Home Grown Talent-A Tampa Bay Devil Rays CAP Dynasty!

rambo

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 4 Preview: Blue Jays @ Devil Rays

The D-Rays return home fresh off being swept in the opening series at Yankee Stadium. Toronto swings into town for a 3-game set at Tropicana Field.

The privelege of taking the hill in the home opener goes to Zac Neal, a righthander with a 4 seamer, 2 seamer, slider, knuckle curve and a circle change. He will look for his first victory against Toronto right hander Tomo Ohka. First pitch coming soon.

D-Rays Player to Watch:

Michael Sandoval-Had a quiet first series but looking to rebound here.

Okay, first of all I will warn you that this might be a long post!

I played a game in the dynasty with this team, and it was by far the wierdest game I have ever played in MVP Baseball! Things were going along like normal, me not hitting Chien-Ming Wang, and not being able to pitch very well with a fly-ball pitcher (A.Pridham). I noticed that the umps were not that good, L.Zeta was called out at first when he was safe, and a horrible strike zone. All of this isn't that out of the ordinary, but then they blew a very big call by calling Robinson Cano safe at home in the bottom of the sixth (See pic below).

4v7vznb.jpg

The Blown Call At Home

I was a still a bit ticked off about that play when the real wierdness started happening. I had brought B.Lago in to finish the sixth and had thrown all sinkers to end the inning. To start off the seventh I throw a fastball to see how fast it was, and then a curve to check it out too, that's what was wierd. The curve floated high above the pitcher and batter and sank to the ground bouncing halfway in between the mound and the plate. The pitch is called a strike and the ball is in play as if it were a wild pitch! So I try the pitch again, this time the ball disappears right after leaving Lago's hand and appears right in front of the plate cruising across the strike zone at 56mph and the batter, baffled, swings late for a strike. Both results happen when I stop the pitching right before the red or continue through the red. So, I fiddle around and just tap the pitch and it is a slow meatball which J.Damon hammers over the centerfield wall! This next part is the wierdest of all! I try releasing the pitch halfway through the meter. Once again, it floats, bounces (a little closer to home this time), but D.Jeter hits the ball off the bounce and over the fence for a homer! I was like "what the world? This isn't cricket!!!" So anyhow that is my recap of my interesting game, I just wish I had FRAPS going to take video of it!

Rambo - You might want to recreate Brendan Lago and see if that solves his glitch problem

Thanks for enduring this long post!

Neal masterful as D-Rays shutout Toronto.

The Tampa Bay Devil Rays have won for the first time in 2007 with a 3-0 victory over Toronto at the dome tonight.

Both starters were magnificent trading zeroes until the 6th when Zeta walked and Chaparro singled to move the runner to 3rd. Chris Kelvarr hit what should have been an inning-ending double play ball to 2nd, but the ball was thrown away, and the bases were loaded for Sandoval. He waited for the pitch and got it deep enough into the outfield to score Zeta and give the D-Rays a 1-0 lead.

There were no threats until one out in the 8th when Mickey Stedfunk reached on a Glaus fielding error and the 2 batters later, Chris Kelvarr put one just out of reach of Alex Rios to give the Rays some breathing room.

Zac Neal was outstanding, going the distance for the shutout win.

Notes: Hector HFLR and Dave Pudge both notched their first hits of the season today.

W: Neal (1-0) L: Ohka (0-1)

NOTABLE D-RAYS PERFORMERS:

Neal: 9IP, 5H, 0R, 0BB, 0K

Chaparro: 2-4

Kelvarr: 2-4, 2B, HR, 2 RBIs.

mvp20052007071107480549ke6.png

Lambda Zeta touches home after Sandoval's Sac Fly in the 6th

mvp20052007071107205607tm5.png

Matthew Polites robs Alex Rios of an extra-base hit which would have scored 2.

mvp20052007071107515938lo7.png

Chris Kelvarr touches home after his 2-run bomb as a dejected Gregg Zaun looks on.

Game 5 Preview: Blue Jays (1-3) @ D-Rays (1-3)

Jason Blizzard goes to the hill for the D-Rays tonight as they look to continue their winning ways against Toronto this evening.

Josh Towers starts for the Blue Jays.

First pitch shortly.

D-Rays Player to watch-

C. Kelvarr 2-4 with a HR last night, has 2 HR's already this year, looks to continue his hot form.

Archived