MLB 2K 2019 1.0

Guaro1379

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mose2011 said:

Hi Guys!  How far is the progress in the MLB 2K 2019 Mod? 

This is the third time you have come into this thread asking these guys when the mod will be done. You must think that I have nothing else to do except to repeat myself over and over but believe me I do. So, this is your third and last warning about asking when this mod or any other mod will be completed.

2 hours ago, Mose2011 said:

Hi Guys!  How far is the progress in the MLB 2K 2019 Mod? 

There hasn't been an update on this since the month started, (which I can understand is not encouraging) but I'm assuming given the team involved, it will be done when it's been completed :)

if I am updating and testing it, what happens is that I have not mounted the photos, and remember I am only the 2k series of the Caribbean I do it and it takes me 3 months. patience mates.

or prefer that you mount the advances for packages as well as the music with executables are not you decide

logos, art of the menu, art of musical play, stadium, uniforms etc each one on the part and you put it together, of course each one will have its executable to make it easier to install

2 hours ago, guaro1379 said:

if I am updating and testing it, what happens is that I have not mounted the photos, and remember I am only the 2k series of the Caribbean I do it and it takes me 3 months. patience mates.

Please take your time with this because no one wants to rush you. People just have to learn that it takes time to make a mod like this because a lot goes into it.

On 6/29/2019 at 6:25 PM, Yankee4Life said:

Please take your time with this because no one wants to rush you. People just have to learn that it takes time to make a mod like this because a lot goes into it.

I think we have to collectively come to an agreement on when we can internally consider a project abandonware (or assume it's been abandoned) and what's an active/ongoing project in order to prevent situations where people will spam and keep asking when something's coming out.

For example, my own personal threshold is two months with no update from the creator or anyone that's collaboratively working on the project before I come to the conclusion that it's been abandoned or lost to time.

From what I gathered in this thread, it was a month since the last update on the project (June 9), which I thought was a good enough time to raise concern, which is why I didn't intervene since it's a thread bump. Repeated thread bumps (where someone will bump the thread once, then that same person bumps the thread again and it shows up as a double post) constitutes a warning, IMO.

I guess what I'm trying to explain is that if a project is considered ongoing, always assume it will be done when it's done, unless the content creator specifies a release date or release window in the thread.

-KC

2 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

I think we have to collectively come to an agreement on when we can internally consider a project abandonware (or assume it's been abandoned) and what's an active/ongoing project in order to prevent situations where people will spam and keep asking when something's coming out.

For example, my own personal threshold is two months with no update from the creator or anyone that's collaboratively working on the project before I come to the conclusion that it's been abandoned or lost to time.

That would be a hard thing to do especially if you don't know the lead modder in charge of the project who can tell us why there has not been any updates. Some of the guys in the Latin American countries have limited Internet access so this could be the case of why this appears to be abandoned. I'm not saying that this is what happened but it could be a possibility.

Guaro did come in to say that this mod would take about three months. So I take it that he came in here to let us know what's going on and that's fine.

Mose came in this thread three times (May 31st, June 3rd and June 29th) to ask about when the mod be ready. That's why I asked him to have some patience and a very easy thing to do for all the mods available for the two major games we have here.

I think waiting two months for an update is more than fair but then again we have to keep in mind who is making the mod. I'll give you an example. Remember Hory? He said he was working on the 1994 season and it took him eighteen months to do it. Some people assumed incorrectly that he dropped the entire thing because he gave no updates except every once in a while when someone recalled that he was working on it and all he said was it's coming along.

OTBJoel is another example. It took that guy three long years to complete the Legends of the Booth mod. He's a guy that did not post a lot here or use the shout box. All he did was release parts of his mod so people could see the progress that he made. If he never did that it would've been easy to come to the conclusion that he abandoned it.

On the other hand let's go back ten years and I will give you an example of what you said about going two months without an update. You remember the first time that the NCAA was going to be made? NYM (that's a name we have not heard from in awhile) started the work on that mod and it was going okay and then it was dropped. By the way that project didn't even last two months! 😄

if it's true, one of the things that has kept me waiting is that I'm testing it to avoid error and the other I'm waiting for mlb to release the conference logos and srie world to put the stadium and a few things that I'm improving and the most difficult thing updating the music for the Americans that I know are very selective with American music, I hope you understand

15 hours ago, guaro1379 said:

if it's true, one of the things that has kept me waiting is that I'm testing it to avoid error and the other I'm waiting for mlb to release the conference logos and srie world to put the stadium and a few things that I'm improving and the most difficult thing updating the music for the Americans that I know are very selective with American music, I hope you understand

Let me know if you need help with the american music. My MVP 15 soundtrack was fantastic.

17 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

That would be a hard thing to do especially if you don't know the lead modder in charge of the project who can tell us why there has not been any updates. Some of the guys in the Latin American countries have limited Internet access so this could be the case of why this appears to be abandoned. I'm not saying that this is what happened but it could be a possibility.

Guaro did come in to say that this mod would take about three months. So I take it that he came in here to let us know what's going on and that's fine.

Mose came in this thread three times (May 31st, June 3rd and June 29th) to ask about when the mod be ready. That's why I asked him to have some patience and a very easy thing to do for all the mods available for the two major games we have here.

I think waiting two months for an update is more than fair but then again we have to keep in mind who is making the mod. I'll give you an example. Remember Hory? He said he was working on the 1994 season and it took him eighteen months to do it. Some people assumed incorrectly that he dropped the entire thing because he gave no updates except every once in a while when someone recalled that he was working on it and all he said was it's coming along.

OTBJoel is another example. It took that guy three long years to complete the Legends of the Booth mod. He's a guy that did not post a lot here or use the shout box. All he did was release parts of his mod so people could see the progress that he made. If he never did that it would've been easy to come to the conclusion that he abandoned it.

On the other hand let's go back ten years and I will give you an example of what you said about going two months without an update. You remember the first time that the NCAA was going to be made? NYM (that's a name we have not heard from in awhile) started the work on that mod and it was going okay and then it was dropped. By the way that project didn't even last two months! 😄

You raise some good points on those projects, ultimately they came out pretty amazing too despite the progress!

El 30/5/2019 a las 8:02, LouisvilleLipp dijo:

Sé que los Marlins y los Mellizos tienen nuevos uniformes. 

E1sJ6gu.png           6TYN8QG.jpg

where I can find these references toguide me please I thank you for the help

3 hours ago, guaro1379 said:

Kccitystar if you have the music in mp3 it would be great, easier because I'm not going to waste time looking for it

I am not sure how the songs work in MLB 2K12. Do they have to be an exact time like the original song?
No estoy seguro de cómo funcionan las canciones en MLB 2K12. ¿Tienen que ser una hora exacta como la canción original?

I was looking for it and I could not get it out like the image you passed me, because there are many uniforms and I want to update the most important, home, road, alternative at least 2 of each team because there are many

I've got some Marlins uniform fonts I've been looking to use. I think the last set of uniforms I made entirely from scratch were the Astros in 2013 since 2K didn't come out with an MLB 2K13 on PC. 

We'll see what happens here ;)

Archived