2K10 Vs Mvp

roadranger

tweak your sliders

I can not stand one button hitting, that kills gameplay for me. And that is all MVP offers

Oh, you're one of those guys that thinks pressing up on a thumbstick doesn't equate to pressing down on a button.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, you're one of those guys that thinks pressing up on a thumbstick doesn't equate to pressing down on a button.

Oh, you're one of those guys that does not know what he is talking about

you have 3 swing types in 2k10; Slap (left or right), normal (up), & Hard (down then up)

you have one swing type in MVP (push the button)

MLB 2K is one of the worst baseball games ever created. That isn't just my opinion. That is a general consensus among people who love and understand the game of baseball. There's nothin' to argue about.

"MLB2k is one of the worst baseball games ever created..... A general consensus among people who love and understand the game of baseball?"...."

Let me see....I love baseball and have for over 60 years but I guess I still don't understand the game and enjoy playing the worst baseball game ever created.

Hmmm...Now that is interesting. Sure learned a lot about myself. :rofl:

Oh, maybe someday if I keep trying. :sad:

You're exaggerating so much it's making you seem stupid. 100 runs every game ? The Show is one of the worst baseball games you've ever played ? LOL, yea OK ( I actually did laugh out loud ). There's no point for any logical person to discuss this topic with you. You're being completely ridiculous.

MLB 2K is one of the worst baseball games ever created. That isn't just my opinion. That is a general consensus among people who love and understand the game of baseball. There's nothin' to argue about. MLB The Show has been the better representation of major league baseball since 2008.

No that has been my complaint for the last 3 years with The Show, You can score 80-100 runs a game, it is not fun going 162-0. Search the forum I posted screen shots last year. I only played the demo this year, no since in pissing away $60 on the same dumb ****

FOr someone who hates the games why are most of your posts in the forum MLB 2K10? It seems you are nothing but a sony fanboy mikey

"MLB2k is one of the worst baseball games ever created..... A general consensus among people who love and understand the game of baseball?"...."

Let me see....I love baseball and have for over 60 years but I guess I still don't understand the game and enjoy playing the worst baseball game ever created.

Hmmm...Now that is interesting. Sure learned a lot about myself. :rofl:

Oh, maybe someday if I keep trying. :sad:

No, we learned a lot about mikey :)

I have to agree with Kraw 100% on this. I went out and bought a ps3 and the show last year. I kept it about a month and sold it.I had more enjoyment playing 2k9 with all its bugs and glitches then I did playing The Show. To each their own I guess if you have The Show and love it good for you.But do not say that true baseball fans and ppl that understand baseball prefer the show.I have been a baseball fan for over 40 years so do not try to say that if you like 2k10 you do not understand or love baseball.I personally really enjoy 2k10 and would much rather play it then The Show any day.

Guys,

I agree with Kraw, tks, and tiedyed. I had went out and bought both MLB 10 the Show and MLB 210. While the show was for the PS3, and 2k10 was for the computer, I enjoyed 2k10 much more. After about a week of the show, took it in and traded it. After 2k10, the show seems stale. To me, 2k10 is a much more enjoyable brand of baseball gaming. If you like the Show, great. However, to me, 2k10 is much better. And the fact that it can be modded is an added bonus. As I said in an earlier post, I think MLB 2k10 is equivalent to MVP 2004. A good game, but with some flaws. Anyhow, I have rambled enough. Take care. Have a good night.

I like MLB 2k10...but way too many bugs...I got pulled by my manager from a no-hitter in the seventh inning with 70 thrown pitches and no hits in my player mode!!! Remove some of the bugs, if not all, and 2k10 will have a chance...of course it won't be as moddable or incredible as the long life of MVP 2005...I liken MVP to SimCity 4...just a great game starting to be outdated, but kept alive by mods and the new games haven't made a great improvement yet...especially with too many bugs and just plain errors.

No that has been my complaint for the last 3 years with The Show, You can score 80-100 runs a game, it is not fun going 162-0. Search the forum I posted screen shots last year. I only played the demo this year, no since in pissing away $60 on the same dumb ****

FOr someone who hates the games why are most of your posts in the forum MLB 2K10? It seems you are nothing but a sony fanboy mikey

* shakes head *

Enjoy MLB 2K, man.. if that's even possible.

This is the last post I'll fling in your direction. I'm not a " sony fanboy " because I prefer to play MLB The Show over MLB 2K. It seems like you're nothin' but a MLB The Show hater.

Also, I posted in the MLB 2K forum when I used to play it. Check the dates on the posts. I gave it a fair chance, but I quit playin' it because, IN MY OPINION, it still isn't up to par for 2010.

Only thing MVP has going for it is its great classic baseball mods, which in time will also be coming to MLB 2k10

(EDIT: I see others beat me to it, but I'll leave it up anyway).

