MVP Baseball 2019/2020 Project

proiterer

Alright, after I grabbed my old copy of MVP Baseball near the end of last year for nostalgia but still ended up wanting to play with current teams, players and stadiums, discovered this community of modders, then started learning the tools, reading all those helpful forums threads and applying many of the fantastic mods published here to the game and have had a lot of fun with them until I decided that I wanted to have the most polished, up to date version of the game possible for 2020 by placing all these pieces together... but with one not so little detail, remaining as faithful as possible to the original features the game offers (such as the unlockables and being able to play Dynasty/Owner mode).

That's how I started working on a project to achieve this but then realized how much time and effort it's taking (and will take), that didn't discourage me, fortunately I have some free time at the moment but any help, feedback and guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Now onto the project itself, what I have or plan on using:

• The rosters: The core of the game. Currently using the MLB teams from Gordo's excellent 2019 MLB BaseUp! End of Season Rosters but since these don't include updated minor leagues teams, had to re-built the entire organizational system with the original game's rosters as a base, importing and adapting some AAA-AA-A players from WilliamsV's MVP Baseball 2019 Pack and ultimately, creating most of the remaining prospects from scratch with the tools in this site and real data from MLB, MiLB, Baseball-Reference, Fangraphs, Brooks, 2080, etc.

RenoAces2019-01a.jpg.c913328d0d8752391956522ca57383f5.jpg

The entire 2019 rosters for the Arizona Diamondbacks and Atlanta Braves organizations are already completed and tested in simmed/played Dynasty seasons with the 2019 Schedule (adjusted with Ty's Schedule Updater). My intention is to fully complete the 2019 rosters as a base and then shuffle up the players moving organizations or into free agency for 2020.

Now my doubt mainly relies on the following: placing together the rosters for these two organizations alone took some time and effort that I'm more than willing to take it if no one else is but I've seen the other thread and realized there are capable people already creating 2020 rosters for the game, so not sure if I should focus on some other stuff out of the many things needed to be done. I think all of us willing to work on the same initiative should just talk and agree who will do what or figure out some sort of joint effort.

Will talk about the other aspects of the game in following posts within this same topic as long as that's allowed, is it okay?

8 hours ago, bctrackboi11 said:

@BallFour has just about every uniform already accounted for. I don't play MVP much anymore, but I'd dust it off for something like this.

I agree. The guy has made a lot but if you want throwback ones you got to explore the download section. There's a goldmine of old uniforms there.

11 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

I see nothing wrong with what you are trying to accomplish here. Good luck.

Thanks a lot for the support!

10 hours ago, bctrackboi11 said:

@BallFour has just about every uniform already accounted for. I don't play MVP much anymore, but I'd dust it off for something like this.

All those great uniforms BallFour made definitely played a big part in influencing me to work on this project. Currently using all his 2019 (and prior) uniforms for all MLB and MiLB teams but individually selecting each because for some reason the game seems to have some issues when using certain slots and I'm avoiding overwriting the classic uniforms from the original game so they can be unlocked and used normally, or at the very least only update them (example: the 1982 Brewers one he did). Intend to switch to the latest 2020 uniforms later, of course.

• Stadiums: Also using BallFour's SunTrust Park, now Truist Park, that's one of the things that will need updating and I'm willing to work on, would be nice to bring the stadium signs up to date but my knowledge regarding that field is limited, been doing some test with Guaranteed Rate Field and T-Mobile Park already tho. I understand that you specialize on stadiums, @bctrackboi11? It'd be awesome if you could take part by helping out on that front or anything else you'd like, please, just lemme know.
    Most other stadiums being used are selected from the outstanding work by Pirate, dennisjames71 and guaro1379 featured in the downloads section, will detail further on this later on.

• Logos: BallFour's logos for all current MiLB teams are being put to use in this mod as well. I think they're all complete with the current franchises' names and image save for the Sod Poodles. Also there might be need to update all MLB logos because they've changed a bit since the 2018 ones found here but that's something I haven't dared to dabble in yet.

