MVP Modding Showcase

dennisjames71

Hello All,

I wanted to create primarily a screenshot thread to highlight Total Classics, Total Conversions and maybe sneak in a few MLB 2K and The Show with classic rosters.  I'll try to present on a regular basis some work from projects I'm doing for fun or just basic stadium/uniform mods that I've done.  I've always been a visual person and I hope you enjoy some of these images and ideas.

-DENNIS

For the Total Classics 1939 Mod; I created the 1937 Cincinnati Tigers Negro League teams and I have them playing against the Cincinnati Reds here in Crosley Field.

jAgyfAA.jpg

67dd7cM.jpgyMc6GfJ.jpgtWnPMMM.jpgvn1ih3P.jpg

The Cincinnati Reds at Yankee Stadium for a game of the 1939 World Series.  From rare, color footage of the 1939 Series in Yankee stadium I changed the GEM blade sign to reflect that.

o9Gkp4s.jpg

Xpbk30i.png

YOUTUBE-1939 World Series Color Footage

After a two-year long worldwide tour to display his modding skills and to train hundreds of thousands of other students  in the fine art of uniform making and stadium creating, Dennis James has come back to his home here at Mvpmods to give us a glimpse of his latest artistry.

I just have three words to say to you Dennis.

I.WANT.THEM!!!

Please upload them. Please! Please! I'll take anything even a redone 2x Red Sox hat from the 1927 mod. :D

I don't think I am begging too much. I think. But that negro league team and the updated Yankee Stadium and those uniforms....WOW.

1 hour ago, Gordo said:

I think these are nice, but the wide screen makes it look cartoony, if you know what I mean.

Actually it's the Photoshop filters I used on the screenshots to give them a unique look that I wanted to capture; that give them that look I suppose.  I prefer running the game at 1920 x 1200 and I have a hard time visually trying to go back to the 4:3 ratio.  By the way, thank you so much for your rosters for MVP again this year.  :-)

32 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Thanks man!  So here's what Schmidt would look like in the 4:3 rez (with a couple of softening filters):

Wow, that looks pretty good. It looks pretty realistic.  I'm gonna play around with some more filters for this little screenshot exhibition and see what I come up with.  

18 hours ago, dennisjames71 said:

Hello All,

I wanted to create primarily a screenshot thread to highlight Total Classics, Total Conversions and maybe sneak in a few MLB 2K and The Show with classic rosters.  I'll try to present on a regular basis some work from projects I'm doing for fun or just basic stadium/uniform mods that I've done.  I've always been a visual person and I hope you enjoy some of these images and ideas.

-DENNIS

For the Total Classics 1939 Mod; I created the 1937 Cincinnati Tigers Negro League teams and I have them playing against the Cincinnati Reds here in Crosley Field.

jAgyfAA.jpg

67dd7cM.jpgyMc6GfJ.jpgtWnPMMM.jpgvn1ih3P.jpg

The Cincinnati Reds at Yankee Stadium for a game of the 1939 World Series.  From rare, color footage of the 1939 Series in Yankee stadium I changed the GEM blade sign to reflect that.

o9Gkp4s.jpg

Xpbk30i.png

YOUTUBE-1939 World Series Color Footage

Is it just me or does it look like there is more definition to the arms of the players? Have you changed something to player models/skins or am I imagining things?

1 hour ago, JoeRudi26 said:

Great work as always, Dennis!

Thank you sir.  Man, I cannot tell you how much I miss your MVP and MLB The Show dynasties.  Pretty much because of your presentations; I became fascinated with sports and mostly baseball dynasties/season play.  I hope you are doing well these days.

-DENNIS

18 minutes ago, kyleb said:

Is it just me or does it look like there is more definition to the arms of the players? Have you changed something to player models/skins or am I imagining things?

That's a great observation Kyle; I never really noticed that but I think it is the Topaz series of Photoshop filters I've been toying with on these screenshot that's giving off that appearance.  I almost wish I could play the game that looks like that.  

1 hour ago, dennisjames71 said:

Thank you sir.  Man, I cannot tell you how much I miss your MVP and MLB The Show dynasties.  Pretty much because of your presentations; I became fascinated with sports and mostly baseball dynasties/season play.  I hope you are doing well these days.

-DENNIS

Thanks for the kind words, Dennis. Really glad to see you here as well, I haven't been around much in the last couple of years but I've finally come full circle. I'm more ready for baseball this year than I have been in a long time now. I'm working on something for this year, just have to wait until the 27th to pick up my copy of The Show '18. 

Anyway, it's nice to see you're still at it and still doing the good work you've always done. Great thread, BTW, looking forward to checking in here. 

- Jay

37 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

Is that....is that JoeRudi26 I see here?

Welcome back brother it's been a long time!

giphy.gif

Yeah, I´m glad he´s back too, I´m still amazed about all this guys mods over the years, I still remember my brother telling me about this site he found (mvpmods and eamods) since then i´m coming every single day, once again thanks for all your hard work guys.  

4 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Is that....is that JoeRudi26 I see here?

Welcome back brother it's been a long time!

giphy.gif

Thanks KC!

It's been way too long, looking forward to a long summer of baseball here on Mods!

In the interest of staying on topic, the last copy of The Show I own is '16 - skipped - 17, but am anxious to get my hands this year's game. Since we're on the subject of modding (or creating) some Classics, I took a shot at creating The Bambino and have found some really good pics of Gehrig that I'd like to try my hand at. A bit rusty, but am determinted to get some practice in this spring.

93.jpg

Yeah, with Jay and Laro here in the thread; I'm having flashbacks from The Show Nation forums in 2011 & 2012.  I'll never forget that 2011 NFL season where I think Laro went near perfect every single week.  :-)

For sure Jay, a good Gehrig cyberface would be Epic as well as the Babe or other legends that haven't been covered enough.

Just please don't make a Babe Ruth cyberface that looks like Mr. Goodman.  Lol!  I don't know why I usually cringe when I think of that movie.  I'm looking forward to the real Babe in the SHOW 18 and curious to see his swing and how his rating realistically reflect his performance.

QFUfB8Z.jpgbxmpqaI.jpg

I thought I remembered reading an article a few years back,  about a possible Yankees road uniform change proposed back in 1974.  I saw the sample on Chris Creamer's site and also found the article.  

Yankees 1974 Road Uniform Change

Glad they didn't use these but it didn't stop me from doing a "what if" and adding the uniform into my Total Classics 1974 game.

Yr5J5t9.jpgzZeppDP.jpg

I read a lot of things on the Yankees but never this and after I read that article from Uniwatch on ESPN I now know why. These uniforms were submitted by Wilson and for a short while Gabe Paul was mulling it over. I would doubt seriously if George Steinbrenner would have agreed to this, thank the Lord.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived