Echoes In The Bronx: A 1978 Yankee Dynasty

JoeRudi26

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JR just stunning, absolutely stunning. I actually saw "The Bronx IS Burning". They seemed to hit it on the head pretty well. I'm following this JR, you got me hooked!

Thanks, Dudley. Yeah, they did a pretty good job with the Mini Series. There were so many things going on in those couple of years, especially in New York. They had just won a World Series, they had a serial killer on the loose (Son of Sam), and the relationship between Martin and Steinbrenner made the papers on a daily basis. Even as a kid from Indiana, I still remember seeing all kinds of stuff on TV about the Yankees, and everything that was going on at that time period. Then to top it off, Thurman Munson is killed in August of '79 in his personal airplane.

It was truly a time I'll never forget.

Wow, great idea and breathtaking presentation, JR! I'll be following for sure, but only if it doesn't make me lose interest in my own dynasty. ;)

btw, you misspelled the title ("Ehcoes") in post #3.

Thanks for the headsup, xiberger. You shouldn't lose interest, you have a great dynasty going. BTW, I love the idea of so many different "types" of dynasties, especially dynasties from different time periods. As a matter of fact, I'd love to see someone do a 61 or a 94 dynasty.

You know, when I started thinking of what I wanted to do for this baseball season, the fact hit me that I don't think I've ever seen a Baltimore Oriole's Dynasty. There probably have been some, but I can't seem to remember one going. The Big O keeps that ballpark in top form, and the O's would be a decent challenge, I'm really surprised there's not much interest.

Oh well, keep that dynasty going man, you've got a good thing going and it's done very well. :)

Wow, looks fantastic. Love those trading cards and the black and white newspaper.

Thanks bhurst, I'm enjoying your dynasty as well. I had intentions of posting a Show Dynasty last year, but I just couldn't present it the way I wanted to, screens, info, and so on, so I'm back to enjoying MVP for this season. :)

That's uncanny that the Yankees had a hard time winning in Texas on Joe's dynasty. During the actual 1978 campaign, they were only 2-3 at the Arlington Stadium.

Thanks for the info, Y4L. That's the kind(s) of things that make it interesting to look through as the season goes on. I have already played the series, and it hasn't been pretty. Mike Hargrove and Toby Harrah were rock solid for the Rangers.

Thanks for the info, Y4L. That's the kind(s) of things that make it interesting to look through as the season goes on. I have already played the series, and it hasn't been pretty. Mike Hargrove and Toby Harrah were rock solid for the Rangers.

Yeah they were and I remember that John Matlack (the former Met) was tough against them too. Most of these '78 games I listened to on the radio. I can still remember them to this day.

I just looked it up, (real life) New York lost the first game 2-1, the exact same score of my game.

Their line score:

New York - 1 | 8 | 1

Texas - 2 | 8 | 0

My line score:

New York - 1 | 8 | 1

Texas - 2 | 5 | 1

:blink:

And who says MVP Mods isnt as real as it gets???

And who says MVP Mods isnt as real as it gets???

I know John, I love it. I bought the PS3 and The Show last year, and don't get me wrong, it looks FANTASTIC and plays a pretty good game of baseball, but when it's all said and done, there's just so many tools and utilities out there (along with being able to tweak the game) for MVP that I had to come back and give it one more shot for this season.

I can't handle another summer without baseball. :D

Two complete game losses to start the year, that's tough.

Yeah, Guidry (Game 1) and Figueroa (Game 2) both pretty much hung in there the entire game, not really enough to get pulled. It just seemed whenever I would start getting something together offensively, it either wasn't enough, or Texas would answer with a run or two to keep me down. I've got Catfish Hunter (12-6, 3.58 in '78) going in Game 3, hopefully I can get out of there with at least one win.

Archived