How do I slide when returning to base during pickoff attempt?!

Slyguy3129

So now that I've finally gotten MVP05 to work on Windows 10, I've started a new Dynasty. I'm using manual base running, but one thing that is really, really, really getting under my skin, is that I don't remember how to slide when returning to the base during a pick off attempt. I hit the "all runners return to base" button on the controller (Right Button) but they just lazily stroll back to the bag. Which of course leads to the AI being able to pick you off since it can immediately throw the ball back to the base once you go back to the batter view. AI seems to have no problems at all sliding.

1 hour ago, Slyguy3129 said:

So now that I've finally gotten MVP05 to work on Windows 10, I've started a new Dynasty. I'm using manual base running, but one thing that is really, really, really getting under my skin, is that I don't remember how to slide when returning to the base during a pick off attempt. I hit the "all runners return to base" button on the controller (Right Button) but they just lazily stroll back to the bag. Which of course leads to the AI being able to pick you off since it can immediately throw the ball back to the base once you go back to the batter view. AI seems to have no problems at all sliding.

I think you would need to use the right analog stick the same way you would to slide to any base. Give that a shot.

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

Did you happen to download the game by any chance?

1 hour ago, Slyguy3129 said:

No, would you like me to go back to 2006 and find my reciept from Gamestop in order to get your assistance? Let me warm my DeLorean up it takes a minute for the flux capacitor to wake up......

While I'm aware of Slyguy's post history now, it was a gameplay question and didn't need to go in this direction at all.

27 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

While I'm aware of Slyguy's post history now, it was a gameplay question and didn't need to go in this direction at all.

Understood. I did not  know that you have been aware of what he has recently posted in another thread. Now I do.

It's not R on the d-pad to slide back?  I don't know as I don't use manual return.  All I know is the PC pitchers are much better at picking you off, even with the lowered pick off nos. I have in my rosters, than I am.  I think to possibly counter this, move back and forth to the spot you want for the lead in between each pitch.

2 hours ago, Gordo said:

It's not R on the d-pad to slide back?  I don't know as I don't use manual return.  All I know is the PC pitchers are much better at picking you off, even with the lowered pick off nos. I have in my rosters, than I am.  I think to possibly counter this, move back and forth to the spot you want for the lead in between each pitch.

And I'm the lameass that just turns on auto pickoff return. :D

9 hours ago, BallFour said:

And I'm the lameass that just turns on auto pickoff return. :D

Hehe...not at all.  I don't use it either.  I think the pickoff is in the coding.  I've had fairly fast runners w/ good base running attribute get picked off now and then with only 1 step from the bag, especially by a lefty.

Archived