All Time Total Conversion Project.

emath2432

Also, in case anyone cares, I went through some tests at the Dr office today, and they are sending me to the Hospital for a bunch of tests tomorrow. I may have some issues with my heart. I have to admit I am kinda scared right now, but at least if it is true, it'll explain some of the health problems I have been having lately. I have not been talking to anyone about my issues, so none of you really knew about it before now anyway. It's also part of the reason I have been kinda edgy lately, and not coming around very often.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wish you the best emath. my thoughts will be with you.

as for the post of the day, don't let it get to you. this is your project and no one else'. if you see it fit to finish it, then that's what you will do. the decision is yours and no one else'. no one has any say to complain about something like this. if they want it done, they can do it themselves.

The reality of it is, this mod is basically done already. I just didn't get all the extras done I wanted to do before release. You know, the stuff the guys do that take it from great, to amazing.

Eric - Send me a PM or e-mail message listing everything that still needs to be done. Depending upon what it is, I may be able to add the missing pieces for you, similar to what I did for Sal with the Total Classics 1927 mod.

It's perfectly playable now. I have actually done some work on it since I put it on "hold" as well, but I still wouldn't call it done. I just didn't want to tell anyone what I have been doing, as when I was updating people on everything I seemed to get more crap about "When's it gonna be done?".

Don't feel like you have to tell people what you are doing. That's the reason I no longer post information about my mods while they are under development. That way, I can work on the mod at my own pace and if I get minor interruptions (like helping others with their mods), I don't have to answer to anyone regarding why my mod isn't done yet.

Either way, a few things have happened on this site, and a few people have made the "real them" a little more public. Now, I am just not so sure I even want to release it. I may make it available to a few select people, or I may release it here for everyone. Or, like Nostradamus, you can read between the lines, and maybe I wont finish it at all. But I already told him how I feel in response to his private message.

Don't worry about Nostradamus. You won't be seeing him anytime soon, as he violated site rules by creating his third or fourth different account. He's earned himself a rather lengthy vacation from the site.

Finally, good luck with your medical tests. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I probably wont know the results for a day or two on most of my tests, but the EKG, and the EKG stress test came back looking really good. I am going back to get some blood taken (had to fast for 12 hours, so that is about right now... Dr office is closed for lunch, so I will go back in about an hour) to check the cholesterol, etc... But all those were really good 3 years ago when they checked last, so I am feeling pretty good about it not being heart related.

What scares me is the chest X-ray they took, and what they may find causing me pain. Something is surly causing it, my fear is what they find it is. :sad:

And Jim, as far as the mod... You already helped me so much, but if I am gonna do this, I am gonna do it myself. I really appreciate the offer though. :)

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I probably wont know the results for a day or two on most of my tests, but the EKG, and the EKG stress test came back looking really good. I am going back to get some blood taken (had to fast for 12 hours, so that is about right now... Dr office is closed for lunch, so I will go back in about an hour) to check the cholesterol, etc... But all those were really good 3 years ago when they checked last, so I am feeling pretty good about it not being heart related.

What scares me is the chest X-ray they took, and what they may find causing me pain. Something is surly causing it, my fear is what they find it is. :sad:

the good news is that they may not find anything at all, which means it might not be something serious, so don't stress over it yet.

the good news is that they may not find anything at all, which means it might not be something serious, so don't stress over it yet.

Yeah, everything came back negative... Now to try and figure out why I am having pain. Still waiting on the lab work to come back on my blood. Could still be an issue with Cholesterol, but that wouldn't be anything causing me pain.

• 4 weeks later...

I only check in every so often, so this is the first I have heard about this mod. Sounds promising, really looking forward to it.

As far as your health, hope it all works out, and remember your health comes before this game. I will say this too. A few years back I had some similar issues. I was having a lot of pain in the chest area. I had smoked in the past, and there is a history of heart problems in my family so I was pretty upset. Well I did every test known to man. I did EKG's, stress tests, and also did other stuff, hemocults, ultrasounds... you name it. Finally I went to a gastroentorologist (sp?) and he did an endoscopy. That, like all my other tests, came back negative. Yet, I was still having pain. The general consensus from my doctors was that it was/is irritable bowel syndrome. It can cause chest tightness and other things you may not necessarily associate with your bowels.

I was given dicyclomine to help with it. It helped a good bit. IBS is not something you can preemptively strike though. You have to take the medicine once the pain starts (or at least thats how it was then.) I really don't have a lot of trouble anymore but I have made a lot of lifestyle changes and lost some weight, but keep in mind, you could have something as simple as IBS. Regardless, here's to hoping you get better.

Best I can figure is that I pulled a muscle or something, as I helped put up a chain link fence the day before it started. Pain was gone a few days later, and have had no issues since.

As far as the mod goes, right now I could care less about baseball. I have not watched more than an inning or so in weeks. A couple of outs, and I usually turn the channel. I have been so caught up in my Blackhawks run to the Cup, and the NBA playoffs (first time in 12 years that I have really gotten into the NBA) that I don't even care about my Cubs.

In other words, this mod is on long term hold. It's so close to done it is sickening, but I am just in no mood to work on it. In fact, I am currently working on an All time NBA mod for NBA Live 2006. I have no plans to make that a publicly released mod though. I am working on my 5th team on that mod, so I have a ways to go.

Since I have a bad habit of starting these things, and not finishing them for years (been working on the MVP one for a year and a half, and had slowly but surly worked on one for High Heat 2003 for about 6 years before it was done... Just in time for me to give up on HH, and move to MVP). Anyway, once the NBA playoffs is over, I will most likely get bored with that mod too.

If I had to put any type of date on when I may actually work on this again, I would say in the beginning of 2011, to try and have it done by the season start. I tend to start to get the itch for baseball again around the Winter meetings, and all the off season movement.

Archived