All Time Total Conversion Project.

emath2432

Rosters in order. Player audio is in. Man, AlexTony and the rest of the TC audio guys did a fabulous job.

Best part is, a lot of the guys (probably 75%) that they have not covered with audio, are easy to make. A lot of them already exist, just not first and last name together. So, it's pretty easy to pull a last name and a first name out of the .big file, and convert them over to the full name I need.

Now, don't get me wrong, roster is not finished. I just have the 25 man rosters set. Ratings tweaks are a plenty.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I currently have over 600 players with their names in the game (closer to 640). Thanks goes out to all the TC audio guys. I will be making, or adding 109 more names. Once all is said and done (and this may take a while. I have only made 5 names so far), I will have all but about 5-10 guys with audio.

Now, I have not had much luck with PA audio (never sounds right for some reason), so mine will just be broadcast audio.

Sounds great with all of the audio in place. Can't wait for you guys to try this out. It's already shaping up to be exactly what I wanted, and I am not even close to being done yet. :D

I currently have over 600 players with their names in the game (closer to 640). Thanks goes out to all the TC audio guys. I will be making, or adding 109 more names. Once all is said and done (and this may take a while. I have only made 5 names so far), I will have all but about 5-10 guys with audio.

Now, I have not had much luck with PA audio (never sounds right for some reason), so mine will just be broadcast audio.

Sounds great with all of the audio in place. Can't wait for you guys to try this out. It's already shaping up to be exactly what I wanted, and I am not even close to being done yet. :D

I don't want to pressure u, but when do u think it will be relesed??

There is a ton of work to do on one of these if you want it to be good.

I believe that. Just by reading the steps that Jim takes to create a mod is proof enough of all the time and effort it takes to create one of these and to have one good enough to be proud of. I have no doubt that yours will be great too and the attention to detail in it will stand out.

Yes, I could put it out now, and you could play it, but 75% of the people would ***** about it not being good enough.

Re: the first version of the 1927 mod.

My target date is opening day 2011. ;)

Suits me fine. It's not that I don't care when this is released because I do. From what I have been reading in here this mod looks like it is going to be a blast to play. But at the same time I'm not going to ask about it because at the present time there are fifteen different Total Classics mods available for me to pass the time away and if that isn't good enough then I don't know what else to say.

Yeah, it is obvious that it wont take 13 months to finish, unless I put it on hold at some point(Which, I have been known to do around May, when I can start to think of other things I want to be outside doing instead of modding a baseball game). I admit, when I first started going, things were going more quickly than I had thought.

Then the deeper I got, the more I saw that I could do. Like the audio for example... I could put it out now and over 630 guys have audio (out of 750). Then I realized, that in looking at my list of guys without audio, that 109 of them are either very easy to create, or would just be me copying already existing names into a second slot (like Edmonds who is an Angel, and a Cardinal OFer, but only has one audio slot). Even though the majority of them are easy names, it's still gonna take a while. Audio is one of the easier mods you can do, IMO, but it is time consuming.

There really isn't a lot left to do, but it is all VERY time consuming stuff, and it is gonna take a while to do it right.

I work 10 hours a day (and drive an hour), 5 days a week. I sleep 7- 8 hours a day. I like to spend some time with the family. I am lucky to get 2 hours a day on this. Hell, it's been almost a year since I last created audio for this game. I can't remember for sure how long it takes, but I would say I will be lucky to get 3- 5 names in 2 hours, depending on how easy the name will be to do. Even copying one name to a new slot requires extracting the file from the .big file, and doing some hex editing.

3- 5 names a day, with 109 names to create, you guys can all do the math on how long that could take. Granted, I get more time on it on the weekends than during the week, but still. And audio is just the current thing I am working on. I still have a pretty long list of things I am working on after that, and the list seems to grow every day.

This is just a general post, that isn't directed at anyone in particular. A lot of you guys know how long stuff like this takes. Like I said earlier in the thread, it's gonna be a while. Just hang with me, it'll be done eventually.

Re: the first version of the 1927 mod.

