Kccitystar

Official 2K15 Thread

It's about that time for work on the definitive version of MLB2K15.

As it is due for release later this summer, I've got the following completed, some with association from raidersbball20:

Entire American League + Spring Training Unis (woooooo)
Global.iff (still looking to swap some cleats/gloves around, possibly from the previous MLB2K games)
Titlepage/english.iff stuff

Still to do:
2K15 Overlay
Recoloring of logos
Possible in-game text editing
Stadiums
Total Portraits
Possible Audio

As this is going to be a big project, somewhat, I think it's good to keep a release *window* over a date.

Thanks for your great work on this game, the only one left for PC. I was just wondering if you could do anything with the shoes, we've been playing with them for ages. Any new model for the Adidas or Nike, or any other change that is possible.

I think you know where I fit in! I plan to do the Spring Training/Minor League stadiums when finished with the MLB teams. College is out for summer so I'll have more time.

I think you know where I fit in! I plan to do the Spring Training/Minor League stadiums when finished with the MLB teams. College is out for summer so I'll have more time.

​Also wanted to add to this - fellow (experienced preferably) modders who could provide help would be cool too if you felt so inclined. 

​Are there classic stadiums in 2k12?

​Are there classic stadiums in 2k12?

​Unfortunately, 2K12 only has the Polo Grounds in terms of classic stadiums.

Just reached out to exrxixxx for his talent in making this thing happen. If he doesn't come back I'll just modify the CSN overlay, I guess.

As far as the audio goes, the mods that have been posted on this site already are all we can mod (and they are all pretty much final versions), unless someone wants to take a shot at improving the various ambient sounds and noises, because I wouldn't know where to start with that. If DYosua can come up with a new version of the audio modding tool, which would allow us to play and replace the commentators' lines as well, that would be great, but for the moment I'm afraid we are stuck.

What we could still add:

-New home run horns for the remaining teams (I still need help with those)

-New soundtrack for the game

Everyone, feel free to point out any way to improve the existing sound mods in the support thread or by contacting me via pm, because I'd like to make them as realistic as possible, and comments/tips can only make everything better :)

Wishful thinking is if someone can figure out how to edit the english.iff file without having it crash

*uses admin ninja powers*

Stay within the discussion, folks.

As far as the audio goes, the mods that have been posted on this site already are all we can mod (and they are all pretty much final versions), unless someone wants to take a shot at improving the various ambient sounds and noises, because I wouldn't know where to start with that. If DYosua can come up with a new version of the audio modding tool, which would allow us to play and replace the commentators' lines as well, that would be great, but for the moment I'm afraid we are stuck.

What we could still add:

-New home run horns for the remaining teams (I still need help with those)

-New soundtrack for the game

Everyone, feel free to point out any way to improve the existing sound mods in the support thread or by contacting me via pm, because I'd like to make them as realistic as possible, and comments/tips can only make everything better :)

​I think you have done an awesome job on the audio files. I can't begin to tell you how much it has enhanced the game for me. It's so much more of an authentic playing experience with real and current stadium music. So thank you! I do however believe we are far from stuck and there is always a way to edit things even further (with the right talent). Just look at what they have accomplished with NBA2K12-14...they have modded physics, player models, animations, etc. We may have missed the best opportunity to snag some of the best modding talent when the game was still available for purchase but I do have some ideas brewing in regards to that issue so stay tuned on that. 

I am excited to see what comes from a total conversion mod and will be happy to contribute with the roster or any other way I can.I know that Pena1 mentioned hew was updating the accessories in his profile status update on May12 ...but not sure if he has been heard from since?  I would also LOVE to see if we can mod the loading sound about Justin Verlander. I can't tell you how many times I have heard that! :crazy:

This year's cover athlete or MLB2K15 is Corey Kluber, maintaining the tradition of keeping pitchers on the cover

BSU-FAN, have you convinced any modders of the nba2k games to work on mlb2k? If so, hopefully they figure out how to change the game code, so arm tattoos become an option to include and mod like you can for nba.

