ISIS and what you think should be done about them.

Yankee4Life

3 hours ago, PunchBro said:

Yeah, I'm sticking to baseball modding on this site. If I want to argue with idiots anymore I'll go on reddit.

We can have opposing views, but calling people "idiots" around here will get you nothing. 

The Anonymous story did pique my interest when it came out.  This is one thing I can have no bones about supporting them on, though I'll never see them to thank them.

5 minutes ago, Padres67 said:

How does that work for the female suicide bomber, does she get 72 male virgins or female virgins.?

Good question. Well, I'm sure they must have filled her in on that during her sign-up process to become a terrorist.

I've been keeping up with this news by going to CNN and other news sites. What I find incredible is the story that some Muslims are condemning what happened in Paris. Sure they are.

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

What I find incredible is the story that some Muslims are condemning what happened in Paris. Sure they are.

Why is that so hard to believe?  You can't condemn an entire group of people because of the actions of a subset of that group.  

Here's an example to illustrate this point:  We've all heard the horrific stories about Catholic priests molesting children in the past.  By your logic, I shouldn't believe any of my Catholic friends who are outraged by this.  Because they are Catholic, they must be in support of this.  See what I mean?

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

Why is that so hard to believe?  You can't condemn an entire group of people because of the actions of a subset of that group.  

Here's an example to illustrate this point:  We've all heard the horrific stories about Catholic priests molesting children in the past.  By your logic, I shouldn't believe any of my Catholic friends who are outraged by this.  Because they are Catholic, they must be in support of this.  See what I mean?

Obama doesn't have a problem blaming all republicans or law abiding gun owners.  Can you say double standard??

20 minutes ago, tomk30816 said:

Obama doesn't have a problem blaming all republicans or law abiding gun owners.  Can you say double standard??

What exactly is your point and how is it relevant to this discussion?  Was it an easy way to get in a little Obama-bashing? 

No, you're correct, Jim.  You can't condemn an entire group based on a subset.  But you also cannot blame those being victimized for having heightened sensitivity around those who come from that same culture.  This is why profiling IS a necessary and useful tool.  The US and other targeted nations cannot afford to be lax in this matter.  Actually, for some reason there is a subset in our own government that does not seem to take this threat to the level of seriousness that it is.  Obama is due for his criticism on how he has (or has not) handled this matter over the past 2 years.  It is very suspect, combined with the other seemingly connected actions, especially the trading of the 5 terrorists for a proven deserter.  It's all very curious and, quite frankly, disturbing.

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

What exactly is your point and how is it relevant to this discussion?  Was it an easy way to get in a little Obama-bashing? 

I bash Obama every time I get a chance, just like he bashes republicans and gun owners.  That's my point!!  It is relevant to this conversation, because he has sided with moslems and done little if nothing to protect us from being the next target for ISIS.  If it is not obvious to you, then you like many of Obama supporters can't see the truth.

In no way am I saying that there isn't or shouldn't be heightened sensitivity or scrutiny.  I'm just saying that it's not fair to make blanket statements.  Of course, that's easy for me to say.  I'm not in Paris or Lebanon and didn't lose a loved one in last week's attacks.  I can understand why people directly involved or affected would feel that way.  I just think it's dangerous to make generalized statements.

3 hours ago, Jim825 said:

No.

No one's condemning all the Catholics here. Certain priests that did these things are being targeted here and rightfully so. That goes without saying. But we are not talking about all of the Catholics here (I'm one by the way) but rather only those small handful of priests. In this case you know what to look for.

Not so fast with the Muslims. You can't tell a good one from a bad one and I don't want to find out. I think the Muslims that speak out against what other Muslims are doing are trying to divert attention away from what happened. They know more about what went on then they'll admit.

Some people won't agree with this and that's fine. But that group of people have earned the right never to be trusted again. I don't want it like this but then again I don't go around killing people.

6 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

In no way am I saying that there isn't or shouldn't be heightened sensitivity or scrutiny.  I'm just saying that it's not fair to make blanket statements.  Of course, that's easy for me to say.  I'm not in Paris or Lebanon and didn't lose a loved one in last week's attacks.  I can understand why people directly involved or affected would feel that way.  I just think it's dangerous to make generalized statements.

Jim what if this happened next here in the U.S.? It would be awful, right? There would also be a pretty good chance you would know one of the victims directly or indirectly. You'd be so mad you'd never want to walk into a 7-11 again. :angry:

57 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Tell that to Obama.  Have you forgotten about the Boston bombing, already?  Islam does not want to co-exist with Christianity or our Constitution law.   There was a poll taken in the US where 50+ percent of moslems in America preferred Sharia law over out laws.  If that be the case, they should go back to the shitholes they came from.  They can have all the sharia law they want.  Secondly, why aren't other Arab countries taking in the Syrian "refugees"?  This mass exodus to Europe by these "refugees" is nothing more then a TROJAN horse.

