Rbi Baseball Coming Back

gotribematt

Not to many details yet but RBI baseball will be out on consoles and mobile devices no word on PC unless that would count in mobile devices.

Here's a link to the story

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/14/5310052/r-b-i-baseball-14-major-league-baseball-xbox-playstation-current-next-gen-mobile

Being made by the MLB advanced media will at least keep tabs on it

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This news made my day until I read that it was for every possible platform BUT pc. It pisses me off when you read articles saying stuff like "Since 2K's MLB series was retired, XBox users have been left without a baseball game". What about PC users? Anyway, I really wanna see where this goes, it's gonna be interesting.

This news made my day until I read that it was for every possible platform BUT pc. It pisses me off when you read articles saying stuff like "Since 2K's MLB series was retired, XBox users have been left without a baseball game". What about PC users? Anyway, I really wanna see where this goes, it's gonna be interesting.

I agree. It would have been interesting to see this on PC.

well both i suppose :) but modding the game that much would be more interesting. the player animations look identical to mvp. graphics are the only thing i see that have been enhanced, thus it'd be nice for us to learn how to enhance our game like that. i don't recall anyone buying out the EA license so im not totally sure how they went about this. but from everything I can see in the videos, it's just a suped up mvp 2005.

I'm curious to see how this turns out. I used to play R.B.I. baseball for NES and would keep hand written stats so I could know how my players were doing. What a long way we have come...lol

And I thought I was the only one who did that. I used to buy notebooks and keep stats for this game. Too bad I threw them out. They would have been fun to read again.

And I thought I was the only one who did that. I used to buy notebooks and keep stats for this game. Too bad I threw them out. They would have been fun to read again.

Y4L, you will love my MLB 13 The Show Franchise I will be posting sometime in the near future then.

I downloaded an app on my phone that will score a baseball game for you, and then in the end, spit out the scorecard in graphical format.

A lot of developers forget about the PC, its kinda sad.I think all games have more potential on PC. For example MVP 05 with no mods looked better than the console. But i do really hope this inst some arcadey baseball game, cause i bought an Xbox One

I (sadly) agree with that wholeheartedly, as well as all of what was said above. Does it really cost that much for developers to release a porting version of a game for PC? I really don't care if it doesn't have next gen/HD graphics. It's kinda sad to know that they would rather release a Wii version...

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose we got to ask the Koreans how they like it. And that's one thing I don't understand. Why would EA make this game just for Korea?

I'm a U.S. expat living abroad in Korea, so I can shine some light on this game.

Apparently there is an EA branch in Korea, that's why it's only for Korea.

It's an online game but you have to make an account just to play. In order to make the account you need to be a citizen of Korea or

a registered alien like myself. Stupid I know, but that's the way they do most things here. Account for EVERYTHING!

Actually, I never played the game I've only seen the videos, my laptop is too outdated to play it. However, from what I've seen the Korean stadiums are extremely accurate representations of the real things! Unfortunately, except for maybe 3 stadiums here, the rest are just 15,000 seat cookie cutters. But baseball is really catching on and Korea will open it's first dome in 2 years and the 2nd American-style ballpark will open this season in southern South Korea.

Anyway, I teach English to baseball-loving middle school boys and I can't really find anyone who has heard of this game! Considering that PC gaming is the biggest way they spend their free-time when not studying it doesn't sound like this game is too popular.

I also recommend a free android Korean baseball game called "Perfect Inning 2013." I WISH we had something like this for MLB! Awesome graphics, fun simulation-style gameplay and real stadiums, players, chants, etc.

My hobby is following Japanese and Korean baseball so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm on a quest to see every Japanese stadium (which rival MLB stadiums in terms of quality) and I'll finish this year!