MVP not starting after Windows 7 9-8-15 Updates

Gordo

I know this topic is kinda old now but I finally got a copy of the game and installed per kccitystars instructions. The game at first gave me the administrator issue, fixed that with the registry edit but now when the game loads it just says it has stopped working. Not sure what to do from here, I have attached a screenshot as well.

image.thumb.png.7733d609e4b790227394606d18e91c37.png

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I installed from the dics following kccitystars guide but I have now figured it out. I had to disable my SLI configuration as well as shut off my secondary monitor so that the cpu does not recognize it. Thanks for the quick response though gordo.

thanks ill try that if i can ever get the game to work again. After not getting 15 to work i completely uninstalled the game and all traces of it from user data as well as the left over easports folder and reinstalled and now it will not work at all so I am at a crossroads

I tried as you suggested, i uninstalled everything, ran Ccleaner and then did a fresh install with patch 3 and still getting the mvp2005.exe has stopped working error. It will show the screen with roger clemons as it starts to load then the screen flickers and I get the error.

• 4 months later...

So I don't know what to do here. Running Win10 Home, Asus core i7 laptop with Geforce GTX 850m. Did the registry edit, rebooted, game does not run. Clean install from CDs, patched to last patch (as the install guide here said). When I double-click I get the spinning circle a couple of times and then nothing.

I was able to run the game on my old Dell Inspiron 600m somewhat (processor is below what's required) but I'd like to not have to break out a 13 year old laptop to run one game.

Thanks in advance.

16 minutes ago, Aaron G said:

So I don't know what to do here. Running Win10 Home, Asus core i7 laptop with Geforce GTX 850m. Did the registry edit, rebooted, game does not run. Clean install from CDs, patched to last patch (as the install guide here said). When I double-click I get the spinning circle a couple of times and then nothing.

I know exactly where you need to start and it's not here. This thread is about problems running the game under Windows 7. The subject of the thread should have been self explanatory.

There is however a Windows 10 thread in the forums that goes into detail problems some people have run up against in that operating system.

25 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

I know exactly where you need to start and it's not here. This thread is about problems running the game under Windows 7. The subject of the thread should have been self explanatory.

There is however a Windows 10 thread in the forums that goes into detail problems some people have run up against in that operating system.

Had multiple tabs open and picked the wrong one. My bad.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just bought this game from yard sale cheap and installed on my windows 7 machine - can run the game without a problem. I would like to update the rosters to this year. how many mods are there for me to download to get to the '19 rosters and such.  appreciate it.

Here's basically what you want to do.  (I'm not including the MVPCaribe uploads here):

1.  Install the game and apply official patch #3.  This will be your "base" install from which you can have many other versions of the game.

2.  Copy this "base" folder and rename it to anything you like.

3.  Grab one of the total conversion mods ... MVP 15 was the last, and some had trouble running it.  If you don't like it you can repeat the process with one of the earlier versions.  Follow the instructions to install to that copied folder, it's not difficult.

4. The latest rosters typically will crash if you don't install the latest cyberfaces.  Otherwise, you'll have to convert all of the custom faces to one of the generic numbers (901-915).  There is no full pack of cyberfaces .. you'll have to go through and download them.

5. Install the latest rosters with the instructions on the page..... again, not difficult.

6. PM me for more details and instructions before you do step #4.

On 12/16/2018 at 10:36 PM, Aaron G said:

I was able to run the game on my old Dell Inspiron 600m somewhat (processor is below what's required) but I'd like to not have to break out a 13 year old laptop to run one game.

Thanks in advance.

The game uses a disk verification method (Safedisc/SecuROM) that has been discontinued in Windows 10 and patched out on all of the OS'es below 10.

3 hours ago, GoRedSox34 said:

Since I own the game LEGALLY but have Windows 10, I run it with no problems ......... I know that it's not supposed to be discussed for people who don't own the game but many of us actually do.

Now look, if you knew that we could not discuss these kind of things in here why did you do it? This is covered very clearly in the rules of the website. It's the fifth rule I believe if you want to go and check it out. You have been here twelve years now so you should know this really cannot be talked about. That's all I want to say about this. Have a good evening.

On 10/25/2019 at 10:58 AM, Gordo said:

Here's basically what you want to do.  (I'm not including the MVPCaribe uploads here):

1.  Install the game and apply official patch #3.  This will be your "base" install from which you can have many other versions of the game.

2.  Copy this "base" folder and rename it to anything you like.

3.  Grab one of the total conversion mods ... MVP 15 was the last, and some had trouble running it.  If you don't like it you can repeat the process with one of the earlier versions.  Follow the instructions to install to that copied folder, it's not difficult.

4. The latest rosters typically will crash if you don't install the latest cyberfaces.  Otherwise, you'll have to convert all of the custom faces to one of the generic numbers (901-915).  There is no full pack of cyberfaces .. you'll have to go through and download them.

5. Install the latest rosters with the instructions on the page..... again, not difficult.

6. PM me for more details and instructions before you do step #4.

I Have installed patch 3 and installed MVP 15 mod conversion.

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site. I just bought and received a copy of MVP 05 a week ago and I have a quick question about it on Windows 7. After reading through this thread, I decided to just delete that one Windows update from 9/8/15, and the game worked fine. My question is whether or not there is an advantage for using the regedit workaround? Is there a risk using the regedit work around? I figure that it's best to keep the update since there is a suitable workaround, but I could be wrong.

Also, I'm almost illiterate when it comes to computers, so apologies for any stupid questions. Thank you!

I think this thread got a bit off the rails, but I think the original indication here was that update was predominantly focusing on what caused this problem.  You'll have to look up the original purpose of that update and decide if this is something you actually need or not.  I don't use my Win 7 computer for much other than MVP baseball any longer and have found no ill outcomes. 

Ultimately, no one can tell you what to do on your own computer.

Archived