Home Grown Talent-A Tampa Bay Devil Rays CAP Dynasty!

rambo

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neal! You pitched too good! I didn't get a chance for a save.

LOL....that's what I was wondering....cus I either had thrown very few pitches....or he took a huge risk, cus I have no idea what my stamina is....

Next time I'll give way to the fireman ;)

LOL....that's what I was wondering....cus I either had thrown very few pitches....or he took a huge risk, cus I have no idea what my stamina is....

Next time I'll give way to the fireman ;)

You were just getting them to swing on the first pitch. Your stamina at the start 86, you got down to 52% at the last out.

D-Rays outdone: Series level after 7-2 loss

Jason Blizzard was jumped on from the start with Frank Thomas hitting a 3-run homer in the first and the Blue Jays would not look back. Josh Towers pitched well enough to hold the D-Rays to 1 run in 8 innings.

The highlights were few and far between for the Rays, with the only shining light, DH Michael Sandoval breaking out of his slump, hitting a triple and a long ball in a 2-4 performance.

Jason Blizzard recovered after allowing 3 in the first to allow only 5 in 4 and 1/3 innings.

The defense was again on for the D-Rays with Hector HFLR the standout, robbing an extra-base hit and making a stunning throw to nail Lyle Overbay at the plate in the 8th.

W: Towers (1-0) L: Blizzard (0-1)

D-RAYS NOTABLE PERFORMERS:

M Sandoval 2-4, 3B, HR, RBI

J Chaparro 2-4

Boxscore: http://dynasties.mvpmods.com/boxscores/users/rambo/TB5.htm

mvp20052007071108410811xu0.png

Michael Sandoval stands at third after his leadoff triple.

Rios should become a more household name after last night in the Derby. I think now that everyone is more acquainted with the youngster, he can really get some pull on the trade/FA market. IF I were the Blue Jays, I owuld try to lock him up for many many years (if they already haven't).

Game 6: Preview- Blue Jays (2-3) @ D-Rays (1-4)

Adam Pridham (0-1, 6.75) looks to right the ship in the rubber match of this 3 game set at the Trop. He will face Roy 'Doc' Halladay (0-0, 3.86) who took a no-decision first time up.

Pridham pitched well last start but took the loss, giving up 4 runs on 8 hits over 5 innings at Yankee Stadium.

Back-up catcher Tim Huss makes his first appearance in the starting lineup.

D-Rays Player to Watch:

3B- Mickey Stedfunk- Has been struggling early and will look to heat up heading into the roadtrip.

No Moore!-D-Rays reliever costs Rays game!

Tied 2-2 with a runner on and one out in the 8th inning, the D-Rays turned to Scott Moore to shut the inning down and keep the game tied at 2. Unfortunately he surrendered a 2-run homer to Troy Glaus and then another to Alex Rios on the next pitch as the D-Rays lost the game 5-2.

Moore has faced 4 batters this year, surrendering 4 homeruns.

The D-Rays mustered only 5 hits in the ballgame and both runs came on solo shots by Dave Pudge in the 2nd and Matthew Polites in the 3rd.

Halladay stifled the Rays giving up just 2 runs on 2 hits, striking out 3 in 7 innings.

The Rays had a chance in the 9th with Michael Sandoval and Dave Pudge hitting back-to-back 1 out singles to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Pinch hitter Chris Kelvarr came to the plate with a chance to tie the game, he grounded into a force out but the ball got away trying to turn two and the Rays still had runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 out. HFLR grounded out to end the threat and the game.

W:Halladay (1-0) L:Pridham (0-2) S: Ryan (2)

Notable D-Rays Performances-

Pudge 2-4 HR, RBI

Polites 1-2 HR, RBI

Boxscore:

http://dynasties.mvpmods.com/boxscores/users/rambo/TB6.htm

mvp20052007071114190319yg9.png

Polites rounds first after his first homer of the year.

Archived