All Time Total Conversion Project.

emath2432

Well, I tried one. It's easier for me, but I already feel like this mod is less mine than everyone elses since I am basically just adding my rosters into a mod with everyone elses work. Now even more so.

I never said that you had to use the template we used for the other TC mods. Use your template. I like the way that your samples looked, with the wood grain look at the bottom. All I suggested was that you change some of the text at the bottom of the screens, not the overall look and feel of the screens.

Again, you can do whatever you want. I was just making a suggestion. I use the template that I do because I like it. It doesn't mean that you have to like it or use it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said that you had to use the template we used for the other TC mods. Use your template. I like the way that your samples looked, with the wood grain look at the bottom. All I suggested was that you change some of the text at the bottom of the screens, not the overall look and feel of the screens.

Again, you can do whatever you want. I was just making a suggestion. I use the template that I do because I like it. It doesn't mean that you have to like it or use it.

I know... My issue is that your way is a lot easier. One small pic around 500x500 does the trick. Mine, I have to find a pic (or more) that is 1024x448 for every one. Just takes longer is all. I like the wood grain border too.

Maybe I will do like the game has. It uses about 8 load screen to load into the game, and about 8 more to load the menu after the game. The ones after the game are basically the same template you use. The ones going in are different. We'll see.

I have heard this before, but for some reason, never heeded the advice. I was reminded by someone again today, and decided they were right.

Don't be too public, and when you do feel like you have to do updates, don't update every little thing you work on, 3 times a day.

In other words, I will be working on this, but I wont be posting every little thing I do.

Feel free to drop in, and ask any questions, or make any suggestions, or offer any help, or whatever in this thread.

Also know that things like this take time. It took me nearly a year to put my finishing touches on a damn roster mod, and this is much more than that. I tend to get bored, and take breaks (weeks at a time), so it'll take even longer.

I will be working on it, and it will see the light of day...Some day... The ball is rolling, and I don't want to stop it now...

When you are working on these mods, it's hard to keep things to yourself. Trust me, I know! :)

You work hard on something, and when you see it in the game you think, "Wow, I really like the way that looks!" and you want to share it with others. You are doing great with this mod and I'm sure it will look really nice once it's ready. As you can see, you've already got a number of people looking forward to it (me included).

As I've said before, take your time on the mod and don't feel rushed to get it out. Work on it at your own pace and release it only when you are satisfied with it.

When you are working on these mods, it's hard to keep things to yourself. Trust me, I know! :)

You work hard on something, and when you see it in the game you think, "Wow, I really like the way that looks!" and you want to share it with others. You are doing great with this mod and I'm sure it will look really nice once it's ready. As you can see, you've already got a number of people looking forward to it (me included).

Yeah, it's hard sometimes.

EDIT: I hate load screens. lol

Okay, I got most of the uniforms I am going to use. I have uniforms for probably 95% of the teams, it's just a matter of not necessarily having the ones I want for all of them.

I don't just want any throwbacks, I have specific uniforms in mind for a lot of teams. There are still a few I need. I found a couple of more people who have unis I want, that I didn't include in my first batch of PMs (looking for permission to use them), so I sent them out tonight.

Some teams are gonna have a couple of options for which uni they want to use.

I'd also like to have an updated version of each teams uni, to give people that option as well. That might be a little tougher.

Anyway, I still hate loading screens.

do you have any of the books by neyer and james? there's tons of info in those.

The guide to pitchers. There may be some stuff in there I can use.

I just know I am trying to be a little bit different than most of the past ones. I see some of them used quotes, but most of them seem to be facts, and figures about the player. I went with quotes, like I said, because it was at least a little different, but also, because I might me able to find a gem or two out there, and make the user chuckle a little bit.

Sites for baseball quotes:

http://www.quotegarden.com/baseball.html

http://thinkexist.com/quotations/baseball/

http://resources.kaboose.com/kidslinks/sports/baseball/baseball-quotes.html

http://www.quotemountain.com/quotes/sports_quotes/baseball_quotes/

Hope that helps.

Thank you. I'll check them out. I find that most of the ones I find elsewhere, are the same as what they have compiled at Baseball almanac.

Actually, I still have plenty of quotes at baseball almanac. I think I was just being too picky at first. Once I started looking around again today (after my first post from this afternoon), I found some more I liked.

The guide to pitchers. There may be some stuff in there I can use.

I just know I am trying to be a little bit different than most of the past ones. I see some of them used quotes, but most of them seem to be facts, and figures about the player. I went with quotes, like I said, because it was at least a little different, but also, because I might me able to find a gem or two out there, and make the user chuckle a little bit.

There's also this book: Baseball's Greatest Quotations by Paul Dickson.

I own it, and it's pretty comprehensive. I think there's over 20000 quotes. (Almost too comprehensive!!)

If you have a library card, you might consider borrowing it from your local library.

There's also this book: Baseball's Greatest Quotations by Paul Dickson.

I own it, and it's pretty comprehensive. I think there's over 20000 quotes. (Almost too comprehensive!!)

If you have a library card, you might consider borrowing it from your local library.

I don't but the wife does. Plus, there are other ways to get what I need, if I need a book ;)

Robbing a book store is never the answer!

Lol. I was actually referring to a pdf file. So many books are available for devices like the Kindle these days, you can find most any books in a text form like that, somewhere. Whether you pay for them, or don't, is up to the individual and where they look ;)

Granted, I will say, this particular book is not available anywhere I have looked. The good thing that came of it is that I found other pages with a lot of good quotes on it as well. Sadly, they are not grouped by player name, and are just random.

Is there any easy way to remove a uniform slot, if it already has a uni in it? In other words, slot C has a uniform in it, and I want there to be none. Is it possible?

I am trying to get all of the uniforms in order for my mod, but slot C (for one of the teams) has numbers on the front, and none of the uniforms I am including have that. I have a uniform in that slot that the number covers the logo on the front. I moved that uniform down one slot, to an empty one, but now I have two of that jersey, and one of them is f'd up (by the number)

Is there any easy way to remove a uniform slot, if it already has a uni in it? In other words, slot C has a uniform in it, and I want there to be none. Is it possible?

I am trying to get all of the uniforms in order for my mod, but slot C (for one of the teams) has numbers on the front, and none of the uniforms I am including have that. I have a uniform in that slot that the number covers the logo on the front. I moved that uniform down one slot, to an empty one, but now I have two of that jersey, and one of them is f'd up (by the number)

I posted this in the shoutbox, but just to be safe, and so that it doesn't scroll off the screen for you, here's what you can do:

The easiest way to do it is to open up the frontend \ uniforms.big file and remove the .fsh file that corresponds to uniform select image for the uniform in slot C. For example, if it is uniform 004c, just delete the 004c.fsh file. Now when you cycle through the uniforms in the uniform select screen, uniform C will not be shown. For completeness, you can also delete the u004c.fsh and f004c.fsh files from the models.big file.

Ty Cobb Welcoming you to All Time Baseball. My EA Logo might need a little work, but I have time...

load.jpg

The Babe, and The Iron Horse are ready to go:

CTS.jpg

Done with installing all of the unis. Next on my list is roster work. This is going to be the longest part. A lot less updates. I have to re number all of the players so they fit into the Total Classics numbering system. Cyber faces. Any player audio, and player photos I need to do. Plus I need to re work the 90's expansion teams, and the power rating tweaks. Also, any updates from this past season that made it in.

emath,

Did you ever get any help creating VP6 videos? This is probably the best topic on the process and even has links to all the programs. Let me know if you need any help. I've tried all the steps on here and got it to work. So if you get stuck, I should be able to nudge you in the right direction.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14303

Archived