Project Zmod Stadiums 08

rolie

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, those are the new suites at the top of the State Street Pavilion. It's wide open on the front, so you can peer right in. And yes, security is much more lax during Futures@; we watched the last 3 innings of the '07 doubleheader from the Monster.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated the pressbox, banners looks a bit big though. I think I can texture bake the textures to give it the same lighting, it won't be dynamic but it should be as good as possible. I'm finally getting to grips with 3dsmax so updates should be more often.

fenway_pressbox.jpg

Rolie, what does 3dmax allow you to do that zmod doesn't? Does it just give you more options with creating objects?

Well you could technically model everything in zmod. Certain things would just take forever. Like the text for the "Fenway Park" sign was just typing in text with a font. I used a spline to make the curves in the banners. Also the slice tools are easy to make cuts into things like the window panes. I'm still learning a lot everyday.

Zmod was made mostly to modify cars on a small scale. 3dsmax just has more of the bells and whistles that make my life a ton easier. There are a lot of similarities in the programs. I could tell Oleg, the creator of zmod, based a lot of zmod tools from 3ds max. I can also tell that EA made MVP using 3dsmax.

Anyways, you won't go wrong just learning zmod. I applied everything I learned over. I just needed something to make curves and 3dsmax does that and beyond.

I dunno. If you feel limited in Zmod then go for it. I know Sean uses Vectorworks and I think Marlinsmy uses Carrera pro. Also Blender imports/exports also in that 3ds format. If you do, you may check those others as well.

Also 3dsmax needs a lot of juice. I have a quad core and only 2 gb of ram and I am chugging along at times.

• 3 weeks later...

hey rolie, I don't want to bug, but do you have any more previews? I like to see your progress. Keep up the good work.

Rolie is too busy being conscripted into work by everyone else. But I share your enthusiasm; Having a 3dsmax-built Fenway is a dream.

yeah, it is going to be great, I've always wanted to play a season with the Red Sox and Fenway. I hope I didn't come off as telling him to "hurry up" or asking him "when's it going to be out?" I didn't want to be one of those guys. I've used this website and figured out some stuff. I like to do my own rosters edits and portraits, but zmod was too confusing for me, I just wasn't that great at it. I don't care when it comes out, i just like seeing his progress when he posts it, that's all.

I haven't really worked on much of anything lately. I get into these lulls and my slacker nature takes over. I did finish the seating bowls save for the monster seats. As you you can see it still needs a ton more work. Should be grand whenever I finish, that's for certain.

fenwaypreview.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

looking at the nlcs citizens bank park I really can't wait for this mod to come out. If it's half as good as dodger stadium is I'll be wicked happy

also do you have the new stop and shop logo on the garage door?, i made one in photoshop if you don't have it

• 3 weeks later...

3d grass ala Tiger Woods! Sean got away with a high polygon count in his classic Yankee Stadium by spreading the bigger chunks into different parts. So that gave me the idea to do the same with the grass. The polygon count has totally skyrocketed. The vertex count is about for 10k for an average stadium but the grass here alone is over 100k. BTW haven't forgotten about Fenway, getting more "insider" help on some of it.

3dgrass.jpg

Archived