Honestly, I didn't try the original version of that mod. I do have the updated version, but have not installed it yet (Been kinda busy with another mod. *wink, wink*) But, from what I have read about it, mine is actually further along than that was. I still have some player ratings that need work, but from what I have read, that did too.

Of all of the things I have to do for this mod, the one I am least interested in doing is batter walk up music.

I don't mind the conversion of the files, or putting it in, I just do not look forward to trying to come up with all of the clips I need, with songs ranging from the 20's/30's til today.

If no one is interested in coming up with a bunch of short audio clips for it, I may just see if the TC guys mind if I mix and match some of their files (from over the years), and put them together.

I knew there was an issue, where on occasion the audio will stop for extended periods of time... But tonight, while I was doing something for the wife on my other PC, I had a cpu vs cpu game going on this pc to test some of the audio. I don't have any of mine in yet, as I will install all of them when they are done, at one time. Basically, I was just listening to the audio the TC guys have done.

Yankees at Braves. Entire game, I think I heard pbp audio for 9 outs. The entire game was no sound. It would come on for one guy, and go away on the next. Pretty much every time a created name came up, it went silent. It pissed me off, and made me wonder if all the work I am doing on audio is worth it. Then once I started to question that, I decided I needed a break.

Then I am watching a tv show that was putting the spot light on some people who basically have nothing, but spend all of their money on helping intercity kids try and make a better life for themselves. The guys makes a comment about how sometimes all it takes is giving the kid some attention and love, to turn them away from a path of doing bad, and back onto a path of doing good.

Then it gets me to thinking about all of the times my step daughter wants nothing more than time with family, or just some father/daughter time, and I am too busy modding a fu**in baseball game. And then I am thinking about how she has been acting out lately, and doing things she shouldn't be doing.. Nothing horribly bad, but bad none the less.

When I start to add it all up, I start to see that I am not doing a very good job as a father. I'm not doing a bad job mind you... I am just not doing good enough. She is too awesome of a kid for me to let her down like this.

I don't get to see her during the week because of school, and work. Then I am trying to get this done on the weekends when I have the most time, and not giving her the time she deserves.

I am not saying this mod is dead, I am just saying that I need to be spending more of my free time on the weekends, with her. Next week she is at her dad's, but the following Saturday is Eric and Brooklyn night out. Just the two of us. Work is gonna slow down. I am just not sure it is worth my time anyway, let alone when I compare it to spending time with my family.

Emath, sometimes the best thing you can do when you put a lot of time into a hobby or a past-time is to walk away from it for awhile. You've got some pretty good reasons why you need to take a break from this mod for as long as you need to be away from it and I personally think they are some pretty good reasons. And you also said that someone in your immediate family is very sick so that just adds on to it.

You got to spend time with the family because that's what you feel you need to do. This mod will be waiting on your hard drive for you when and if you decide to come back to it. That's what you got to remember. Your step daughter is more important at this time.

Enjoy your time with your family and don't be a stranger here either. Come back when you have the time.

Oh, that post last night was probably a little overly dramatic. I was in a mood at the time.

Don't get me wrong, it's mostly true, but I wont see her (literally) til 2 weeks from now anyway. With our schedules being so different, I actually only see here every other weekend. It's pretty bad when you live in the same house, and still only see one another 2 days out of every 14. I just need to focus on being with her more of the two days I have.

She may only be my step daughter, but she has been in my life since she was 2. She started calling me daddy when she was 4. That sealed the deal for me.

I hate to say it, but I have not worked on this since that day.... Now I have my copy of The Show sitting beside me, starring at me....

Must...Play...The...Show... Must... Not.... Deny... My ...PS3...The... Joy....Of...Loading....It....

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this has been put on long term hold. Until I get tired of The Show (not likely any time soon as it blows MVP outta the water in my books), I probably wont get much done here. I am keeping it all saved away though, as I still prefer Classic baseball to current baseball for about 3/4 of the year. Just in the spring time do I get excited by actual baseball so much, that I lean towards more current stuff. By the middle of the summer, I may be working on this again. We'll see.

• 2 months later...

