2014 Official Mlb Game Thread

Kccitystar

Cleveland521.jpg

Home plate umpire Tim Timmons motions for Asdrubal Cabrera, who was on third, to take his base after Detroit Tigers relief pitcher Al Alburquerque balked with the bases loaded in the 13th inning of a baseball game, Wednesday, May 21, 2014, in Cleveland. Ryan Raburn, right, turns toward the dugout to celebrate. The Indians defeated the Tigers 11-10.

Sean Rodriguez is today's hero in Major League Baseball. Click on the picture to get the full-sized version.

Tampa Bay Rays' pinch hitter Sean Rodriguez hits a three-run homer off Boston Rex reliever Craig Breslow during the seventh inning of a baseball game Sunday, May 25, 2014 in St. Petersburg, Fla.

I think I can beat that.

Here's a quiz for all of you. What do the Red Sox like to do when they are going through a losing streak?

If you answered "pick a fight with the other team for no reason" you are right! So grab another hot dog off the grill because you deserve it. :)

Here's what happened: Yesterday the Tampa Bay Rays scored five runs in the bottom of the seventh inning to break a 3 - 3 tie and in that same inning Yunel Escobar took third base on defensive indifference while Tampa held that five-run lead. The Red Sox bench didn't like that so instead of getting upset with themselves that they let Tampa put a five-spot on them after they fought back to tie the game they picked a fight with Escobar, since it was his fault that Boston was in that 8 - 3 hole.

It was a five-run lead where anything could happen. Take Saturday's game for example. Boston scored five runs in the first and then watched the Rays tie the game and win it in fifteen innings. And this happened literally less than twenty-four hours before this fight. The Red Sox started this fight because they must have figured that at least they'd have half a chance to win it with Ortiz on their side.

Boston Strong?? I guess so. :D

SoxTBFight.jpg

It bothers me that whenever I go to mlb.com to check the highlights of the Yankees previous game I have to watch Carlos Beltran doing a 5-hour energy ad in which he claims:

- After 16 years in the majors, I know winning takes something extra

Well, first of all, with all the steroid and doping allegations going around baseball, who was the genious that came up with this line? I really would have liked to be present at the meeting where someone said: 'Let's promote our drink around baseball by saying this is something extra'.

Second: Dear Carlos, I know we were supposed to get you 7 years ago, so it's not like we didn't see the injuries coming. But hey, if that 5 hour crap is so good, and really is an extra, use the damn thing and get back on the field!

Guess who's poor little wrist is hurting him again? And if any of you out there say "Mark Teixeira" you are right.

Screw this guy.

He's been surprisingly productive when he's played. I guess the bumps and bruises are just something we'll have to live with, given his age.

Besides, I can't dislike the guy as much as you do, he's got Portuguese roots :D

I was just reading last night's game recap on the 'Pinstriped Alley' and this phrase stuck with me:
"John Ryan Murphy continued to Wally Pipp Francisco Cervelli with a single and two RBI."

Wally Pipp someone is a hell of a way to put it, hahahaha. Does anyone else find this funny, or is it just me?

I was just reading last night's game recap on the 'Pinstriped Alley' and this phrase stuck with me:

"John Ryan Murphy continued to Wally Pipp Francisco Cervelli with a single and two RBI."

Wally Pipp someone is a hell of a way to put it, hahahaha. Does anyone else find this funny, or is it just me?

I think it's funny too. Cervelli's had enough chances and he just can't stay healthy. Let him go somewhere else so he can get injured again for another three month stretch for a different team.

I think it's funny too. Cervelli's had enough chances and he just can't stay healthy. Let him go somewhere else so he can get injured again for another three month stretch for a different team.

The problem is if any team wants to take him on :D