let me know how it plays for you.

Archived