Total Conversion Mods

Yankee4Life

1994 continued

The Astros are pumped up as they take their first lead of the day.

Ken Hill is hit in the chest by this hard hit ball but recovers in time to throw the batter out. He remained in the ball game.

Ken Hill was 16-5 for the powerful Expo team in 1994. It was also his last year playing in Quebec.

Darrin Fletcher gets into one.

Ken Caminiti. A good hard nosed ballplayer who had more than his share of off field troubles.

1994 continued

Caminiti slides into third base with a triple.

The Astros scored four runs in the final two innings and ended up winning by one run. Here, Ken Caminiti scores from third base.

Astro outfielder James Mouton steals second base. Mouton was a prize prospect at that time but never panned out and was out of baseball by 2001.

Montreal never gave up. Here Larry Walker scores on Moises Alou's double.

And this is how the game abruptly ended for Montreal. A line drive to shortstop to double off Alou who was too far off the bag to get back.

Next, Total Classics Phase 9 Gold which can be downloaded right here. This is the ninth version of the popular Total Classics series and each time a new version is released, it makes the mod even better. And that is quite an accomplishment to do since this mod is great to begin with. But with each new version, more is put into this mod and it always leaves you wondering what else are they thinking of for the next version? Because no matter what it is, it's going to be a hit.

Cool Papa Bell singles in the first inning off of Eddie Cicotte.

Base hit to left field over the head of White Sox third baseman Buck Weaver.

Josh Gibson doubles to right center field.

The Pittsburgh Crawfords get on the board first.

Forbes Field in Pittsburgh. You may also notice in the overlay that all the White Sox are assigned uniform #0. That's because in that time period no teams wore numbers on their backs. The Yankees were the first in the 1920's.

Joe Jackson is too fast to be thrown out on an attempted double play.

This ball gets past the Crawford first baseman for an error.

Total Classics Phase 9 Gold continued

Joe Jackson makes this diving catch off of Cool Papa Bell to make sure he stays off the bases.

Chicago's Eddie Collins singles.

The great Shoeless Joe Jackson.

Chicago ties the game off of Satchel Paige.

Excellent arm extension. The result? A souvenir for a lucky fan.

Satchel Paige hits a bloop double that lands in fair territory near the right field foul line.

Another diving catch by Shoeless Joe to prevent a run from scoring.

Total Classics Phase 9 continued

Satchel Paige strikes out a Chicago batter.

Chicago ties the game for a second time.

And Chicago takes the lead.

Eddie Cicotte had a rough day, but so did Satchel Paige in this slugfest.

The ball is not even at first base yet and already Cool Papa Bell is past the base. No way did this double play have a chance to be completed.

The winning run by Chicago here in the ninth inning.

The Crawfords rallied in the ninth but fell short. Here a failed squeeze ends their best chance to tie the game.

Next up, Total Classics Walk Through History and this mod can be downloaded right here. I describe this mod as a "spin-off" of the Total Classics Phase 9 mod. The teams are very similar in both mods, although this mod includes the 1933 Champion New York Giants, a team not in Total Classics 9. It's an historical perspective of the 20th century as evident of the interesting loading screens and time period music. Another fun mod to play.

Example of one of the loading screens in Total Classics Walk Through History.

Somehow the Reds runner was called out on this double play.

Giants Blondy Ryan hits one off the glove of the Red firstbaseman but pitcher Bucky Walters backs up and makes the play.

Ernie Lombardi hits a double. Lombardi was known as probably the slowest player in all of baseball. He never got any leg hits. Every hit he got, he earned. And that he did because he won two batting titles in his career.

This guy is in no man's land at third base.

JoJo Moore makes a leaping catch at the wall in left field.

This ball is just off the glove of Hughie Critz and goes for a single.

Mel Ott homers and Bucky Walters knows it's gone.

Bill Terry, first baseman and manager of the Giants. He lead the team to the '33 series but the next year was knocked out as the Gashouse Gang Cardinals won it. His comment about the Brooklyn Dodgers at the beginning of the 1934 season "Is Brooklyn still in the league?" did not sit well with the Dodgers or their fans. Brooklyn got its revenge against Terry in late September of 1934 as they beat the Giants to eliminate them from the pennant.

