2K12 Stuck On October 2Nd

jdrogers1969

• 4 weeks later...

Hey jroh88_1969, A long long time ago in a gaming world far, far away, 2K said they were going to patch this for the PC. This has not happened, so many are using a free program called Beyondo to deal with the freezing problem that happens early in October 2012. Hope this helps! Less than a month for pitchers and catchers...love it!

http://bluefive.pair.com/beyondo.htm

Well the game is running fine even on current dat however still stuck on 10/2/2012 I thought I read somewhere on here that someone has it showing the current date such as 1/24/2013

Mine shows oct2 as well. Doesn't matter if I turn the clock back or not.

So, do I still have to set my clock back, or can I just go in without doing anything other than double-clicking on the program?

You've always been able to just start the game as long as living rosters are on and your connected to the internet. I choose to use my bat file that turns the clock back, I just double click on that.

• 2 weeks later...

I went on today and my date is correct also at 2-5-13. I checked on the living roster area but it was blank. At least for some reason they have reconnected to the daily part of the game. I'll also be happy with just a patch to update the Astros and a current roster if that is all they do for the pc.

Does anyone have a solution for the PS3 version of 2K12? I got an idea/answer from KcityStar I believe a while back - but it was more for the PC version of the game. Is there a way to play the game - now it just tries to load (meaning out of the box). Any data appreciated...

Not to sound like a "Negative-Nancy," but I don't think it's a big deal the game shows the present date - it did so throughout the season, and even did so during the post-season upon downloading the Living Roster and allowing the game to synchronize. The 2012 season is over, so the date shown doesn't really matter at all. Now, if I could launch the game without having to change my system's date and play a patched, bug-free game, that would be something to get excited about.

Mercy. While many of us may share your hope, I think 2KGames/2KSports (or perhaps Visual Concepts) has shown it likely has every intention to completely abandon PC development of 2KSports titles. Even the NBA2K series is showing signs of abandonment with the 2K13 PC version lacking numerous features the console versions received.

Whether the gradual decline in sales numbers for sports games released for PC is a direct result of generally bad games, poor post-launch product support, awful or a complete lack of direct PC marketing, or a general lack of PC-specific interest in sports games as a whole is debatable. I believe PC-specific interest is there, but game publishing companies seem to be overrun with "bean-counter" administrators, who, upon seeing any decline in sales, explore harsh cut-backs and/or cancellation instead of seeking solutions to the cause(s) of sales decline. Fact: it's often far easier (cheaper) to cancel something than it is to fix it.

I believe PC gamers view gaming titles with a greater level of scrutiny (in general) than console gamers. When a PC game shows shortcomings, PC gamers rarely sugarcoat their reports about them, and a game's success potential can waver severely. Basic market research has shown that each person a company pleases will tell only one other person about that experience. However, for each person a company displeases, that person will tell as many as ten others about the disappointing experience.

PC gamers expect their higher-performing hardware to deliver a better overall gaming experience than a console can provide. While 2K has never done anything to specifically promote the PC versions of their titles, other companies have begun to increasingly tout the increased level of detail and greater resolution capabilities of the PC versions of their cross-platform titles, with some of them offering PC-only features/extras. As a result of ignoring trends and expectations, any failure of a 2KSports title on the PC lies entirely with 2KSports itself. 2KGames' PC titles are very successful overall, yet 2KSports' PC releases are not.

• 3 months later...