Total Conversion Mods

Yankee4Life

2 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Which mod are you trying to download?

the 1-5 patch for MVP.. wanted a more recent update if possible.. its been like a decade since I've played it lol.. I'll use this thread not the main page anymore.  I use to know everything inside and out lol.. when I click download nothing opens up.

1 minute ago, Jose_canseco33 said:

the 1-5 patch for MVP.. wanted a more recent update if possible.. its been like a decade since I've played it lol.. I'll use this thread not the main page anymore.  I use to know everything inside and out lol.. when I click download nothing opens up.

ok looks like firefox is working.. google chrome was not for me for whatever reason..

2 hours ago, Jose_canseco33 said:

ok looks like firefox is working.. google chrome was not for me for whatever reason..

Please do not come in this thread anymore to ask these type of questions. This thread  is about covering the total conversion mods. No more and no less.

Support questions? go to this forum right here. More than likely your question has already been answered.

Google Chrome? We beat you to it. Right here.

3 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Please do not come in this thread anymore to ask these type of questions. This thread  is about covering the total conversion mods. No more and no less.

Support questions? go to this forum right here. More than likely your question has already been answered.

Google Chrome? We beat you to it. Right here.

it was about the total conversion mod? anyways all good.. feel free to delete the comments. its been over 10yrs.. a tad rusty my friend.

11 hours ago, Jose_canseco33 said:

it was about the total conversion mod? anyways all good.. feel free to delete the comments. its been over 10yrs.. a tad rusty my friend.

I don't know what you mean but stop posting comments in this thread that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

• 3 months later...

On 5/21/2023 at 9:42 PM, Yankee4Life said:

He posted the same damn question in a 2k12 thread. Either way that question does not belong in this thread.

On 5/21/2023 at 9:47 PM, Muller_11 said:

:facepalm:

I did not want to disturb.
I own both "MVP Baseball 2005" and "MLB 2k12".
I was wondering if there were mods updated to the 2023 season, of both video games.

Greetings from Italy!

Just now, Crociato78 said:

I did not want to disturb.
I own both "MVP Baseball 2005" and "MLB 2k12".
I was wondering if there were mods updated to the 2023 season, of both video games.

Greetings from Italy!

I understand that you don't want to bother but this is not the thread to help you with the mods

If you want help, open a thread specifying your problem in the Support section for MVP Baseball and MLB 2K

2 minutes ago, Muller_11 said:

I understand that you don't want to bother but this is not the thread to help you with the mods

If you want help, open a thread specifying your problem in the Support section for MVP Baseball and MLB 2K

👍

• 8 months later...

Not too long ago Muller_11 had the idea to create a 2005 total conversion mod because as he explained that when he joined here he never had the chance to play the game with the 2005 roster and the mods made by the people who were here at the time.

An interesting idea I thought to myself and Muller made it happen and in a big way.

You can download the mod right here and it is very easy to install and get in to.

For veterans of this website this mod is a glimpse into our past as we began to collect and use the first mods that were released here and for newer members you will notice right away how good the modders who were here at that time improved this game in every area and you can see why that even today this game is the best computer baseball game around.

Muller includes the original rosters that was made for this game along with portraits and the uniform set from Moser316 and the All-Star game uniforms were made by UMachines. Also included are player audios, cyberfaces from many cyberface creators and of course updated and improved stadiums from the stadium modders.

You may ask “why create this 2005 mod when all you have to do is install the game from your CD?” That’s an easy question to answer because the default or “clean version” of the game as I like to call it when I am installing a total conversion or classics mod has no mods included. Go ahead and look at the default game and stadiums and uniforms, etc, etc and you will see how much improvements were made in this game and how impressive the modders on this website are. This is why I am forever grateful to them.

My first impression when I got into this game was that it brought me back to the time when I was adding these mods as they came out. This mod also showed what I liked and did not like about the game back in 2005. At that time I did not know how to change the jukebox music until someone uploaded the Ditty Importer and I got rid of these songs once and for all. I also liked that the default overlay is here only because it would have been impossible to choose one from that time because the overlays that were coming out back then were outstanding.