Total Classics Walk Through History continued

Gus Mancuso doubles down the right field line.

Carl Hubbell on the mound working against the Reds.

Mel Ott over runs the ball in right field for a two base error.

JoJo Moore's diving play here saved two runs from scoring and it also ended the Reds threat in the 6th inning.

Beautiful Crosley Field in Cincinnati. This was the Reds home until 1970.

Reds pitcher Bucky Walters singles here. He had a tough outing as the Giants hit three home runs off of him.

The Reds stage a rally in the ninth. Here, a single gets it started.

Pinch hitting for Cincinnati, Vince Dimaggio.

The Giant third baseman throws the ball into right field as the Reds load the bases with two out in the ninth. This error did not prove to be costly as the next batter popped up to end the game.

More games later.

Bahahaha, i'd never seen the "do not throw cushions" warning before, that's great.

And, it was inevitable, but you have a slightly outdated version of Forbes. We made the Carnegie museum 3d and retextured most of the park, check it out.

Next up, Total Classics, Best of the 70's and 80's which can be downloaded right here. This is the second "spin-off" as I like to call it of the Total Classics Phase 9 mod. While the previous mod Walk Through History focused on the early teams of the 20th century that were in TC9, this mod here features the teams from baseball's recent past. You don't have to be a baseball historian to play Total Classics or any of these other two mods, you just have to be a baseball fan. But I guarantee you, if you get curious enough and you want to learn more about Mark Fidrych (who is featured here in this game) you'll end up looking him up on the Internet and your baseball knowledge is going to grow.

The Tigers stage an early rally against Cleveland in the first.

Mark Fidrych of the Detroit Tigers. He was a one year wonder only because he got hurt in spring training the following year and never was the same.

Oscar Gamble steals second.

Gary Sutherland drives home Detroit's first run.

Getting greedy and trying to stretch a hit isn't advisable when you are slow in the first place like Aurelio Rodriguez was.

Rick Manning charges the ball in center.

Detroit gets its second run of the game...

...as catcher Alan Ashby throws to second to try and get the lead runner who took too far of a turn.

Total Classics, Best of the 70's and 80's continued

Diving play by Rick Manning to prevent a Tiger hit. Manning was one of the few bright spots in the Indian lineup in the mid 1970's.

Right through the legs of second baseman Duane Kuiper.

Most people when recalling Mark Fidrych remember that he talked to the ball when he was pitching. They overlook one thing. This guy had a good mound presence and he had a great arm with an explosive fastball. He was a good pitcher.

Tiger Stadium, former home of the Tigers. I like this one better than Comerica.

Cleveland is where Dennis Eckersley started his Hall of Fame career. He remained with Cleveland until 1977 and was traded to Boston.

Finally Oscar Gamble is out. He went 3 for 3 with 1 stolen base but Detroit still won 3-2.

More tomorrow.

Bahahaha, i'd never seen the "do not throw cushions" warning before, that's great.

And, it was inevitable, but you have a slightly outdated version of Forbes. We made the Carnegie museum 3d and retextured most of the park, check it out.

Where the hell is that and how did I miss it? :(

Next up is the MVP Caribe 08 mod which can be downloaded right here over at the MVP Caribe website. The latest version for this mod is version 1.1 and to download it you must register there.

The Caribe team has successfully created a mod that fully captures the Latin flavor of baseball. They love their béisbol down there and it shows in every aspect of this game. The jukebox music, the in game music and the screens shots bring you right in the action of Caribe baseball. As soon as you start this mod you hear "Caribe! Caribe! Caribe!" and you will be drawn in. This mod features unique uniforms for all teams that you will not see in any other mod plus stadiums exclusive only to the Latin America game. It is a great mod and the people over at the Caribe website are always helpful and friendly when you have a question.

Welcome to Mvp Caribe.

This Navojoa hitter doubles to the left center field wall.

The outfielder overruns the ball but no harm was done as the runner did not advance.