This year's cover athlete or MLB2K15 is Corey Kluber, maintaining the tradition of keeping pitchers on the cover

​ME LIKE ME LIKE
FIRST EVER ROBOT ON THE COVER

CYKLUBER

​I think you have done an awesome job on the audio files. I can't begin to tell you how much it has enhanced the game for me. It's so much more of an authentic playing experience with real and current stadium music. So thank you! I do however believe we are far from stuck and there is always a way to edit things even further (with the right talent). Just look at what they have accomplished with NBA2K12-14...they have modded physics, player models, animations, etc. We may have missed the best opportunity to snag some of the best modding talent when the game was still available for purchase but I do have some ideas brewing in regards to that issue so stay tuned on that. 

I am excited to see what comes from a total conversion mod and will be happy to contribute with the roster or any other way I can.I know that Pena1 mentioned hew was updating the accessories in his profile status update on May12 ...but not sure if he has been heard from since?  I would also LOVE to see if we can mod the loading sound about Justin Verlander. I can't tell you how many times I have heard that! :crazy:

​Thank you for your kind words! If someone could figure out a way to "unlock" the Audio Editor, then we'd be good to go! We could maybe even change the Justin Verlander line at the beginning, which I wasn't able to find after the countless hours spent rummaging through the audio files of the game. Oh and I'm sure we're not stuck on the other categories, I was just referring to what concerns my field of modding :p

Guys, I'm definitely excited about this :)

​Thank you for your kind words! If someone could figure out a way to "unlock" the Audio Editor, then we'd be good to go! We could maybe even change the Justin Verlander line at the beginning, which I wasn't able to find after the countless hours spent rummaging through the audio files of the game. Oh and I'm sure we're not stuck on the other categories, I was just referring to what concerns my field of modding :p

Guys, I'm definitely excited about this :)

Aces any chance for an official 2k15 soundtrack?

Aces any chance for an official 2k15 soundtrack?

Heck yes! ;) I'm already working on something, but like I mentioned in a similar topic, I would like the soundtrack to have at least one song picked by each modder who helped building the full package. If you guys don't like this idea then I might just put something together myself and release it with the full package when the time comes

Heck yes! ;) I'm already working on something, but like I mentioned in a similar topic, I would like the soundtrack to have at least one song picked by each modder who helped building the full package. If you guys don't like this idea then I might just put something together myself and release it with the full package when the time comes

I am open to whatever. I just appreciate your mods. KCcitystar is like command center for this thing so maybe he will chime in.

I am open to whatever. I just appreciate your mods. KCcitystar is like command center for this thing so maybe he will chime in.

​Man I am READY. I've been curating the MVP 15 soundtrack for Patch 2 (otherwise known to me as the player's choice patch) and I wouldn't mind including some more tracks for 2K15.

the joys i would get out of listening to a playlist like that :)

How about an all 80's New Wave soundtrack with WHAM, Culture Club,  Oingo Boingo, Flock of Seagulls, Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran, Tears For Fears, Depeche Mode, Erasure, The Cure, Madness, New Order, Psychedelic Furs, Echo and The Bunnymen, OMD, Corey Hart, Adam Ant, Billy Idol, The Cult, Dead or Alive, The English Beat, Human League, Thompson Twins, Information Society, Jesus and Mary Chain, Modern English, Til' Tuesday, Howard Jones, The Police, Simple Minds, Siouxsiee and The Banshees, Talking Heads, Stone Roses, The Specials.

No wait, this is supposed to be a baseball game soundtrack.... :angry:

I think the internet just blew up after that post ;)

Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma Chameleon!!

Nah. I like 80s music and other genres. But I thoroughly enjoy, and mostly listen to old rockabilly and old country-western music because my parents and other family members listened to it as was growin up.

Just an update. All 2015 jerseys are updated minus the Dbacks.  Kccitystar is working on those. KC's 2014 releases of the Red Sox and Yankees are current for 2015 if anyone is wondering.  I am going to start working on some portrait headshots for 2015 for BSU's v6 roster.  

When I get home from Australia I'll be working on stadiums again.. Not too many left. Lot of work to be done though.. There's many to be done all over again.

2015 Los Angeles Angels BSU-FAN v6 roster portraits.    Nieuwenhius went back to the Mets so he is updated accordingly.

angels.png

2015 Houston Astros BSU v6

astros.png

maaaaaan I just wrapped up the Astros roster list!

sxlLu5s.png