All Time Total Conversion Project.

emath2432

emath,

Did you ever get any help creating VP6 videos? This is probably the best topic on the process and even has links to all the programs. Let me know if you need any help. I've tried all the steps on here and got it to work. So if you get stuck, I should be able to nudge you in the right direction.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14303

My only issue is understanding the part about sound eXchange. It gives two links, but one doesn't work. I assume I need both downloads. I went to the sound eXchange page, and can not find my answer.

EDIT: Never mind, if I had gone a couple of posts lower, I would have found a new link.

EDIT #2: How rude of me. I forgot to thank you, so... Thank You. Sorry about that.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, it's VERY early on, so I don't have stadiums in, rating updates, cybers (only a few so far, as you will see in these screenies. Mostly stock). Still have the 05 overlay. Only stock audio... Player photos are still stock as well.

Basically, I have 05 with uniforms, and a roster that still needs some work. I had to take this roster, which was created in the 08 mod, and redo the cyber faces for all of the players who don't have a cyber in the 05 mod, so that it would not crash once I moved it to a fresh 05 install. Here's the proof. I just wanted to show you that I am working on it. I decided to play a few innings of a Yankee/Red Sox match up.

Ted Williams at the plate:

williams.jpg

Babe Ruth at the plate:

ruth.jpg

Derek Jeter at the plate:

jeter.jpg

Jimmie Foxx at the plate:

foxx.jpg

ARod at the plate:

arod.jpg

Yogi at the plate:

Yogi.jpg

it looks like you are using an old version of that bonds face. is that the 04 style face? if so, i would recommend this hulked version of bonds: http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=3851

he's given permission to use it in past classic mods so i'm sure he won't mind. don't think he's been around here in years anyhow.

Also, all ratings have been calculated by using Dylan Bradbury's ratings calculators. The only ratings that have any changes made to them are power ratings. Power ratings are basically created using slugging percentage (I don't know Dylan's actual formulas, but it's pretty obvious that slugging % is the primary deciding factor). This is only an issue when it comes to players like Ty Cobb, or Pete Rose (there are many others), who never hit for much power when it comes to home runs, but had pretty high slugging percentages due to a lot of doubles, and triples adding to their total bases. Because of that, they have power ratings in the 80's, and hit way too many home runs. Even with home run % being zero, they are still hitting 25-30 home runs in a season. I am trying to adjust all of these guys power ratings so that they come closer to their actual Home run out put. Otherwise, all ratings (offensive, defensive, arm, speed, and pitching) are coming directly from his Calculators.

emath, Use a stat called IPOW (Isolated Power). It basically takes away the singles from the slugging % stat so that it's just their extra base hits factored in. I've found it to be the most accurate power statistic available. This will take care of the problem with the Pete Rose's of the world. It still gives them credit for extra base hits but with less weight for the doubles and triples. You need to be careful with dead-ball era players however because in Cobb's time, doubles and triples did measure power hitters. It was just a different game back then.

The one thing that is going to hold me back in my effort to get this done.... It's too tempting to actually play a game here or there, instead of getting the work done... lol

I just played a lousy attempt at a game, as the All Time Mariners kicked the All Time Yankees (me) a$$. 12-2 was the final. Randy Johnson killed me (all except Joltin' Joe, who had 3 hits, including a 2 run shot). Ron Guidry got crushed for me.

emath, Use a stat called IPOW (Isolated Power). It basically takes away the singles from the slugging % stat so that it's just their extra base hits factored in. I've found it to be the most accurate power statistic available. This will take care of the problem with the Pete Rose's of the world. It still gives them credit for extra base hits but with less weight for the doubles and triples. You need to be careful with dead-ball era players however because in Cobb's time, doubles and triples did measure power hitters. It was just a different game back then.

The issue is, is that I am using his calculator. His utility, his formulas. No IPOW included.

The issue is, is that I am using his calculator. His utility, his formulas. No IPOW included.

It actually does use isolated power, which can also be calculated using Slugging Percentage - Batting Average.

Yeah, still going slow. Very little progress. I have removed the Negro League players, and Japanese League players, and moved the 90's era expansion team players back to where they belong. Now I just need to create a few players for these 4 teams, and adjust the lineups/rotations.