I have not forgotten about this. I think I bit off more than I wanted to chew when I started creating 100+ new player audio files. I was already getting pretty burnt out on that after about 5 guys... I already had most of the visual stuff done anyway. At this point I now just have to decide if I am just done with MVP as a game or not. If I am done with it as a game, then I am done with this project. If I find I am still interested in playing MVP, then I will likely finish this project next off season.

I must admit, after getting The Show 10, I have not even turned MVP on once, or even had the desire to do so. Plus, with the Cubs ruining the game of baseball for me at this point, I am not even all that excited to play The Show.

If I do work on this later this year, it probably wont take very long to finish it.

Just admit it. This project will probably never get done. End of story. You heard it here first.

I'm sure that people can read between the lines:

Yeah, this has been put on long term hold

I must admit, after getting The Show 10, I have not even turned MVP on once, or even had the desire to do so. Plus, with the Cubs ruining the game of baseball for me at this point, I am not even all that excited to play The Show.

I think I bit off more than I wanted to chew when I started creating 100+ new player audio files. I was already getting pretty burnt out on that after about 5 guys

Just admit it. This project will probably never get done. End of story. You heard it here first.

I think I bit off more than I wanted to chew when I started creating 100+ new player audio files. I was already getting pretty burnt out on that after about 5 guys

The arrogance that some people have completely floors me. Especially for someone making thier first post at this site.

First of all, welcome to the website. I hope you enjoy it.

As for your post, maybe you have a good point. I'm not going to argue with it. Personally, if this project gets done it will be great. This mod does sound fantastic. If it doesn't, I could care less.

We have a lot of total conversion mods on this site for you to get involved in. Try Total Classics Phase 10 for example. That mod is made by a group of modders on this site truly devoted to creating mods for Mvp baseball and getting them out. You will not be disappointed in what you find there and it will make you forget if this thing ever comes out or not.

Thank you Nostradamus for your prediction and today's "feel good" post of the day. :facepalm: You've made quite a splash with your first post and done a great job endearing yourself with the rest of the members on this site (and especially emath) with your negativity.

If this mod is completed, great. If not, at least emath was honest enough to tell us where his head is at right now. I'd much rather see an honest message like his than the numerous messages we've seen from plenty of others, where they hype their uniforms, stadiums, conversion mods, etc., showing us one or two screenshots and then disappearing for months at a time without a peep.

The arrogance that some people have completely floors me. Especially for someone making thier first post at this site.

He's got one post. You have 34. From where I see it that is just about the same. I got over 15,000 but I don't talk about them. Post counts mean nothing.

Was it an arrogant post? That's for you to decide and others if they want. Was it a correct post? Probably. Since The Show 2010 came out and even before that this mod shut down. Hey, things happen. People get interested in other things. That's why I said I didn't care if this mod was ever made. I've got Total Classics.

I recall a few years back a group of guys here wanting to make Total Classics 1999. They were going very well for awhile and then they lost interest. Like I said, things happen.

He's got one post. You have 34. From where I see it that is just about the same. I got over 15,000 but I don't talk about them. Post counts mean nothing.

Was it an arrogant post? That's for you to decide and others if they want. Was it a correct post? Probably. Since The Show 2010 came out and even before that this mod shut down. Hey, things happen. People get interested in other things. That's why I said I didn't care if this mod was ever made. I've got Total Classics.

I recall a few years back a group of guys here wanting to make Total Classics 1999. They were going very well for awhile and then they lost interest. Like I said, things happen.

The reality of it is, this mod is basically done already. I just didn't get all the extras done I wanted to do before release. You know, the stuff the guys do that take it from great, to amazing.

It's perfectly playable now. I have actually done some work on it since I put it on "hold" as well, but I still wouldn't call it done. I just didn't want to tell anyone what I have been doing, as when I was updating people on everything I seemed to get more crap about "When's it gonna be done?".

Either way, a few things have happened on this site, and a few people have made the "real them" a little more public. Now, I am just not so sure I even want to release it. I may make it available to a few select people, or I may release it here for everyone. Or, like Nostradamus, you can read between the lines, and maybe I wont finish it at all. But I already told him how I feel in response to his private message.

Archived