Is there a fix for running game?

Lutek

There is a date fix/patch somewhere and I'm sure I have seen it in the downloads somewhere, but before it was put out there was a manual hack for it that had to do with the date on your system if I remember correctly. It seemed like you had to change that, but the date would refresh at startup on your pc....leaving 2k to operate still under the "fake" date. Maybe try to Google for a date hack for 2k12, but I don't know why the date patch wouldn't work for you. Perhaps you just applied the official game patch and not the actual "date patch", which was really a mod that came out after support from 2k had ceased.

Wish I could be more helpful, but I have the steam version now and it works fine without the hack and I haven't had to worry with that for some time.

Good luck!

Well, I installed patch 1.2.0 which should fix that error from what I know. And I don't have legal copy of this game, so maybe this is why? Patch changes mlb2k12.exe which require CD-Key so I have to use cracked one, which seems to doesn't work.

So you say that I have to buy game which got abandoned by 2ksports? There's no way to get it on steam or from normal shop and I don't want to pay horrendous price for game+another horrendous price for shipping to my country so I get used one from e-bay.

They spit you in face and u still want to some kinda support them, lol.

I use Beyondo to set my date to 2012. Pick a day in 2012 that was in the regular season such as July 16, 2012.  Use the Autoquit to reset the date back to the real time. Select enough time to start the game, such as 2 minutes or more. After the game starts the clock will reset.

Look for the Older Stuff. Works for Win 7 and Win 10.

http://bluefive.pairsite.com/free_computer_software.htm

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

when I exit the game ,all the time,after a little while the network on my pc does not work ,I have to restart the pc,anyone experienced that?

(I, m positive it's because I changed date to 2012,so even if I changed back to actual time after exiting the game the pc needs a restart )

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 11:38 AM, Lutek said:

Changing everytime year on 2012 just to get a possibility to run game is uncomfortable, does anyone made fix on that?

The only way to fix the date problem is to have the game patched via the offline patch in the link below.

Keep in mind that this is for the PC-DVD version of the game and not the Steam copy which automatically updates itself:

http://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/7932-official-mlb-2k12-patch/

If this patch does not work for your game then there isn't much to do in terms of a workaround.

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2018 at 6:46 PM, Kccitystar said:

We don't do that here. Rule #5 of the site guidelines explicitly prohibit uploading .exe files let alone cracks.

http://www.mvpmods.com/guidelines/

Unfortunately I'm going to have to suspend you for breaking site rules. See you in two weeks.

I'm curious as to where to find a legit version. I've looked on Amazon, Steam, even eBay, as well as Googling around for a legit copy and no dice. Am I too late to the game?

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

1 hour ago, WiillKlep said:

I'm curious as to where to find a legit version. I've looked on Amazon, Steam, even eBay, as well as Googling around for a legit copy and no dice. Am I too late to the game?

Thank you for any suggestions you may have.

Keep trying on Amazon and eBay. Someone is always putting one up for sale. I always see them.

Archived