2021 MLB ONLY Pre-Season Rosters

Gordo

Yes, released a 2021 MLB ONLY Pre-season roster. I didn't like the fact that the last roster set I did didn't sim through an entire season for no apparent reason, so what I did was clean up the entire set top to bottom (used an earlier stable roster as a base).  I completely gutted the FA pool and only put in the prominent FA major league players as best I could discern.  I then went through and after setting each team via the Fangraphs depth chart projections (mostly), then reset every minor league team and imported only the players with past service for the most part.  That is to say, you'll see more "Placeholder" players than ever, because I don't have any interest in the minor league rosters as in the past.  As far as I'm concerned, the minor league teams in an organization are just places to hold players not on the MLB squad (and hold the 26th man for the most part).  I do want to set some expectations moving forward:

• This does not necessarily mean I'm doing/releasing rosters all year long; playing it by ear.
  • This doesn't mean even if I do a few rosters along the way, it will necessarily be at the same caliber as past BaseUp! Rosters.
  • I won't be changing up and doing minor league teams -- so please don't ask.
  • If someone wants to take the roster and create one with minor league teams, have at it.  There's no need to PM me and ask permission.
  • Please don't PM me directly for support.  Make a thread or search the threads for answers.
  • If you sim with the injuries, suspensions and/or trades ON, I can't guarantee your season/franchise won't freeze.  I can't correct it.  (The present release sims through an entire season successfully with these features OFF.)
  • I'm not changing the All-Star teams.  It gets too dicey and it's just not worth it.
  • Jersey nos. of players currently sitting on a minor league team may not be correct.

For installation, it's always best to remove the 19 .dat files from the 'database' sub-folder (located in the 'data' sub-folder) completely, then unzip the desired rosters to that same location; don't simply over-write.  If you have an existing season/franchise going, inserting new rosters will not affect that season/franchise.

What I would like is that if anyone sees any glaring changes needed (uniform nos., pitch style, batting style, typo for a pitch speed, portrait ID, face ID, different generic face/skin/facial hair, etc.) either post something here in this thread or PM me about it.  That would be appreciated.

I appreciate the above, guys.  

In regards to LetsGoFish's review, he did this last year as it turns out he doesn't load the rosters correctly or doesn't know what he's talking about.  The ROY's from last year, Devin Williams and Kyle Lewis are on their respective teams because they were listed on the depth charts.  

Capture.JPG.af78086d4bd4dd4eaee40393a954467e.JPG

Yes!!! Long time lurker, but always appreciate your rosters. These look great & I look forward to diving into some of the updated player attributes for my fantasy drafts. As for your requests for any updates that stood out so far:

Keston Hiura (MIL) - bats R

Myles Straw (HOU) - Miles to Myles

Framber Valdez (HOU) - DOB 11/19/1993

Chad Green (NYY) - DOB 5/24/91

7 hours ago, shom10 said:

Yes!!! Long time lurker, but always appreciate your rosters. These look great & I look forward to diving into some of the updated player attributes for my fantasy drafts. As for your requests for any updates that stood out so far:

Keston Hiura (MIL) - bats R

Myles Straw (HOU) - Miles to Myles

Framber Valdez (HOU) - DOB 11/19/1993

Chad Green (NYY) - DOB 5/24/91

Thanks and exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for.  Sometimes there's just typos and sometimes things are just missed.

Hey Gordo

Just great great work mate. You just make my MVP life sooooo much easier. 

I like doing the minor league guys and i was about 8 clubs  into this years rosters (as much as you can be at this early stage anyway) but, based on your fine work buddy, I'm happy to make a little re-start. 

And very definitely echo your sentiments re laroquece, he just makes it so easy to keep up with everything trade-related.

1 hour ago, marty65 said:

Hey Gordo

Just great great work mate. You just make my MVP life sooooo much easier. 

I like doing the minor league guys and i was about 8 clubs  into this years rosters (as much as you can be at this early stage anyway) but, based on your fine work buddy, I'm happy to make a little re-start. 

And very definitely echo your sentiments re laroquece, he just makes it so easy to keep up with everything trade-related.

Thanks, I would recommend getting Philthepat's portrait/roster combination file from late last year (I believe).  I think it's actually in the portraits section, but not sure.  The advantage there would be he may have created some players already and at least the demographics and look of the player would be correct, but not necessarily the attributes.  Helped me out a lot with this latest roster as well.

I'm probably going to release an update later today, mainly having tweaked pitchers (do they really have only 2 or 5 pitches; stamina for starters, control for everyone); you also find little corrections for the look of the player along the way here and there, too.

On 3/5/2021 at 5:52 PM, Gordo said:

I appreciate the above, guys.  

In regards to LetsGoFish's review, he did this last year as it turns out he doesn't load the rosters correctly or doesn't know what he's talking about.  The ROY's from last year, Devin Williams and Kyle Lewis are on their respective teams because they were listed on the depth charts.  

Capture.JPG.af78086d4bd4dd4eaee40393a954467e.JPG

I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing that out. These are great. 

Thanks heaps once again Gordo.

So So much appreciated buddy.

Have been in a bit of a tight spot money-wise for quite some time now, (like half the world i think lol)  but I seem to be getting a bit clearer from it recently and once i'm in better shape, i'll sort you out buddy, and the site as well. I know it's not what you guys are all about but i think its right that we show appreciation for the tireless work and efforts you all put in to maintain this incredible site and keep it running and continually adding and upgrading to enhance our amazing game.

10 hours ago, LetsGoFish2015 said:

I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing that out. These are great. 

Thanks, that's big of you to mention that.

2 hours ago, marty65 said:

Thanks heaps once again Gordo.