Of all the things I liked about this mod I have to say the roster was my favorite because I got re-introduced to players I have not thought of in years. In my exhibition game with Pittsburgh and San Diego I saw quite a few and I’ll get to one of them when I display the screen shots. Every team is going to have a lot of players who have been out of the spotlight in years and it was fun to play a game with them again after all this time.

Muller did a great job on this mod and he deserves all the credit in putting this all together. I highly recommend this mod.

Screenshots

Mvp05Mod01.jpg

Mvp05Mod02.jpg

Mvp05Mod03.jpg

Here is the default overlay that came with this game. This is why I am thankful for all the overlays we have.

Mvp05Mod04.jpg

Mvp05Mod05.jpg

This is what I was talking about. Here is Padres shortstop Khalil Greene.  When this guy came up he had a lot of promise but

then just went away. Later on he was with the Cardinals and soon after out of baseball. You will find players like him on every

roster in this mod.

Mvp05Mod06.jpg

Mvp05Mod07.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2011 at 6:07 PM, Yankee4Life said:

All my screenshots from this thread have been deleted because my FTP account was cleared out when the site was supposedly going down. I don't know what I have to do now. This thread looks like *^#&.

I don't know what I am going to have to do. Maybe replay the games and put new screenshots up. Who knows? This is a bunch of mother *&()()%^*(^&() &*(^&*(. Damn. All my God damn work thrown away.

I was looking through this thread because it this thread along with the historical players thread that I do is very important to me because I put a lot of time and effort in it to make it look presentable and interesting.

Many years ago we thought the site was going away and thankfully that did not happen. All this happened around fourteen years ago. Well because of that our FTP accounts were cleared out and all my screenshots for the mods I reviewed before the end of 2010 are gone and believe me there are a lot of them.

I have gone back and written down each mod that has broken links and I plan on replaying them by posting screenshots and a link where you can get the mod on the site.  This is a project that I believe will take me a couple of months but when it is done I will have all the mods posted with screenshots and this thread cleaned up as best as I can. Listed below are the mods that have broken image links.

1961     1956    1964

1978     1969    1951

1994     2008    1946

1974     1975

1998 (by Andy82)

1927 (edited and updated by Jim825)

Total Classics Phase 10

What will NOT be re-done:

Mvp Caribe 08

Mvp Caribe 09

WBC Caribe 09

Total Classics Phase 9

Total Classics 1927 (Original one made by Sal)

Total Classics Walk through history.

Total Classics Best of the 50's and 60's

Total Classics Best of the 70's and 80's

Total Classics Best of the 80's and 90's

Mvp 2004 mod.

Mvp Mexico

The first five mods that are listed above have updated versions that I have already covered in here. The Total Classics Walk Through History mod and the "Best of" series are four mods taken from the Total Classics series of teams and they were built for dynasty play. Jim has taken the teams from these eras and put them together just for this. The Mvp 2004 mod has never been uploaded here and it was originally covered as a courtesy to the EAmods website. They are gone now and I have no reason to cover it now. The same goes for Mvp Mexico. This was also never uploaded here but I reviewed it because Hector (HFLR) was running Mvp Caribe then and I wanted to do everything I could to promote the work done over there at the time.

As you can see this will take awhile.

I may as well begin to chip away at this. I played the 1961 mod today that Sandman made. This was one of the first Total Classics season mods on our website and what a season he had to work with. If you want to try the mod yourself the link is right here.

This mod has a very different look and feel from the first 1961 mod because the first one did not have OTBJoel’s Legend of the Booth mod and that was a major change.

If you do get this mod play a game with the Yankees because if you listen closely you can hear Bob Shepard announce the Yankee players when they come up to bat.

One thing that I did fix myself was I installed the old style umpire uniforms where ties were part of their uniform. I will re-upload this small file and the guy who made it was none other than the great Dennis James.

This is a great mod and it’s a nice way to start this project of mine.

Screenshots

1961TC01.jpg

Presenting Total Classics 1961.

1961TC02.jpg

1961TC03.jpg

The great Yogi Berra. Note the updated overlay in the '61 mod.

