Question About MVP 2005

RevanFan

So, I got MVP 2005 in the mail today (thanks again to the user who sent it to me), but I can't get it to work. I installed it, but when I tried to run it, it says "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application". I tried running it as an administrator, and running it in XP compatibility mode. Does anyone have any suggestions?

So, I got MVP 2005 in the mail today (thanks again to the user who sent it to me), but I can't get it to work. I installed it, but when I tried to run it, it says "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application". I tried running it as an administrator, and running it in XP compatibility mode. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Which OS are you running? 7? If it's 7 or later, there is a thread in regards to an issue that might have broken older games.

That wasn't the issue. I had this issue before I downloaded that update. After downloading that update, the game just did nothing. I fixed that, but it still tells me to put in the correct disk, even though the correct disk is in.

That wasn't the issue. I had this issue before I downloaded that update. After downloading that update, the game just did nothing. I fixed that, but it still tells me to put in the correct disk, even though the correct disk is in.

Hmm...strange. What OS are you using, and specifically, did you follow the guide posted in the support forums? MVP tends to have issues if you run it from the program files folder.

Hmm...strange. What OS are you using, and specifically, did you follow the guide posted in the support forums? MVP tends to have issues if you run it from the program files folder.

I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise. I was not aware of the guide, and as I just read it, I saw that it is better to install it to a folder other than Program Files. I doubt it will help, but I will try uninstalling it and reinstalling it to the folder recommended in the guide tomorrow.

I think my knowledge of computers has evolved beyond that. I've been using them for 18 years. That was the first thing I checked. Thanks, though.

Probably so but you would be surprised at how many times this actually has happened around here. I remember one guy about eight years back who thought he had to re-install the game each time he wanted to play it. True story.

I am not to sure what is going on with you though. This shouldn't be an issue at all.