After that, I need to finish getting all of my cyber faces together, and then installed. Then finish the stadiums. That will take care of most of the visual stuff, and it will be on to audio, and ratings.

This is the mod I have always wanted to have, but never had available. I can't wait to play it. I only hope that I am not so sick of seeing it all, that I don't even want to try it once it is done.

I will also say that I have been getting the itch to create another mod in the future if this one goes well. I have a couple of seasons in mind. Depends on what the Total Classics team does between now and then. One season is more recent, and one is more classic.

One other thing I want to add about this mod.

This isn't a regular season mod, where the goal is to get realistic statistical output, in comparison to what happened in real life. A 1946 mod, your goal is to have it play out similar to how it really went.

In a mod like this, there is no comparison. Good pitching slows down good hitting, but good hitting helps beat up good pitching.

You can't expect the great hitters to all put up huge stats, and also expect great pitchers to put up great stats. They have to meet somewhere in the middle. Babe Ruth will not hit 60 home runs, and Bob Gibson's ERA will not be 1.12 (or whatever it was in '68).

I just don't want to hear a bunch of complaints that my rosters suck, because Ruth doesn't hit like he did in 1927, or Greg Maddux dominate like he did in 1995. They are all the best of the best, and somewhere, somethings got to give.

You make a good point. Several years ago I used MVP edit to move players around to their all-time teams. Ruth hit 40 homers and hit for a .285 average. Gibson's ERA was 3.20-3.30 range. So they do meet in the middle. I appreciate all the work you are doing. There will be many of us that will be grateful for what you are doing.

so why did you drop the negro league and asian guys?

I know my first post was pretty long, and it was probably easily missed.

I will likely still release a small patch that has them in there. I had decided before I started that I wanted all 30 teams to be represented by actual players from that team. Even if it meant Tampa Bay loses 130 games a year.

Then, if I release the patch, it'll go back to the way I originally made it with one all time Negro League team, and one all time NPBL team, and the 4 expansion teams combined into two.

Back to work on this. I took a few days off. Spent more time playing around with it then I did working on it. Got back into it last night.

Trying to re work the 90's expansion teams rosters. I want to get all 30 teams 25 man MLB roster set before I start re numbering players (setting audio/photo IDs), and installing cyber faces. Just finished Colorado and Florida. Getting ready to do Arizona. Not looking forward to Tampa Bay. Easily the least talented organization of all 30 teams. Getting better, but still the worst.

The other 3 teams have a solid lineup, and rotation. Not as much depth as the older franchises, and a few more weak spots scattered throughout their line ups, but still solid. Tampa Bay still has holes everywhere.

Think about the Rays being in the same division as the All time Yankees, and Red Sox. Add in the Browns/Orioles, and the Blue Jays (who both have quite a bit of talent on their teams), and Tampa Bay is gonna lose 120 games, if they're lucky.

Also, just a thanks to everyone following this. And a BIG thank you to everyone who has helped out, or allowed me to feature their work in this. It looks amazing thanks to you guys.

One thing that people need to know. This mod is intended to be the best pitchers vs the best hitters, during their best seasons.

It was NEVER intended to be a lousy pitcher hitting against the best pitchers.

It is meant to be DH for both leagues. I am NOT doing the pitchers batting stats. I am not even trying to set up the non DH lineups correctly. They will be set, but not in any particular manner. Just so there are 8 batters in each non DH line up.

I am going to make this the lead in to my read me as well. If you choose to play non DH, you will be doing it at your own "risk".

Any complaints about this, after it comes out, will either be met with silence or a reminder to read the read me. ;)

Probably been answered already, but are the players stats taken from a particular strong season, or using the career stats?

Career diminishes the ratings too much IMO.

I did these rosters originally back in 2001 (for High Heat), and when I did, I based them off of their best season with that team. I have continued that since then. It makes some guys better than what they are known for (All Star guys, with HOF type seasons), but makes for stronger competition.

I went over it all in my first post, but it was pretty long winded. I can tell by a lot of the questions I have received (mostly in PM) that not many people actually read it all. Most of them wont read the read me either, so I am sure I will get some complaints about how I did certain things.

There are some things I wish I had done differently so far as the ratings go, but since 95% of my research was done 9 years ago, and the rosters were mostly done (for this mod) last spring, I am going with what I have for my initial release. If I decide to take a different approach in version 2, then so be it.

Archived