Home Grown Talent-A Tampa Bay Devil Rays CAP Dynasty!

rambo

haha lets hang him at our next home game 2 show all not 2 repeat wat has happnd lately haha

I don't give up any homers in real life, and in my dynasty I have the exact same player and I pitch really well. I get the feeling that my pitching style is harder to pitch with unless you really know how to access the full potential of my arsenal.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's a bum! ;)

Haha, I'm just kidding....

Whats in your arsenal, TwentySeven

Low 90s fastball, nasty low 80s change, decent sinking 2-seamer, upper-80s slider with little movement. The key to success is to spot the two fastballs with an occasional slider mixed in and then to throw the change to throw a hitter off occasionally. This is the kind of arsenal that only works for a reliever.

Oh so close, 9th inning rally falls short in finale

Both pitchers were locked in from the start with 2 solo homers to Texas being the deciding factor in a thrilling pitcher's duel in Texas.

Robinson Tejeda, the starter for Texas carried a no-hitter into the top of the 8th when Chris Kelvarr singled to center to end the hope.

Michael Young hit a solo homer for Texas in the third and the lead was doubled in the bottom of the 8th with Mark Teixiera hitting one out to make it 2-0.

In the 9th, HFLR drew a lead off walk against Tejeda, then pinch-hitter Dave Pudge flied out to right, Lambda Zeta flied out to center and Matthew Polites drew a two out walk with to put runners at first and second. With the heart of the order coming, the Rangers went to Gagne, he shutdown the threat, getting Mickey Stedfunk to pop-out to first to end the game.

W: Tejeda (1-1) L: Neal (1-1) S: Gagne (1)

NOTABLE D-RAYS PERFORMANCES:

C Kelvarr 1-3

M Polites 0-2, 2 BB

Z Neal 7+ IP, 2 R, 11 H, 0 BB , 4K

Boxscore:

http://dynasties.mvpmods.com/boxscores/users/rambo/TB9.htm

Maybe sliders could make the games a bit more consistant? But, that's what's wierd, it isn't like your getting blown out by every team, or your killing them!

The results seem like normal, and I might have the occasional big loss which is what should be happening. I'll probably re-evaluate the position at the end of the first month and if anything big needs to be changed then I can, I guess.

Series Wrap- Tampa Bay @ Texas

Game 1- TB 4-TEX 3

W: DeCoste (1-0) L: Gagne (0-1) S: Philsphan (1)

Game 2-TB 6- TEX 2

W: Drogalis (1-1) L: McCarthy (0-2)

Game 3-TEX 2- TB 0

W: Tejeda (1-1) L: Neal (1-1) S: Gagne (1)

HERO OF THE SERIES

C Kelvarr- 5-10 (.500) GW Homer in Game 1, broke up no-hitter in Game 3.

ZERO OF THE SERIES

Andrew Redsfan- 0-9

Series Preview Rays (3-6) @ Minnesota (7-2)

Matchups:

Game 1: J Blizzard (0-1, 10.39) vs C Silva (1st appearance of 2007)

Game 2: A Pridham (0-2, 4.97) vs J Santana(2-0, 3.65)

Game 3: L Williams (0-1, 4.05) vs R Ortiz(0-0, 3.68)

Game 4: M Drogalis (1-1, 2.70) vs B Bonser (2-0, 1.84)

The Rays start the 2nd leg road trip in Minnesota, for the battle between the MLB's only domed teams. The Rays are coming off the series win in Texas and will be looking to take at least 3 wins home with them.

PLAYER TO WATCH:

C Kelvarr- .312 avg with 3 HRs and 5 RBI already this season. Has proved to be good in the clutch.

Archived