This Santurce runner is caught in a rundown.

Heading to his dugout after a home run.

Going in hard at second.

The Santurce runner advances to third after the Navojao third baseman's throw sails into right field.

There was only one play on this well placed bunt and it was to first base as the runner advanced.

MVP Caribe 08 continued

Going from first to third on a base hit.

He got all of this one.

Mendoza of the NavoJoa team pitched two good innings of relief.

Perfect hit and run.

Nice looking between innings overlay for the Caribe mod.

Safe on the attempted pickoff.

Even the umpires are distinct here as they are special Caribe umpires.

This dropped ball by the second baseman allowed the Santurce team to stage a ninth inning rally.

That's it. The NavoJoa manager has seen enough. From a 10-3 lead going into the bottom of the ninth, it's now 10-5.

One more run scores to make it 10-6 as this Santurce batter drives it in with a triple. The game ended with NavoJoa winning by that score.

more later on.

This kinda relates to this thread.

I just read on EAMods that this year's MVP09 will be released in a smaller way, just as an update for the 08 mod. It will still contain lots of great things (new cyberfaces, new unis, rosters, schedule etc.), but il will be the last Total Conversion from them. They're now concentrated on working with 2K9 and will only work on classic conversions for MVP.

This saddens me a lot. I appreciate the work done both here at MVPmods and there, and I didn't think the release of a game that has gotten mixed reviews like 2K9 could lead to a quick MVP abandon. Of course I'm no one to judge their decisions, having had tons of fun thanks to their hard work.

Is there a chance someone from here will try to pick it up?

This kinda relates to this thread.

I just read on EAMods that this year's MVP09 will be released in a smaller way, just as an update for the 08 mod. It will still contain lots of great things (new cyberfaces, new unis, rosters, schedule etc.), but il will be the last Total Conversion from them. They're now concentrated on working with 2K9 and will only work on classic conversions for MVP.

This saddens me a lot. I appreciate the work done both here at MVPmods and there, and I didn't think the release of a game that has gotten mixed reviews like 2K9 could lead to a quick MVP abandon. Of course I'm no one to judge their decisions, having had tons of fun thanks to their hard work.

Is there a chance someone from here will try to pick it up?

Your comment has a lot to do with the making of this thread.

I don't want to sound here like I am putting down 2k9 because I won't. My experience with 2k9 only has to do with the demo they released of the game and I could not get that to run well on my old computer. When I got this new computer I had every intention of purchasing 2k9 and trying it out after I installed the season mods for Mvp. For $19.99, why not? In fact, I even said I was going to do this when the game came out because of the low price.

But then it seemed to me that day after day in here I would read about some new bug that someone found. And when you pile bug upon bug upon bug, you can't enjoy the game or really get involved in it because you know darn well something's going to happen to mess it up. That's what I've been reading. The complaints about this game have outnumbered the positive reviews by a wide margin. After awhile, I changed my mind and didn't care to buy the game anymore. For the people that do like this game, I hope that when a patch is released it will take care of ALL of the problems and not just some of them. To me that is what a patch should do.

With that aside, it does sadden me too that Mvp 2009 will be the last update for this game, even if it is just going to just be a small upgrade from 08 with the updated cyberfaces and uniforms. If that is what they want to do, then I just have to accept it.

It is my hope that there is a renewed interest in updating this game for the 2010 season the way that it was done for 06, 07 and 08. But that would have to depend on a few things like if there's a desire for it and an interest and also how much the 2k9 game improves after that patch is released. I think it would be very interesting to me to see how much of a hold 2k9 would have if the patch that they are working on doesn't satisfy everyone.

At least we can be happy about them wanting to still continue the classic conversions for Mvp.

