Dylan's Mvp Baseball 2005 Batter Rating Calculator - Support Topic

DylanBradbury

Thanks for the praise.

Having Excel 2007 shouldn't matter, and you're good to enable Macros.

I didn't have any errors. You've got to make sure that the player's name in the roster table and the stat table on each page, match.

Here are the ratings generated for the Cardinals (MLB, AAA, AA, A).

Enjoy!

St.LouisCardinals.rar

Thanks I will try that again. I tried to open your file and it had Arizona players in it. Thanks for your help. I will let you know how I did.

Luke

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks I will try that again. I tried to open your file and it had Arizona players in it. Thanks for your help. I will let you know how I did.

Luke

Ok I tried that a couple of times and came up with the zeros window again. I am not sure what is really going on. I know for one thing when I try to copy and paste it does not let me paste special and do text. It tries to input everything in the same cell. I just have to paste it. Could that be messing it up?

Luke

OK - I just looked at the Baseball Reference Site and when I look at my pitchers batting it has at least 12 pitchers that has batting averages of 000. 6 of those pitchers that have blank spots in the BA, OBP, SLG, OPS, and the OPS+ sections. I might try and change those.

Luke

Ooops! Sorry about that. Here is what I should have attached: St.LouisCardinals.rar

Ok I tried that a couple of times and came up with the zeros window again. I am not sure what is really going on. I know for one thing when I try to copy and paste it does not let me paste special and do text. It tries to input everything in the same cell. I just have to paste it. Could that be messing it up?

Luke

OK - I just looked at the Baseball Reference Site and when I look at my pitchers batting it has at least 12 pitchers that has batting averages of 000. 6 of those pitchers that have blank spots in the BA, OBP, SLG, OPS, and the OPS+ sections. I might try and change those.

This would be your problem. Copy the stats from the website, right-click on a cell, and you should be presented with these options: (Click Text)

pastespecial.png

Can't help you much more than that. Good luck.

As well, it automatically deals with 0s and blanks. You shouldn't need to do this.

Hello Dylan, im trying to genarete ratings from inputBatting.csv, but system wrote this error message, do you have some idea, where can be problem ?

Thanks for answer

Hey Ar_Key. There's something wrong with your player name column. What is wrong I don't know, but if you can PM me the inputBatting.csv, I'll have a look at it and see what's wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dylan, great program, but I'm having an issue and I think it's a user error! When trying to input the inputBatting.csv into the calculator, I'm getting this error

CvstoDataTable: The 'MicrosoftJet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Does this mean I failed to do something?

Much appreciated and thanks for the great programs!

Hey Dylan, great program, but I'm having an issue and I think it's a user error! When trying to input the inputBatting.csv into the calculator, I'm getting this error

CvstoDataTable: The 'MicrosoftJet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Does this mean I failed to do something?

Much appreciated and thanks for the great programs!

Hey SeveredSoulX, thanks for the compliment.

Are you using the 64-bit version of Windows 7?

Sadly haha

Well I hate to sound like Dylan Downer but that seals it. I also have the same issue, and I have the 64-bit version of Windows 7. Therefore: my calculator's import/export function is not compatible with the 64-bit version of Windows 7.

Debbie_Downer.jpg

However, if you can have the Windows XP Virtual Machine, you can run it from there.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry if it has caused any problems, but I fixed a bug today with the formula for HR%.

As well, I added a "Name check" in the CSV file to see if a batter's name matches the blue (roster) section.

You can download version 19.2.0.1 here.

Improved the name check for the MLB section for the CSV generator, which is why it's been updated from 19.2 to 19.0.1.

hey dylan quick question, im sorry if you have answered this before

if i dont have one of the stats for the calculator what should i put? when i dont put anything in i get an error, so i dont know if you have something that you use here or if i should just guess. thanks

hey dylan quick question, am im sorry if you have answered this before

if i dont have one of the stats for the calculator what should i put? when i dont put anything in i get an error, so i dont know if you have something that you use here or if i should just guess. thanks

Are you using the spreadsheet feature, or just the original calculator?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You know, I have had my rosters finished for over a year, and all the ratings have been taken care of using an older version of this. Having said that, I have not used, or even tried some of the newer versions. I am sitting here looking at what you have created... Just how far it has come since even last year... Amazing... You really have a great tool here Dylan.

I had no idea that you had added so many things since I first grabbed the original (back around the time this thread was started). I mean, I knew about some of the features (import/export), but you have added a lot more than that.

Good stuff.

You know, I have had my rosters finished for over a year, and all the ratings have been taken care of using an older version of this. Having said that, I have not used, or even tried some of the newer versions. I am sitting here looking at what you have created... Just how far it has come since even last year... Amazing... You really have a great tool here Dylan.

I had no idea that you had added so many things since I first grabbed the original (back around the time this thread was started). I mean, I knew about some of the features (import/export), but you have added a lot more than that.

Good stuff.

Thanks man!

• 1 month later...

This looks like a great tool, Dylan, but do I need WinZip to unpack it?

It's in .7z format so you can open it up with the 7zip program or WinRAR or Winzip. Or, you can write all three of those programs down on a different piece of paper and throw them all in a hat and you can draw the lucky winner and you can unpack it with that program. Make a game out of it.

This looks like a great tool, Dylan, but do I need WinZip to unpack it?

Thanks for the compliment, DMPrata. I hope you find the calculator(s) useful. Also, welcome to the site.

It's in .7z format so you can open it up with the 7zip program or WinRAR or Winzip. Or, you can write all three of those programs down on a different piece of paper and throw them all in a hat and you can draw the lucky winner and you can unpack it with that program. Make a game out of it.

Thanks Y4L for responding. I was out watching a movie. And if you're still reading this DMPrata, Y4L's response is both accurate and fun!

• 2 weeks later...

On the calcultor it ask for AVG. vs RHP and LHP same with SLG, i can't find those on MLB.com or baseball-reference.

Another thing the calculator ratings for Bunt, Disc, Agrr. are ike from 1 to 10 but my MVP ratins are from 1 to 100.

Sorry for bad english.

gJDFF.png

The ratings that are on a 1-15 scale correspond to the following values:

j1MIk.png

Hope this helps.

Archived