Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Kccitystar

Is your MVP Baseball 2005 game crashing?

Alright, here's a crashing question for ya:

So I'm getting crashes with Julio Lugo and Willy Taveras. Games crash before they come to bat and the game crashes when I try to edit them in the roster management area. Using my powers of deduction, I'm assuming this is a cyberface issue. However, I've checked and re-checked both of these faces and they appear just fine. I even extracted them from the 07 models.big, so I don't understand why they would be malfunctioning. Also, if other people were having problems with Lugo, you know there'd be a thousand threads from Boston fans complaining about this, so I'm guessing this is a problem on my end.

So this has stumped me... anybody here care to take a shot?

EDIT -- so I've just been going through and seeing who else is crashing my game and there are a few other names -- Coco Crisp and Yorit Torrealba. I'm sure there are more, but I'm done investigating because it's a lot of work to keep starting the game up every time.

I tried changing Lugo's face back to a default face and it solved his crashing issue, so I'm guessing this is 100% a cyberface issue. Again, however, my faces all appear to be fine and a lot come straight from the 07 models.big. My rosters are perfect and I installed the faces using both TiT and Installer Thingy -- good luck solving this one.

Have you made sure that all those faces have the necessary attachments (metal bin and name) included? Sometimes that's a reason for random crashing.

My owner mode stadium crashes when I try to play a game in owner mode.

Is there any reason for this? I've tried just about everything, and it still crashes.

when you see these, take note of who they are. it could be a roster issue or the face itself. let us know when you see them so we can take a closer look.

Russell Martin catcher for the Dodgers is one.

Ok, the owner mode stadium doesn't crash with any specific team or uniform in exbition games, but when I try it in Owner mode, it crashes. Do you think this has something to do with the schedule?

The owner mode crashing is due to a no-cd crack, if you wanna play owner mode, pop in your CD, assuming you have it ;]

yeah your not gonna get much help after that NYM

i thought you would know we dont talk about NO-CD cracks and all that jazz

I have some problem when I try to play at Fenway park. Somebody know something about it? How canI fix that? It never start just crash...

Thanks!!!

ok i downloaded the new kb4.3 and ur 8.7 and both crash to desktop also im a bit gready i like all players to be real but when i export from one to another it still crashes? is it because you can't mix ur and kb rosters??????????????

Looks like more people have the crashing problem. Mine crashes too when I try to play the rangers home or away. I think my problem is with the TheSpungo total uniform update.

I have official patch #5

MVP 07 total conversion

rosters from KG

Latest total portrait update

When I have these mods installed the game works fine but as soon as I try to install TheSpungo's total uniform update it starts crashing when I play the Rangers.

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help. I messed up an add on about a week ago so I had to reinstall and start from scratch...

So i got everything up to date(MVP07, Rosters, Unis, Portraits, Models.big and total audio) and I can play at Comerica as the Tigers just fine, but during the screen where you choose stadiums it crashes at the Metrodome(and a few other stadiums depending on which direction i scroll from Comerica). So I downloaded Metrodome 07 and still it crashes. But when I do a quick play as the Twins and I don't have to pick the metrodome it works fine. I was wondering if anyone knew what was up with that?

Thanks

Sorry guys I figured it out, i just imported the Stadiums.big from the CD, it appears to be fine now.

i downloaded and installed the MVP 07 reboot

and every time i start the game it loads past the ken griffey intro and a screen with a white sox player on it and right then it crashes back to desktop, ive uninstalled and reinstalled over and over again but i dont know why this happens, any help?

Well I guess I'm another one with carshing problems. I honestly feel it from the mods/patching because it MVP2005 never did out of the box.

The latest time was yesterday when I downloaded the Shibe Park sadium.

As soon as I clicked to use it the game crashed to desktop. I reloaded and started scrolling picking different stadiums. Some crashed while others did not.

I too have had a few black boxs and unfinished faces or BLUE gloves turning normal. Stuff like that. But it plays fine.

I would like to know if this sounds the same to others and what patch/mods were used without problems.

Major thanks to all the mod designers out there who devote the time and brilliance to work this game. They have taken our $39.95 purchase and extended it to be one of the best buys ever. There no complaint from me just a question to help me fix the crashing.

Thanks