• Portraits: All MLB players featured in 2019 Gordo's rosters have their portrait assigned following the official ID list system save for some particular cases that had to be moved for very specific reasons like Harrison Bader getting in the way at some of the original game's features or Kelvin Herrera using an unlockable player's slot.
    Couldn't find the portrait for a few of them (example: Brandon Woodruff) so did them. Already got the 2020 packs that have been uploaded and started working on the new player updates.
    Most new MiLB players haven't any portrait slot assigned yet, that's gonna have to wait a bit until we see who debuts, who stays at which level, who's released and all that.

Good luck with this .... but don't expect a lot of accolades other than from the regulars around here.

You're welcome to use the last roster I did for the MLB players if you want.  It was all based off actual stats, mainly cumulative over the years except for rookies of course.  Actual hot/cold zones, actual speeds, etc.  Let me know if you need any resources that I haven't already posted.   I'm letting the roster project go and basically it's open game.  Wish you the best.

7 hours ago, Gordo said:

Good luck with this .... but don't expect a lot of accolades other than from the regulars around here.

You're welcome to use the last roster I did for the MLB players if you want.  It was all based off actual stats, mainly cumulative over the years except for rookies of course.  Actual hot/cold zones, actual speeds, etc.  Let me know if you need any resources that I haven't already posted.   I'm letting the roster project go and basically it's open game.  Wish you the best.

Many thanks for letting me use them, I'm trying to keep every new player balanced to match these rosters you did as a base standard but taking everything from as much real data as possible, so of course that any extra resource that you could send my way will be very useful and greatly appreciated (and tips! I've learned a lot from reading about your experiences with MVPedit on the forums). Will be sending you a private message requesting them, I'm really curious about those.

As for the some other aspects of the project:

• Faces: Almost all faces for currently active MLB players published here at MVP Mods have been compiled and matched to their official IDs. Looking forward to incorporate new cyberfaces made by all the talented guys who have been working on them. Same as with the portraits, will try to avoid overwriting any classic unlockable players' faces in the base game.

New players are tough as you're going on how minor league data/stats would translate to the majors.  No one really can know of course, so I had my own little formula for the early going.  After the player gets at least about 40 games under his belt is when I would subject him to my chart then for contact and power.

On 3/4/2020 at 8:38 PM, Gordo said:

New players are tough as you're going on how minor league data/stats would translate to the majors.  No one really can know of course, so I had my own little formula for the early going.  After the player gets at least about 40 games under his belt is when I would subject him to my chart then for contact and power.

On 3/11/2020 at 2:02 AM, Muller_11 said:

Count with me if you need help with the portraits :)

Many thanks for your help, guys!

Been working on the organizations' full rosters on all levels during my free time and so far there are about 8 of them ready.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, carpenter said:

Hi @proiterer!

I haven't been around here in ages, but the lockdown is making me reconsider dusting off MVP05. Are you still planning to go through with the 2020 update? This sounded very promising!

Hello, thanks for your interest in this project. I have been working on it, mostly on the rosters, it's just that all this pandemic situation changed my job dynamic completely which slowed me down a bit, but the plan still is moving forward.

31 minutes ago, proiterer said:

Hello, thanks for your interest in this project. I have been working on it, mostly on the rosters, it's just that all this pandemic situation changed my job dynamic completely which slowed me down a bit, but the plan still is moving forward.

Thanks for the update!

I was actually thinking about that - the pandemic made me consider playing some MVP once again but after all it has also wrecked havoc in a number of other things in my life - so it's probably the same for the guy working on this 🙂

Wish you all the best, and in case you have updates we're all ears!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bstalder said:

I just re-installed 2005 due to no Baseball being available and I do not own a Playstation in order to Play The Show... What MVP Total Conversion should I install now before yours is finished?

There's a lot. Pick one that captures your interest.

Archived