Next up, the WBC Caribe 2009 mod which can be downloaded right here. This mod features the sixteen teams that were in the recently completed World Baseball Classic that was won by Japan. So if you want to try your luck playing against the very good Japanese team or lead them to the World Baseball Classic title yourself, this mod is for you. The modders who made Mvp Caribe 08 are the ones who created this mod. The current version for download is version 1.2. You do not need the previous versions of this mod to have this mod work correctly. While this is a Caribe team project, the Latin flavor is not present in this mod as it is in Caribe 08. You do have the opportunity to install the game and have the menus in Spanish, but this option is for the core users over at the Caribe website. The jukebox music chosen by the modders fits in perfectly here and the stadiums made for this mod are outstanding. Try playing a game in the Tokyo Dome and you will see exactly what I mean. Once again, as with the Caribe mod before, the love of the game of baseball is very clear by this talented group of Latino modders.

Welcome to the World Baseball Classic mod by team Caribe.

Chinese Taipei bunches a few hits together in the early innings for a quick lead.

Just beating the throw gives the Taipei team a 1-0 lead.

The professionally done look of the WBC mod.

South Africa gets on the board with a homerun to right.

This single gave South Africa the lead.

The third baseman for South Africa had a strong arm. Here, he recovers quickly after temporarily bobbling the ball to throw out the Taipei runner.

WBC Caribe 2009 continued

This bouncer up the middle eluded both middle infielders.

Peng of Chinese Taipei legs out a triple.

This bloop hit seemed to ignite the Taipei ballclub.

This run scored via a groundout extends Taipei's lead.

Taipei's bullpen shut down South Africa in the late innings.

Throwing out a speedy South African hitter.

This pitcher just barely tags the runner out as he tried to drag bunt his way on base.

Chinese Taipei walks off with the victory.

Finally we come to the very last mod that will be featured in this thread, the 2008 Season and that can be downloaded right here. To install this mod correctly, you will need the latest version of the Total Installer Thingy or TiT for short to install this mod right. Some people have had problems with the smaller pitching meter that was put into this mod and Kraw has provided a fix for it in case you would like to have a bigger pitching meter for the 08 mod.

I covered this mod in this thread last and I did this with a purpose. This mod shows how far this group of modders have come since we found out that EA lost their rights to produce another MVP baseball game. Because before there was Mvp Baseball 2008, we had the first season mod produced by the modders in MVP 06: MLB for the PC. That was their answer for the loss of the EA license and it was one of the hottest downloads during that time period. Before Mvp 06 came out, all we were doing back then was updating our original Mvp 05 game with the latest mods. Someone would make a new stadium, we'd put that one in the game and get rid of the bland and dull EA one. Hory would release team portraits like the machine he was and we'd import the new player photos in the game with EAgraph. Before long, each team was updated. When 06 was released, it gave this game a huge facelift and once we played the 06 mod, it left the EA version in the dust.

After that, the 2007 season was released and that season can still be downloaded right here. MVP 07:MLB for the PC saw more improvements and updates from the 06 version. New uniforms, stadium and roster updates and more cyberfaces. It was another mod everyone had to have at the same time. It was like having a brand new game and the success of that mod made everyone wonder what was in store for the 2008 version.

The 2008 version did not disappoint. It was released much later than originally said, but as Krawhitham told me last year "every time he was going to finish it up, there was something else to add in there." Fine by me. One thing you learn is not to rush modders because they take pride in their work, and the work on these three season mods by the combined efforts of many people in here and on Eamods was sensational.

There's going to be an update for this 2008 season mod that will be released when it is ready. There will be updated uniforms and things like that. More information about this update can be found in this thread.

The Diamondbacks turn a tough double play against Pittsburgh.

Ian Snell of Pittsburgh. He got roughed up by Arizona but hung in there.

Brandon Webb catches this in self defense.

Close game so far.

Justin Upton takes his hacks.

This blooper to left field drove in a run.

Getting greedy and it cost him.

Adam Laroche collected two hits off Webb in this game.

2008 continued

Brandon Moss homers to right field off of Webb.

Skipping past the first baseman for an error.

Felipe Lopez is hit by a pitch.

The Diamond backs rally.

Ryan Doumit hits an opposite field single.

Seventh inning stretch in the desert.

Working a walk.

This fly ball to Eric Byrnes ended the game for Arizona.

That's it. I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did. It was fun looking at all these season mods again. Don't sell Mvp baseball short. It's still a great game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...