So So much appreciated buddy.

Have been in a bit of a tight spot money-wise for quite some time now, (like half the world i think lol)  but I seem to be getting a bit clearer from it recently and once i'm in better shape, i'll sort you out buddy, and the site as well.

You're very welcome ... I had been keeping the rosters in some shape for myself and online play and then had the time to work on them more, so figured why not post them again since not much was going on in that arena.  I'm not going to say "no" to a contribution any longer if that's what you feel led to do.

Next up, updating all MLB fielders fielding attributes as best as possible.

Hi man, thanks for the work you put on here, I did some tests with your roster and the new schedule and the simulation worked fine the entire season with injuries and suspensions for MLB only (there were also some crazy things like the Angels won 107 games).

I noted there are some Audio/Photo IDs that differs from the ones that are in the MVP Community Player ID List, some examples are:

-Gavin Lux (LAD) 9980 but in the Community List he have the 918

-Will D. Smith (LAD) 6639 should be 802

-Jesús Luzardo (Oak) 7530 should be 455

-Seth Brown (Oak) 4351 should be 952

-A.J. Puk (Oak) 4883 to 164

There are probably more but those are the ones I have seen for now

Aaand by the way, right now I'm just 5 teams away (Stl, TB, Tor, Tex and Wsh) to having all organizational depths charts in baseball, maybe when the work it's done I can release a roster that includes MiLB teams alongside your MLB roster.

Sure whatever you'd like.  Ya, I did notice some Photo (portrait) ID nos. that were off and partly because I wasn't keeping up with things like before.  There's a few cyberface updated nos. I'll have in there also (though I haven't looked yet to see where those faces are or if they're done).

This next update will have a lot of fielding tweaks, so keep that in mind.

It's interesting that you simmed successfully with those features on.  As far as certain teams winning like in your Angels example, don't know what to tell you.  I simmed with the injuries/suspensions off and the Angels won 93 games and the division.  I also simmed with them on and it seems to be working now.  I know in my build I had some stadiums that were causing crashes.

35 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Sure whatever you'd like.  Ya, I did notice some Photo (portrait) ID nos. that were off and partly because I wasn't keeping up with things like before.  There's a few cyberface updated nos. I'll have in there also (though I haven't looked yet to see where those faces are or if they're done).

This next update will have a lot of fielding tweaks, so keep that in mind.

It's interesting that you simmed successfully with those features on.  As far as certain teams winning like in your Angels example, don't know what to tell you.  I simmed with the injuries/suspensions off and the Angels won 93 games and the division.  I also simmed with them on and it seems to be working now.  I know in my build I had some stadiums that were causing crashes.

Yup, the Angels example it's just an interesting fact, maybe it has something to do with their schedule strenght or the Mike Trout factor, but the results in the other divisions look a lot like what most predictions are saying and that's good.

On stadiums crashes, I don't know if that has anything to do with the simulated season running well with injuries/suspensions on.

Don't think Trout would factor in that much.  In the past the rosters have been pretty decent with predicting division winners.  

I'm willing to bet the stadiums were my problem.  I think even a corrupt cyberface could have crashed a season.  I know an overload FA pool could, but no chance of that being the case this time after I whittled it down to what it is.

Addendum:  next major tweaks:  1) pitchers who can hit batting attributes;  2) catchers throwing strength and accuracy

As I'm combing through these portraits and trying to get better generic cyberfaces, skin tones and facial hair to match, I'm noticing some corrections needed (which will be incorporated into the Opening Day roster), but posting them here if you want to correct them yourself for now.  You can correct in MVPedit or directly in the "attrib.dat" file in the rosters.  Just follow the legend at the top to know what numbers to correct.  This may get addendums along the way, so check back:

Brandon Woodruff:  Portrait 4940 ===>> 116

Josh Naylor:  Portrait 7566 ===>> 48  (same pic, correct uniform)

Hunter Dozier:  420 (cyberface)

Niko Goodrum:  749 (cyberface)

16 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

How about a hand for Gordo? His attention to detail has always impressed me. :clapping:

It's okay, you don't need to do that .... I'm not looking for accolades.  I'd rather have feedback for corrections wanted/needed. But much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Gordo said:

It's okay, you don't need to do that .... I'm not looking for accolades.  I'd rather have feedback for corrections wanted/needed. But much appreciated.

I've told you many times in the past that all the modders here deserve to be thanked and that is just as important as receiving feedback. You do a good job.

20 hours ago, Gordo said:

As I'm combing through these portraits and trying to get better generic cyberfaces, skin tones and facial hair to match, I'm noticing some corrections needed (which will be incorporated into the Opening Day roster), but posting them here if you want to correct them yourself for now.  You can correct in MVPedit or directly in the "attrib.dat" file in the rosters.  Just follow the legend at the top to know what numbers to correct.  This may get addendums along the way, so check back:

Brandon Woodruff:  Portrait 4940 ===>> 116

Josh Naylor:  Portrait 7566 ===>> 48  (same pic, correct uniform)

Hunter Dozier:  420 (cyberface)

Niko Goodrum:  749 (cyberface)

Addendum:

Mitch Keller:  Portrait 4940 ===>> 149

Blake Snell:  205 (cyberface)

(the reason some guys have the same 4000 series portrait was because at one time I made a list of a team logo portrait for guys who didn't have one yet and then the list got changed, no longer preserving those 30 slots --- unfortunate)

========================

That's all I could find to this point.  I've adjusted generic cyberfaces, tones, facial hair for a variety of players and this will be incorporated.  So if anyone has any cosmetic errors or suggestions, leave them here or PM me.

Remember for the "chin strap" and "true beards" to show up, you need to install that mod from BallFour.

Archived