Project Zmod Stadiums 08

rolie

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey rolie, you're in luck: I have Sox tickets for July 29th. I don't know how much I'll be able to get outside the park since I'll be running in from work, but if you want to either post or PM what you are generally looking for, I'll canvas the area. My digital isn't the best, but I'll do my best to make it non-shaky.

hey rolie, thatnks alot for doing fenway. just to let you know i have sox tickets for august 3rd and august 9. i have a nikon d40x and can take pictures of whatever you may still need. just let me know. thanks again for doing fenway

Hey rolie, you're in luck: I have Sox tickets for July 29th. I don't know how much I'll be able to get outside the park since I'll be running in from work, but if you want to either post or PM what you are generally looking for, I'll canvas the area. My digital isn't the best, but I'll do my best to make it non-shaky.

Well as long as it's not a camera phone lol. If it after work no worries if you are tired. For side ads I just need something legible. If it's out your way during the game then no big deal. It think the red sox painting is around section 25 but still dunno exact area. I need pic of the areas around it also. Anything in that mid section that goes around the park would be useful.

PicGuide2.jpg

hey rolie, thatnks alot for doing fenway. just to let you know i have sox tickets for august 3rd and august 9. i have a nikon d40x and can take pictures of whatever you may still need. just let me know. thanks again for doing fenway

Dude if you can get a good pic with your nikon of couple ads. Iv'e got to recreate these amtrak ads. I know there is a side rotating ad that need of this also.

PicGuide1.jpg

PicGuide3.jpg

Not a huge priority. I am recreating the background/buildings. If you just happen to up there.

PicGuide4.jpg

OMG that looks fantastic just one suggestion maybe you can keep fanway look "dirty" or "wornout" you know what i mean like dont maake it look too clean and if you need beta tester for it I ll be more than happy to do it.

Yeah I know what you are talking. Some of the seats look so ancient. Beta will probably be awhile I'll let you know

This is looking really nice rolie. I am really impressed.

On a sadder note, I haven't really made any progress on CBP in awhile. I got stuck at a point where I couldn't get it to fully work in-game so I took a hiatus and I have been quite busy recently. Hopefully I can get back to it as soon as possible because I would love to finish it.

No offense to Big O as I have very much enjoyed his Fenway Park updates, but based on these screenshots, yours seems to be truly astonishing - and it's not even close to completion yet. :smile:

The one thing that really drew me to your Dodger Stadium was the detail that you put into it; and the same goes for Fenway now. Again, thank you very much for modding this.

This is looking really nice rolie. I am really impressed.

On a sadder note, I haven't really made any progress on CBP in awhile. I got stuck at a point where I couldn't get it to fully work in-game so I took a hiatus and I have been quite busy recently. Hopefully I can get back to it as soon as possible because I would love to finish it.

Thanks man. Your CBP looked fantastic last I saw it. It was really inspiring to see some of things you were doing. I hope you do get it finished I was looking forward to it. If you want you can PM here the big file to see If maybe I can figure something out. Least I could do after you helped me fix my DS crashing.

PicGuide2.jpg

A few little things: the Monster wall in foul ground is a bit oddly shaped because EA goofed and made the seating bowl raked too high.

gs14.jpg

It's a little higher than shown, but it'd require some major reconstruction to fix.

Remember that they extended the upper deck around to the LF line, getting rid of the '99 luxury boxes. so you should be able to clone that, though it may require 3d crowds I guess.

I'll do a photo tour of the concourses and what it looks like above the seating bowl. Every game screws it up horribly, and I want it right.

No offense to Big O as I have very much enjoyed his Fenway Park updates, but based on these screenshots, yours seems to be truly astonishing - and it's not even close to completion yet. :smile:

I wouldn't be doing this if The Big O didn't do his version. The Big O did a fabulous job on it. My mod is completely based on his work. I know most of the painstaking meticulous work he did in Oedit. There is a lot of Vertex/UV map work he did that just blows my mind. I think he was the first to animate that citgo sign. The way I look at it, He did all this remodeling the hard way in Oedit. I hope don't people get offended because I'm touching his work. I look at my version as an updated Zmod version. The thing that are now possible are almost limitless.

Yeah I know what you are talking. Some of the seats look so ancient. Beta will probably be awhile I'll let you know

Alright man and if you need any other ballparks to test out PM. Its really impresive what you are doing with these "babes"

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/...?content=venues

Really good resource, plus floor plans. The "decks" are above the seating bowl, so ignore the third base concourse.

Yes very good resource! I can't believe I just completely overlooked the official website. It's in PDF format I can import those vector directly into Illustrator/zmod.

few little things: the Monster wall in foul ground is a bit oddly shaped because EA goofed and made the seating bowl raked too high.

Ok I see it. Bowl defintely needs to be lowered. Correctly me I'm wrong but the upper deck/suite area looks way off just looking at the pics. Unless it's it's a weird angle it looks like it needs to be lowered quite a bit.

FenwayLeftCorner1.jpg

FenwayLeftCorner2.jpg

I wouldn't be doing this if The Big O didn't do his version. The Big O did a fabulous job on it. My mod is completely based on his work. I know most of the painstaking meticulous work he did in Oedit. There is a lot of Vertex/UV map work he did that just blows my mind. I think he was the first to animate that citgo sign. The way I look at it, He did all this remodeling the hard way in Oedit. I hope don't people get offended because I'm touching his work. I look at my version as an updated Zmod version. The thing that are now possible are almost limitless.

As I've said, you've got free reign with this thing. I hope you are able to keep the animated Citgo sign and maybe even clean it up a little as I never really was satisfied with that. Looks great so far, just like when I inherited the project from Ezorn, you've turned it up a notch again.

A lot of the difference in height is the support truss underneath the deck. the bottom of the seating area of the luxury box is about 8' from the top of the deck.

fenway1.jpg

Neat cross section, plus the column/post schedule.

Someone posted a sheet from the original set of blueprints he had from fenway, which had the supports in full. Trying to find it now, but otherwise I'll take a detailed photo so you can see it.

Shows how much I know. I just assumed that you were going about Fenway similarly to what you did with Dodger Stadium - creating it from scratch. My apologies.

And I was in no way putting down Big O's mod.

I found this similar from bizofbaseball. I think I could nail perfect height but the elevations are messing me up.

EL. 43'-6 1/4" for the grandstand

EL. 58'-0" for club level

Maybe Elevation above sea level is ~ 20'???

Since the monster is 37.17 '

edit- ok nevermind the blueprint say elevation of field is 13 feet, I thought it was twenty I guess blueprints are off or other sources off.

It's really tough to figure out exactly what Fenway is doing versus street level.

Fenway_Park.jpg

The top of the seating bowl is roughly at the bottom of the windows, which is obviously not 43' off of street level. When you enter by Gate A behind the plate, you head down a good 20'. The below deck concourse behind the plate, all the way around RF, to where the bleachers meet the Monster are more or less at the very bottom of the seating bowl. So, in those places you need to walk up a ramp to reach the concourse portals.

From behind the plate to LF, the concourse is only about 15' under the top of the seating bowl, and is even with the street. I'll take photos so it will be clearer.

I don't know if any of this will help how you visualize the park, but it's good to know.

Don't forget to subtract the elevation of 13' feet,

The grandstand height ~30' 6 1/4" , which makes sense I think with the LF wall at ~37'

From behind the plate to LF, the concourse is only about 15' under the top of the seating bowl, and is even with the street. I'll take photos so it will be clearer.

You lost me here. What exactly do you mean when you say "concourse"?

Archived