Microsoft May Take Over Ea.

wrigleyville33

http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/09/23/rumor...nterested-in-ea

This would be nice for 360 owners, as microsoft would be able to use ea to relive mvp. If a new mvp was made, it would be exclusive to the 360, due the licensing agreement between 2k and mlb. Because first party companies can still produce their own game, microsoft would now have a legitimate chance at making a great baseball game.

yeah, i'm with jim on this. let's not celebrate just yet until we see a game in production. if they purchase EA, all that means is that they are purchasing EA. don't mean to **** all over this, but i'm not getting my hopes up until i see reason to. though it would be weird that they would ignore a whole genre of games with all the baseball fans out there.

yeah, i'm with jim on this. let's not celebrate just yet until we see a game in production. if they purchase EA, all that means is that they are purchasing EA. don't mean to **** all over this, but i'm not getting my hopes up until i see reason to. though it would be weird that they would ignore a whole genre of games with all the baseball fans out there.

I agree. While this does sound good, I'd rather see proof. We don't need false promises or rumors. We need a new game.

When is the 720 supposed to be out? In a year or two right? If this does go down, I don't see any major effects until the 720 is put into place.

What the heck is a 720?

If MS takes over EA, stick a fork in the PS3

and a PC is a 1st party platform for MS

I wouldn't believe that.

Can you prove a PC, which is made by several other manufacturers, is a 1st party platform? MS doesn't direclty produce entire PC systems, or atleast to my knowledge.

I wouldn't believe that.

Can you prove a PC, which is made by several other manufacturers, is a 1st party platform? MS doesn't direclty produce entire PC systems, or atleast to my knowledge.

Age of Empires is considered a first party game

and it happens to be made by MS for Windows

Kim’s excitement behind Age of Empires is just one example of Microsoft’s commitment to first-party games for Windows, and Kim wanted to make very clear that even though Ensemble’s PC output has been very successful for the publisher, the death of the studio does not mean that Microsoft has lost faith in PC. Kim states unequivocally that there is “absolutely” a future in first-party Games for Windows software, and that gamers shouldn’t take the end of Ensemble to mean that there is any change in how Microsoft's PC gaming strategy on a whole..

Games for Windows is a brand owned by Microsoft and introduced in 2006 to coincide with the release of Windows Vista. The brand represents a standardized technical certification program and online service for Windows games, bringing a measure of regulation to the PC game market in much the same way that console manufacturers regulate their platforms. The branding program is open to both first-party and third-party publishers.

Archived