Hate to say it, but you are dead wrong here. Unless 2k stops making PC games, it will never be like MVP in this area. By the time anyone really figures out how to do anything about creating classic stadiums, and starts building classic mods, it'll be time for 2k11. Then, maybe the file structure is the same, so people just integrate the 2k10 stuff over to 2k11, but by the time anything of note comes out, it'll be time for 2k12. So on and so forth.

The ONLY reason MVP got as great as it did... Because they stopped making PC games.

That's all well and good about The Show, but it's not available on PC, so we have to decide between MVP05 (updated) or MLB2K10. I've heard impressive things about The Show, wish it were available on PC.

Sorry. I was referring to someone who IS playing the Show (or at least was downloading the demo, and thinking about getting it).

No offense to anyone who is still stuck on the idea that PC baseball is the best. Sure, there are advantages... But talk to just about anyone playing the Show on this site. They are all pretty much here because of MVP, and PC baseball... However, once you get a shot at playing The Show, the modding stuff doesn't seem as important anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a good PC baseball game, but after playing The Show, neither of the listed options is worth it to me.

EDIT: Damn Kraw must be the God of The Show. 100 runs a game.

It seems to me you may have made a mistake, and adjusted all the sliders the wrong way. Shoulda turned yours down, and the CPUs up. [/sarcasm] ;)

Oh well. To each their own.

I have played MVP 05 for five years. With alll the new modding every year. Its been a great. Last year i tried MLB2K9, it didn`t work for me.

This year i started to play MLB2K10. WOW what a great improvment. I love the game.

I think people spend more time writing about wich game is best then playing.

Play YOUR game and enjoy

EDIT: Damn Kraw must be the God of The Show. 100 runs a game.

Kraw is so full of crap postin' that BS.. Even on rookie, no human is puttin' up those kinda numbers. I play on Hall of Fame and it's challenging. There's still one more difficulty level above that. So, Kraw must be sayin' he played with default sliders on Legend difficulty and got 100+ runs a game. What a load of crap !

Kraw is so full of crap postin' that BS.. Even on rookie, no human is puttin' up those kinda numbers. I play on Hall of Fame and it's challenging. There's still one more difficulty level above that. So, Kraw must be sayin' he played with default sliders on Legend difficulty and got 100+ runs a game. What a load of crap !

Go back to searching for white hot cams fanboy

Moment you said sounds are very close between the two, this review is biased. You can blast anything about 2k10, but sound of 2k10 is equal to MVP? Move on seriously, do you really think 2k10 sound is equal to MVP? Are you kidding me?

I don't even know why your mentioning franchise mode on gameplay, because OBVIOUSLY franchise is a GAMEMODE not gameplay. Gameplay is very well made, pitching is a lot more fun than before, and hitting is pretty unique in a way, people complain because they freaking suck and don't want to change from button mashing (in this case you).

Now, after we get that franchise mode, my player mode is GAMEMODE straight, I do have to admit franchise has a lot of bugs and it's annoying, but MLB Today is brilliant and other stuff should make up for it. 6.5? SERIOUSLY?

Overall, even if your MVP fan, you obviously haven't played MLB 2k10 when you wrote this review, or you obviously just can't move on from that game. I'm not gonna lie about how well MVP has been kept after countless mods applied, but it's just time to accept the fact and move on.

I have both and gonna stick with MVP 2005.

Here is my in-depth review of the two.

GRAPHICS (PLAYERS): MVP 7.5 MLB 7.0 Too many faces not good in 2K10.

GRAPHICS (STADIUMS): MVP 9.0 MLB 6.5 Stadiums in 2K10 not as good as MVP plus crowd graphics in 2K10 are HORRIBLE.

SOUNDS: MVP 8.5 MLB 8.5 Very close between the two.

GAMEPLAY: MVP 9.0 MLB 7.5 Other than MY PLAYER 2K10 basically BLOWS only a 1 yr. Franchise mode ARE YOU FN KIDDING ME?

GAME MODES: MVP 9.5 MLB 6.5 MLB Very disappointing in my opinion.

With MVP game modes galore and also an actual Franchise Mode with more than one year.

OVERALL: MVP 8.75 MLB 7.25

GONNA play My Player on 360 2K10 and everything else on MVP for at least one more year.

Great point.

I don't think MLB 2K will ever see the same level of classic mods that we have on MVP. The reason why? We had a 4 year window where there was no other choice for PC gamers.

With other games before MVP 2005 (Triple Play, High Heat, MVP03, MVP04), modders spent the first few months cracking file formats or developing tools (e.g. DangerZ's High Heat roster editor, RGlass' MVPEdit, Fuzz' uniform editor, your Installer Thingy's, etc.) and then had about a 9 month window of mod development before everyone moved onto the new version of the game or new game altogether.

With MVP05, we were "stuck" with the same game for 4 years, which allowed the modding community to grow and allowed them to collectively pump out a lot of mods. This 4 year period also allowed the modders to hone their skills and produce some pretty impressive results. MLB2K9 and MLB2K10 only have a fraction of the number of modders that MVP had at its height.

