Echoes In The Bronx: A 1978 Yankee Dynasty

JoeRudi26

Tough loss. The Rangers look like they were a force back then. How come you kept your pitcher in for the complete game?

In hindsight, I probably should have pulled him in the sixth, but being down 5-2 at that point it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway. Texas has (had) some pop in their lineup (Hargrove, Harrah, Zisk), but by all means New York is the better team.

I just can't get anything across the plate. :huh:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just curious? what yankee stadium are you using? ;)

I'm using the Yankee Stadium that came with the 1978 mod, but I couldn't tell you for sure if it's a stand alone download in the stadium section of the downloads. While we're on the subject, I can't wait to get back to Yankee Stadium where I might actually win a game. :D

I'm using the Yankee Stadium that came with the 1978 mod, but I couldn't tell you for sure if it's a stand alone download in the stadium section of the downloads. While we're on the subject, I can't wait to get back to Yankee Stadium where I might actually win a game. :D

Thanx!! I just installed the '78 mod. Looks great so far. I was using best of '70s & '80s and yankee stadium in that mod is early '70s version. Im about to mess around with '78 mod. Have fun with your dynasty. looks great so far ;)

I was just curious because of that Sports Illustrated presentation. I wasn't sure if that was like a front page to a set of presentations or just a single article.

I was planning on presenting interviews with the manager and maybe some players, but that's about the extent I had thought about it. Good idea though, rick, I just hadn't thought too much about it yet.

Thanx!! I just installed the '78 mod. Looks great so far. I was using best of '70s & '80s and yankee stadium in that mod is early '70s version. Im about to mess around with '78 mod. Have fun with your dynasty. looks great so far ;)

The Yankee Stadium included with the '78 mod is a 1978 version that Sean O created just for the mod. The same goes for the Kauffman Stadium and Fenway Park included with the mod. These stadiums are only available with the '78 mod (i.e. they are not available to download individually).

The Yankee Stadium included with the '78 mod is a 1978 version that Sean O created just for the mod. The same goes for the Kauffman Stadium and Fenway Park included with the mod. These stadiums are only available with the '78 mod (i.e. they are not available to download individually).

Thanks for clearing that up, Jim. Like I said in my earlier post, I really didn't know off the top of my head if these were available as stand alone mods. Now we know. :)

Can't wait to see Bob Bailor, Roy Howell and the rest of the expansion Jays kick Yankee tail all over the Mistake by the Lake, Exhibition Stadium.

lol. Thurman Munson and George Brett in one game, great stuff. I never realized how good (announcers) Keith Jackson was and how Howard Cosell should have stuck to boxing. :D

Munson singles up the middle. This crowd is electric.

Can't wait to see Bob Bailor, Roy Howell and the rest of the expansion Jays kick Yankee tail all over the Mistake by the Lake, Exhibition Stadium.

Yeah, you bet. The Blue Jays in 1978 were 4-11 against the Yankees. So I can't also wait to see them "kick Yankee tail" too. Hold your breath. Starting now.

What the heck is going on?

lol. Martin has seen that look of "concern" before. I don't know man, I can't seem to hit it where they're not. Their pitching hasn't been that tough, but their defense killed me. If I had a dollar for every web gem I saw this series...

Oh well, we'll get it back in Milwaukee. :D

Watch out for those '78 Brewers! With the power they've got, no lead is ever safe. Trust me -- I speak from experience, having lost a number of games to them in my '78 Yankees dynasty. B)

Man Jim, you weren't kidding. Ben Oglivie and Larry Hisle just put the hurt on me. Steinbrenner may be visiting the clubhouse after this one. This is getting ridiculous. :unsure:

Archived