1961TC04.jpg

1961TC05.jpg

1961TC06.jpg

1961TC07.jpg

1961TC08.jpg

1961TC09.jpg

My next mod is the wonderful 1956 mod and for those of you who want to try it out you can download it right here.

You will notice that this mod has had a lot of updates done on it. That’s because Jim originally released the mod all by himself before partnering up with Dennis and later versions included uniforms that were made by Dennis James and also OTBJoel's Legends from the Booth audio mod, a mod that was tailor made for the 1956 season.

The game I played was the Washington Senators at the Chicago White Sox at historic Comiskey Park. The White Sox featured rookie Luis Aparicio who later made it to the Hall of Fame in 1984.

Screenshots

Welcome to Total Classics 1956

1956TC01.jpg

1956TC02.jpg

1956TC03.jpg

Venezuelan speedster and the 1956 American League Rookie of the Year Luis Aparicio. Three years later he would help Chicago win a pennant.

1956TC04.jpg

1956TC05.jpg

I have played this game for many years. This is the first time I can recall seeing this,

1956TC06.jpg

1956TC07.jpg

The White Sox did everything they could to hand the game to Washington but the Senators didn’t bite. Chicago would commit one more error in the game thanks to their third baseman but they would somehow win the game.

1956TC08.jpg

1956TC09.jpg

Today I am doing a review of the 1964 Total Classics mods. This is also one of our oldest season mods on the website and a guy named stecropper made this with a little help from his friends.

You can download the 1964 mod right here. This is the second version of this mod because when stecropper first uploaded it the Legends of the Booth mod was not part of it.

The game I played here for this exhibition was chosen not by accident. Both teams had a very bright future in front of them and I wanted to show rookies Dick Green and Bert Campaneris for Kansas City. Both would go on to be vital parts of the championship Oakland teams of the early 70’s. And Baltimore with Brooks Robinson and Boog Powell in the infield were only two years away from winning the World Series.  So I used two young and building teams from 1964. These are two teams you would not think about when thinking of the 1964 season but this is what makes Total Classics so great.

Thank you stecropper. I sure wish you would visit us again.

Screenshots.

Welcome to Total Classics 1964

1964TC01.jpg

1964TC02.jpg

1964TC03.jpg

1964TC04.jpg

1964TC05.jpg

1964TC06.jpg

The next mod on my to-do list is the 1978 Total Classics mod and like the first time I reviewed it this has to be my favorite conversion mods that we have on this website for obvious reasons. Nothing can compare living through the excitement of what that season was about as Yankee fans that I knew kept on asking each other if the Yanks could keep it up. What a summer and fall it was and I am glad I witnessed it.

By the way that made me think of a question to ask Jim, who made this masterpiece which can be downloaded right here. Take a look at the changelog on this mod. You can see that Jim devoted a lot of time to making this mod just right and every detail was looked over again and again just to make it as accurate as possible. I have to say he succeeded. Anyway my question to you Jim was how much work do you think we could have gotten done had we had MLB TV back in 1978? I mean having the ability to watch every game of this great comeback? If I didn’t fail school I sure would have gone to summer school because I would have watched every game.

Oh well, it’s best to have the memories of that magical year just the way it was and this mod gives you the opportunity to use the players that made up the entire story of the 1978 season.

The teams I picked for this exhibition game was not by accident either. I used the eventual National League champion Dodgers against the Pittsburgh Pirates, a team that only finished 1 1/2 games behind the division winning Philadelphia Phillies.

This was a wild game and one I hope I don’t have to go through again for a very long time. Los Angeles won the game 5 - 3 in fifteen innings. The Dodgers used a total of eight pitchers in the game in a game that took me ninety minutes to play.

Thanks Jim. Even when I am not using the Yankees in this mod it is still memorable.

Screenshots.

Welcome to Total Classics 1978

1978TC01.jpg

1978TC02.jpg

1978TC03.jpg

1978TC04.jpg

1978TC05.jpg

1978TC06.jpg

1978TC07.jpg

1978TC08.jpg

1978TC09.jpg

1978TC10.jpg