How to Change Owner Mode Money!!!

Schmeh

note: Didn't really want to contribute to this thread as I find cheating lame, but it's a personal choice, if you want to cheat the game hey more power to you I guess. To me seems you're only cheating yourself lol

I hear ya Kam, but this is my first year playing MVP because I've just been doing text based OOTP, and I must admit I was seriously pissed when I bought MVP 2005 and saw Owner mode...What it did was made me choose the Nationals because I am trying to go off of realism, and I can't take the Giants, because the last thing the Giants need is a new stadium....Well I don't really think it is realistic that in default Owner mode you have to play in a 20,000 seat stadium and have to play into the season just to get a popcorn vendor...So what this cheat has allowed me to do, is play Owner Mode and STILL be the Giants, but create the 40,000 stadium, but play in Pac Bell.....

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't had any crashes..I have simmed, played, made trades, everything and haven't had a crash yet..probably 20 or so games since I changed my money..*knocks on wood*

Mafo, no worries here..I don't need anyones approval here to play the game how I want and in a way that I consider fun...doesn't matter to me one bit. I just don't think this is "cheating" because it doesn't really give you an advantage one way or the other.

I tested it with $150 million, and went crazy on the stadium upgrades...The thing is though is what I noticed on the income statement...With all of the upgrades I did, my expected net/loss was a ($168 million) loss on the year (I am basically planning on just using the cheat to upgrade my initial stadium to 42,000 seat capacity with luxury suites, some vendors and that is it....BTW it also crashed on me after like 10 games of simming, any advice on that?

Why don't you just try using ArtMoney to change your net/loss number too?

Why don't you just try using ArtMoney to change your net/loss number too?

a better idea would be to use artmoney to change the price of the upgrades, that way you don't need to change your money and can still get all the upgrades and maintain a positive balance

i had this problem too until i change my desktop resolution to the same i am using in the game

before i was running a the desktop at a different resolution then the game i couldn't minimize, it would act like it did but the mvp screen would still be there.

Now it works as long as my resolutions from the desktop and MVP are the same. Its just kind of a pain to switch my desktop before i play :evil:

manram, zoidberg & wings, read the posts maybe?...there are quite a few suggestions including...:

To go around this you can simply alt-tab while the game is loading (like on a "loading" screen) then remember to save after your game is

finished..

that should work no matter what res or vid card you use.

ctrl+alt+del doesn't work? That's hard to believe.

:lol: :lol:

i'm trying an "honest" owner campaign. out of curiousity how far can you build up your stadium? how much can you add? the box says limitless but, i'm 6 games in and it looks pretty LIMITED. seeing as how you guys have billions of dollars, does this unleash new ways of building the stadium up? retractable roofs etc. or is what you see as far as goals for ballpark additions in the beginning of owner mode pretty much all you get?

If you want to see a created stadium with every possible upgrade, rename venuday.big to another stadium like aa01nite.big. Then start a game with aa01 and you'll see the completed stadium. There's not as much variety as one would hope. Probably one of those features they knew would be interesting and popular but they put in the minimum so they can advertise lots of improvements next year and get you to buy the new version.

Alo:

Yeah, I have the same problem--->Cant minimize MVP 2K5 in order to use Artmoney.

I also have Windows XP. :?

I tried ALT+TAB, the Windows button, CTRL+ALT....no case.

Any further help?

Gracias!

This might have something to do with your video card too. I didn't used to be able to minimize until I upgraded my video card. I have a Radeon, I think 9600 or something. You have to kind of hold down the ALT key a bit and then hit the TAB key. Sometimes it works easier in a menu mode rather than ingame mode. If you can't get it to work, have someone create an owner mode with the team you want, run Artmoney, get billions of dollars and then just copy their owner.sav file.

i'm trying an "honest" owner campaign. out of curiousity how far can you build up your stadium? how much can you add? the box says limitless but, i'm 6 games in and it looks pretty LIMITED. seeing as how you guys have billions of dollars, does this unleash new ways of building the stadium up? retractable roofs etc. or is what you see as far as goals for ballpark additions in the beginning of owner mode pretty much all you get?

They mean limitless as by saying you can choose what you want on it from the purchases they give you and by the settings you can edit. It's not really THAT in depth, but you can edit just enough.

I've tried everything just like everyone has posted here and I can not get results. I enter the number of money I have from the set pricing menu where my ticket prices are located. It says I have $74608. I load up Art Money,drop down MVP 2005, and search for the value and find it. I hit the arrow over and it goes to the right side. Now here is the part that no one is real clear about. On the line that the address is located there is a box for value. I assume you change that number for the changes in the game. So I change the number that reads 74608 to 999999 and hit enter. Now what? That's it. I go back into the game and there are no changes. I can exit the set pricing menu and go back in, no changes.

I have tried a few different things but nothing. I am becoming convinced that this program is not all it is cracked up to be.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Thanks and peace out.

They mean limitless as by saying you can choose what you want on it from the purchases they give you and by the settings you can edit. It's not really THAT in depth, but you can edit just enough.

oh well then, i guess that leaves 2 choices then: 1) play w/ a team like the nationals or someone else who is really in need of a new park or 2) see how much i can edit the files until it causes a crash LOL!

real simple as explained; :o

keep trying,it took me a few minutes to figure it out.

I did as instructed and changed number to 99999999 diddn't work.Did another search for my old number nothing.Went to the game no change.

So,I went simmed a couple of games to get another bank balance number;then,went back and checked owners box-set prices saw my new neg bank balance.Then,went to artmoney did a search for 7213469.00

found it and changed to 100000000.00(decimal) Went back to the game Saw new 100mil spent it down to 10.5mil went to artmoney searched for 10500000.00 found it.changed to 900000000.00 bought everything Real f-ing cool :lol: Keep trying! :mrgreen: if I can figure it out anyone could :roll:

The Alt+tab thing is a problem with mainly GeForce users. Windows will always work, if you don't have any other programs running.

If other programs are running then it will stuff up. So it is kinda stupid, because to get good graphics, GeForce users have to use 3D Analyse.

Archived