New MVP 2005 video topic.

WindyCHC165

For the record, I live near Hartford, CT. I've got New York in my blood. My mother is from Queens. And I like both the Yankees and the Mets, but I rooted for the Yankees in the 2000 World Series, and anytime they play each other during the season I root for the Yankees.

I did say "Who cares about the windows?" in a different thread. It is a little bit frustrating that EA didn't put in the left field windows in the game again, but it's not going to affect my enthusiasm for the new game. It's just a little detail that can add some realism to the graphics, but it's not going to make or break the game. Heck, if they had the walls for Fenway Park be purple and pink, I would still buy the game.

I have one thing to say to EA: PLEASE HAVE CLASSIC YANKEE STADIUM IN THE GAME!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MarkB strikes again

PAWNED FOOL!

What the heck does pawned mean? Were you going for pwned and just got lost somewhere?

My comments referred specifically to a number of, unsurprisingly, New York fanboys who were complaining about ridiculously small omissions or issues in their home team's stadium. I really have to question if these kiddies have any idea the sheer amount of work EA puts into the game. Now, there's no pressing need to put in a Classic Yankees park if anyone at EA had happened to stumble upon this site, because the one here is *incredibly* well done.

I would suggest maybe not getting so wrapped up in defending your city when fellow proponents of your home teams say stupid things. I, personally, think EA has done an incredible job, and instead of bemoaning the lack of pointless changes or oversights, how about we try to stay happy with what we're getting in EA's last baseball game 'til most of you graduate college?

Me, I'm happy that so many of the parks look simply gorgeous, and I didn't think they looked too shabby last year either. And I think hitter's eye is a wonderful new step. But what I really care about is whether they solved some of the small gameplay issues, like the sac. bunt glitch, or the 1st baseman-->pitcher flip issues (which we saw in the video, so it's clear they've addressed it), and other *gameplay* things. I'm happy that EA has done such excellent work so far, so how about we commend them for what seems to be a good step from last year? Is that all that difficult?

Well, first off, you've shown that you didn't quite understand what I said in my post.

My comments referred specifically to a number of, unsurprisingly, New York fanboys...

Call it a quirk of the English language, and although 1 is a number, the phrase "a number of" is generally used to refer to more than 1, in cases where a plural example is used. As I mentioned, there is only 1 person that has said that on this site that I know of.

Now, moving on.

I would suggest maybe not getting so wrapped up in defending your city when fellow proponents of your home teams say stupid things.

And I would suggest reading my profile to the left of every single one of my 649 posts. I am from Glasgow, Scotland, U.K., Europe. Not New York. Therefore, New York is not "my city", as you so eloquently put it.

Damn it, I hate it when people use asterisks to emphasise something.

Well, first off, you've shown that you didn't quite understand what I said in my post.

Call it a quirk of the English language, and although 1 is a number, the phrase "a number of" is generally used to refer to more than 1, in cases where a plural example is used. As I mentioned, there is only 1 person that has said that on this site that I know of.

Now, moving on.

And I would suggest reading my profile to the left of every single one of my 649 posts. I am from Glasgow, Scotland, U.K., Europe. Not New York. Therefore, New York is not "my city", as you so eloquently put it.

Damn it, I hate it when people use asterisks to emphasise something.

Wow, then I guess I gotta wonder why you would choose the Yankees of all teams to root for. Do you follow football or Formula 1 at all? It's like rooting for Man. U. or Ferrari when you root for the Yankees, what's the fun in supporting a team that can just outspend anyone anyway? I mean, you don't root for the tank in Tiananman Square, right?

Plus, to be honest, you had Donut complaining, who apparently has been banned, which is good, then you had NYYKing complaining that Shea's upper deck whas empty, which doesn't matter, then Renegade (with the Mets logo and talking about Shea) saying how he's not going to buy the game because an apple goes higher than it does in real life.

Though to be fair you did immediately step in and yell at their idiocy, so I appreciate that. Who knows, maybe in spite of my love for New York City itself I've completely given up on the fans after they almost rioted because of their team's unprecedented, historically incredible chokejob. Throwing bottles at the field that just land on the fans below you, great job!

Also, just to remain on topic, completely, jpup's link to the ign site has a couple of videos of a create ballpark (1.18.05), and it doesn't look all that bad. It still needs an awful lot of work, but I assume when you're allowed to throw stands in the outfield it'll look a good deal better. Most interesting, apparently the dimensions of the park he created are *really* small, with a right field fence at 295'. That is an awfully short porch, even with the high wall. 420 to dead-center, and I think 313 to left, so if I didn't know better I'd say the wall measurements are changeable. Those are just weird selections all and all. Reminds me of Ebbets.

Which, now that I think of it, is the only cosmetic, unimportant addition I actually do want them to add.

Wow, then I guess I gotta wonder why you would choose the Yankees of all teams to root for. Do you follow football or Formula 1 at all? It's like rooting for Man. U. or Ferrari when you root for the Yankees, what's the fun in supporting a team that can just outspend anyone anyway? I mean, you don't root for the tank in Tiananman Square, right?

Plus, to be honest, you had Donut complaining, who apparently has been banned, which is good, then you had NYYKing complaining that Shea's upper deck whas empty, which doesn't matter, then Renegade (with the Mets logo and talking about Shea) saying how he's not going to buy the game because an apple goes higher than it does in real life.

Though to be fair you did immediately step in and yell at their idiocy, so I appreciate that. Who knows, maybe in spite of my love for New York City itself I've completely given up on the fans after they almost rioted because of their team's unprecedented, historically incredible chokejob. Throwing bottles at the field that just land on the fans below you, great job!

For your information, quite a few owners in the major league system have around the same amount of money as George Steinbrenner. The difference is that he spends his money on the team. He doesn't wait until the team is on its last legs, then decide he doesn't want to be there anymore because he's losing money and bail out to Florida. I don't see very many people hating ex-Expos owner Jeffrey Loria for that, simply because they don't know about it.

Why do I root for the Yankees? They were the first team I saw play baseball. The first baseball game I caught was with the Yankees. Next one was the Yankees as well, and I decided that because I had seen them in the last game, I would root for them to win this game. At this time, I had watched 1 full baseball game. I had no knowlege of salaries, standings, rankings or anything else, other than this team had seemed to play well in the first game. And no, I don't follow football or Formula 1.

Now, Donut hasn't been banned. He's been suspended, as I mentioned in my first post after yours. How did I have them complaining about the game? I don't think I've even mentioned those apparent "problems" with the game, simply because I don't care. I don't care if the apple in Shea goes up or down, left to right or breakdances after a homerun. As long as it stays behind the wall and doesn't start running on the field and dancing like an Egyptian on cocaine, I don't care. I don't care about the windows in Yankee Stadium. I don't care if an upper deck is empty. I'm sure the modders of the game can fix these things and if they can't, it's not a big deal. It's not a life changing experience.

And you seem to have selective memory. Remind me, where was it that a female was killed by police after being shot in the eye when the fans there were celebrating the win over the New York Yankees? Oh, yeah, it was Boston. Excuse me, but I'd say having a celebration in the middle of the street and being shot in the eye for it is a little more severe than throwing bottles onto a field.

Anyways, I'm done. I've proven what I wanted to say.

Now, back on topic, from the latest interviews and some of the videos, I'm really starting to look forward to this game. The addition of sliders to control how many walks the pitchrs throw can't be a bad thing.

Archived