I'm not making an argument of which game is better, just saying that no game will ever see the same number of mods that MVP had.

You OBVIOUSLY don't even know what the hell your talking about and only played MLB 2k9 it seems like. Stop arguing, your just embarrassing yourself by looking like a guy who argues like he knows what he is talking about, yet knows nothing.

* shakes head *

Enjoy MLB 2K, man.. if that's even possible.

This is the last post I'll fling in your direction. I'm not a " sony fanboy " because I prefer to play MLB The Show over MLB 2K. It seems like you're nothin' but a MLB The Show hater.

Also, I posted in the MLB 2K forum when I used to play it. Check the dates on the posts. I gave it a fair chance, but I quit playin' it because, IN MY OPINION, it still isn't up to par for 2010.

FWIW, I've been enjoying MVP since it was released, and still do. I'm playing 2K10 now and, hopefully, with a patch and roster update, I'll make it my "daily" baseball game. However, MVP will always have a place on my hard drive for the sake of 2 words - "classic mods". The fact that there are so many ultra-talented, ultra-dedicated and ultra-passionate modders for MVP who can reproduce, almost to perfection, any single season of Major League Baseball is enough for me, personally, to keep MVP installed. The ability to wake up one day and say "Damn, I wish I could play a game with the '61 Yankees and '61 Cardinals", then be able to launch a program and it's there...that's special, and I hope every time I play a classic mod that the guys who worked on it are rewarded in some way.

As for what others are playing, hey, whatever floats your boat. As tks said on page 2, "We all have our favourites and just because one expresses a different opinion doesn't mean he is wrong." I couldn't agree more. For anyone else to come in this thread and say someone else is wrong because they feel game X produces a better baseball simulation than game Y for reasons A, B and C, is ignorant, and completely ignores the basis of personal preference. We all have our own opinions, and as long as what you're playing makes you happy, whatever someone else has to say against it shouldn't bother you.

tweak your sliders

I can not stand one button hitting, that kills gameplay for me. And that is all MVP offers

Do you have any sliders to offer? Because you said 2k9 was good, and this is great. Idk what your doing, but I'd like to try what your using.

You OBVIOUSLY don't even know what the hell your talking about and only played MLB 2k9 it seems like. Stop arguing, your just embarrassing yourself by looking like a guy who argues like he knows what he is talking about, yet knows nothing.

Yea, OK.. I obviously played MLB 2K10 since I posted slider sets for it in the sub forum here. You're the one who is gonna embarrass theirself here. You have the typical mindset of a person that prefers to play MLB 2K over any other baseball video game. It's not a stable mindset.

Go back to searching for white hot cams fanboy

You're such a loser. I guess I should feel flattered you researched my life so much, but honestly, you're just proving that you have nothing better to do than research a person you're arguing with on a forum. Get a life.

By the way, you know what a lawsuit is, right ? Keep probing into my personal business and you may have to deal with one.

Well, the great Sun Tzu said "If you know both yourself and your enemy, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss." I'd say kraw has pretty good standing on that point.

While we're throwing out threats of lawsuits, you may wish to remember that you've not exactly been the shining beacon of purity here, Mike. I could highlight 2 things in your last 2 posts alone that could have you in a rather precarious legal predicament as well.

How about we all just cool it down and get back to discussing baseball gaming? :)

Well, the great Sun Tzu said "If you know both yourself and your enemy, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss." I'd say kraw has pretty good standing on that point.

While we're throwing out threats of lawsuits, you may wish to remember that you've not exactly been the shining beacon of purity here, Mike. I could highlight 2 things in your last 2 posts alone that could have you in a rather precarious legal predicament as well.

How about we all just cool it down and get back to discussing baseball gaming? :)

I agree, but Kraw mentioned the name of my internet business and whatever he did to obtain the information was probably stalker-like. I couldn't care less about him and I would never waste a minute of my time researchin' 'im, but he goes and does that ? That's not right and he needs to explain how he got that information about me.

Mike Z...

I have read just about all of your posts....Don't know why, other than I'm a sadist.

It is obvious your personality requires that you have the last word...Otherwise , you consider yourself a loser.

So...Let's try this....Tell me to go to blazes or whatever other negative statement you wish to make and then, do us all a favor....Please get lost!

To give you some comfort as you go on your way...How's this?....

MLB the Show is by far the best baseball simulation that has ever been created...

There now...Feel better??

Good!... We're happy for you. :yahoo:

"Was probably stalker-like"? I seriously doubt it. You'd be incredibly surprised what information is in the public domain about anyone, especially if you have your own business. Also, he doesn't have to explain anything. From what I can see, he did nothing illegal, and I know absolutely nothing about you. In fact, I'm still confused by his "Go back to searching for white hot cams fanboy" post - I don't get it. Why should I? I know nothing about you, and were it not for the fact that you just posted saying he mentioned the name of your internet business, I doubt anyone else would either.

Archived