2 minutes ago, tomk30816 said:

Tell that to Obama.  Have you forgotten about the Boston bombing, already?  Islam does not want to co-exist with Christianity or our Constitution law.   There eas a poll taken in the US where 50+ percent of moslems in America preferred Sharia law over out laws.  If that be the case, they should go back to the shitholes they came from.  They can have all the sharia law they want.  Secondly, why aren't other Arab countries taking in the Syrian "refugees"?  This mass exodus to Europe by these "refugees" is nothing more then a TROJAN horse.

Damn I never knew this. They want to come here and have their laws instead of ours? Yeah, right. Before long they'll want Arabic as the official language of the U.S.

And that's a good point. Why don't the other Arab countries stepping up to take these people? Oh I know why!! Then those so-called refugees won't have anything to blow up or anyone to kill if they go there.

27 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Damn I never knew this. They want to come here and have their laws instead of ours? Yeah, right. Before long they'll want Arabic as the official language of the U.S.

And that's a good point. Why don't the other Arab countries stepping up to take these people? Oh I know why!! Then those so-called refugees won't have anything to blow up or anyone to kill if they go there.

There is a lot of information not being reported by the lame stream media.  Every one of the major networks has a member working in the Obama administration, through the various government agencies.  The lame stream media is no longer a creditable news source, they have become a lapdog for this administration.  Many articles of information are posted through Facebook and some is disinformation.  You need to read and disseminate for yourself. 

3 minutes ago, tomk30816 said:

There is a lot of information not being reported by the lame stream media.  Every one of the major networks has a member working in the Obama administration, through the various government agencies.  The lame stream media is no longer a creditable news source, they have become a lapdog for this administration.  Many articles of information are posted through Facebook and some is disinformation.  You need to read and disseminate for yourself. 

Thank you.

Serves me right for not knowing a damn thing about politics.

19 hours ago, Gordo said:

We can have opposing views, but calling people "idiots" around here will get you nothing. 

Meanwhile calling people "libtards" is perfectly acceptable eh?

What tomk30816 did by replying to my comment with "typical liberal response" is called Polemics, and it's used in this case to deflect my points without making any real counterpoints to the debate. I love the "Obama derr-herrr-derrrr" comments as well, very poignant. I'd pay good money to watch him debate Donald Trump and see who walks away with the most audacious comments award. Jim825, I appreciate your application of reason and actually adding some rational thoughts to this.

55 minutes ago, PunchBro said:

What tomk30816 did by replying to my comment with "typical liberal response" is called Polemics, and it's used in this case to deflect my points without making any real counterpoints to the debate. I love the "Obama derr-herrr-derrrr" comments as well, very poignant. I'd pay good money to watch him debate Donald Trump and see who walks away with the most audacious comments award. Jim825, I appreciate your application of reason and actually adding some rational thoughts to this.

I have to say the that I haven't posted in a while but I have been reading alot of the recent posts. How can you NOT know the difference between the word "liberal" and idiot?

3 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Not so fast with the Muslims. You can't tell a good one from a bad one and I don't want to find out. I think the Muslims that speak out against what other Muslims are doing are trying to divert attention away from what happened. They know more about what went on then they'll admit.

Honestly though, I have to Y4L has made just about every point I have on this topic. This one maybe the best. Some people doing attacks in Israel-which has a large sample size so its a great example- have been done by Arabs who work, like most people in the world, for a normal employer, and then one day they kill people.

54 minutes ago, PunchBro said:

I thought you left and ran over to reddit?

1 hour ago, PunchBro said:

You have no points and I have made several viable points in several of my comments.  I was deflecting nothing, only pointing out what liberals do when they have no defense.  Secondly, I retorted with libtard to stoop to your level so we are on the same level.

Here's the latest. A new ISIS video warns of an impending attack on New York City. At this point I view these warnings as just as bad as the actual deed. 

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie said this week that his state would not accept those Syrian refugees including those as young as five years old. You want to know why?  Take a look at this video. And after that let me ask you this. Would you like to have one of these junior jihadi bastards in the same day care as your kid? I don't want to think about.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this for a few hours until cooler heads can prevail.  this is part of the reason why we've had issues with discussing topics like this in the past.  i'm all for the discussion if that's what everyone wants to do, but the name calling needs to stop.  i don't care who started it.  if you continue to do so, you're only propagating it.  

thank you to those of you who can carry on an intellectual discussion on this topic.  for those of you who are letting your emotions get the best of you, i'll refer you to KC's first post in this thread so that you don't ruin it for everyone else.

i'll hand this thread over to KC to reopen when he deems that it's time.  until then, have a good night everyone and feel free to enjoy any of the other discussions on this site.